PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Per ESPN: Josh McDaniels new HC of Broncos; Capers will follow

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's 7 players on the Broncos that are as old or older than Josh McDaniels and 14 over the age of 30 :eek:
And probably 35 in their 20s who look older than McDaniels.

This is why Shanny and Cowher have not hired anywhere else; They had dinner with BB and Kraft last week and were made offers they couldn't refuse to be the next DC and OC respectively. :D

Man, if only it were that easy! :rolleyes:

Re: Per ESPN: Josh McDaniels new HC of Broncos

I do think the make up of the defense is much different now. Not only are they not nearly as tough and physical, but they don't seem to be nearly as deceptive as they used to be at least on a regular basis. Under Crennel the defensive players would do a lot more moving on and off the line and disguising their coverages and blitzes than they have in recent years.

I absolutely agree with you. I have struggled for the last two years trying to decide if it's the personnel or the coaching. I thought that it was the personnel at first, but this season, I started to think that it's the coaching.

I absolutely agree with you. I have struggled for the last two years trying to decide if it's the personnel or the coaching. I thought that it was the personnel at first, but this season, I started to think that it's the coaching.

I used to think Pees kept it simple because of what he had to work with, but I also wonder if it is the coach's style that ain't working.

Good luck to him; I think it's a fantastic move for the Broncs. Taking Dom Capers along is a smart first move.

RAC had Bruschi and Vrabel in their absolute primes, Harrison when he was still playing at top form, Wilson when was a quality player who hadn't yet gotten gun-shy, Seymour before his leg injury and Ty Law manning a corner spot.

This is why Shanny and Cowher have not hired anywhere else; They had dinner with BB and Kraft last week and were made offers they couldn't refuse to be the next DC and OC respectively. :D

Man, if only it were that easy! :rolleyes:

Honestly that sounds nice on paper, but I wouldn't want that, too much ego involved. Plus who's to say they would even be good OCs or DCs at this point? It's been a long time for both of them and the HC job is much different and less specialized.

Honestly that sounds nice on paper, but I wouldn't want that, too much ego involved. Plus who's to say they would even be good OCs or DCs at this point? It's been a long time for both of them and the HC job is much different and less specialized.

I agree. Can you imagine a room with those three in it trying to gameplan? It would either be a force of dominating destruction, or just destruction within the organization.

It is just strange to have it actually be an option and would be cool to see in an alternate universe kinda setting.

dont know why everyone is hoping for crennel . Wasnt last weke it was announced that mangini will work something out with crennel ? plus he is pretty close to mangini than BB so i see him staying in cleveland as some special consultant.

if hes gone. thanks for all the hard work, but SEE YA...we will be fine without ya.

I would agree with that. Our defense has become very soft under Pees. It's leading characteristics seem to be poor red zone defense and inability to make the big stop when necessary. I have great hopes that we are building a strong nucleus with AD, Mayo and Meriweather, but I'm not convinced that we'll ever be a dominant defense under Pees no matter how talented the personnel.

McDaniels certainly deserves some credit for bringing Cassel along well this year. I'm not sure he deserves much for the 2007 offensive bonanza - that was almost inevitable with the personnel. I'm not at all sure he is ready to be a head coach, but I wish him well and hope he succeeds.

Well even with 2007,he had to change and adjust to the entire playcalling. i read somewhere that BB sent him to florida to watch and observe urban meyer the yr before and it seemed a like planned move to change the offense to more of a spread formation and the moss deal in the draft just made it even more productive.
Mcdaniels did his best job in 2006 IMO with caldwell,gaffeney and gabriel after losing branch before week 1 and no givens. Taking that offense to the AFCCG was a good job.

How did that work out?

Considering how involved Al Davis insisted on being, Kiffin did the best he could.

BTW, they just announced here on Channel 11 in Dallas that McDaniels hiring was official.

RAC had Bruschi and Vrabel in their absolute primes, Harrison when he was still playing at top form, Wilson when was a quality player who hadn't yet gotten gun-shy, Seymour before his leg injury and Ty Law manning a corner spot.

I like how you put that. Reminded me of the 2003 AFCCG.

I blame the defense for our Super Bowl loss and the AFC Championship loss.
It's too bad someone didn't offer Dean Pees a job too. I'm not sold on his ability to coordinate our defense.

Yes. Its Pees fault that the defense lost numerous starters in 2006 and 2007 and 2008.. Its Pees fault that it took until 2008 for the Patriots front office to finally bring in some young linebackers to give the Patriots some depth at both the ILB and OLB positions.

Pees did the best he could with what he had. People who don't realize that are fooling themselves.

One of these days it would be nice if some former pats would choose the NFC :)
I don't like the idea of Pioli in the AFC, that's for sure. At least he isn't going to the AFCE.

I would agree with that. Our defense has become very soft under Pees. It's leading characteristics seem to be poor red zone defense and inability to make the big stop when necessary. I have great hopes that we are building a strong nucleus with AD, Mayo and Meriweather, but I'm not convinced that we'll ever be a dominant defense under Pees no matter how talented the personnel.

McDaniels certainly deserves some credit for bringing Cassel along well this year. I'm not sure he deserves much for the 2007 offensive bonanza - that was almost inevitable with the personnel. I'm not at all sure he is ready to be a head coach, but I wish him well and hope he succeeds.

This is ridiculous. It truly is. Clearly all you Pees haters haven't bothered to follow how many injuries the Pats have had on defense. You also must have missed that BB/Pioli are the ones who buy the groceries. There is only so much that Pees can do. I mean, he's the one who had Samuel and Meriweather in position to end the game against the Giants. Yet, both failed. Samuel was the one out of position on the Tyree catches.

You all need to go back and look at 2006 and realize that it was a Pees led defense that allowed only 14.8 points per game.

Well even with 2007,he had to change and adjust to the entire playcalling. i read somewhere that BB sent him to florida to watch and observe urban meyer the yr before and it seemed a like planned move to change the offense to more of a spread formation and the moss deal in the draft just made it even more productive.
Mcdaniels did his best job in 2006 IMO with caldwell,gaffeney and gabriel after losing branch before week 1 and no givens. Taking that offense to the AFCCG was a miracle.

fixed it for u....and if it wernt fo rthe D, we would have gone to the SB...

dont know why everyone is hoping for crennel . Wasnt last weke it was announced that mangini will work something out with crennel ? plus he is pretty close to mangini than BB so i see him staying in cleveland as some special consultant.

Tom Lerner, the owner, is the one who fired Crennel. Not Phil Savage. If it had been Savage, I'd agree with you. But since it was the owner, its unlikely that Crennel will be brought back. Also, why fire him. Why not re-assign him since he was still under contract.

People keep saying this but it just doesn't add up.

Adam Schefter is supposedly reporting that the McDaniels hiring is official.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News