PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Per ESPN: Josh McDaniels new HC of Broncos; Capers will follow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Per ESPN: Josh McDaniels new HC of Broncos

The best of luck to Josh.

WOW.... He's in Denver now and much closer so NEM can go visit him.

Very interesting move by the Broncos, although it was seemingly inevitable, as Pat Bowlen seems to like Josh a lot.

I get the feeling that BB will try to hire RAC and take over more of the offensive playcalling, and train up someone like O'Brian next year. Brady should have another stellar year, regardless of who is the offensive coordinator.

Don't you mean Cassel? From what I've heard, Brady won't even be ready when the season starts.

Good luck Josh. I'm not sure if he is ready to be head coach, but he has a hell of an offensive mind and should help Culter immensely.

Too bad. I think he was way underrated in this part of the country. McDaniels haters will get their chance to prove anyone could have done what McDaniels did in 2007 with the talent he had. I hope to God I am wrong, but I think the answer will be not nearly as much.

Good luck Josh McDaniels. Hope you have alot of sucess there (unless it's against the Pats, of course).

He's got a pretty stellar offense already in place...he should hire RAC to assemble a solid D.

I'll be surprised if its Obrien. This was only his second season with Patriots. I know he has been coordinator at Duke and G Tech, but I predict BB has something else up his sleeve. How about Pat Hill? Assistant HC / OC. Coached on the O side of ball under BB in Cleveland.

No. no one from outside is going to come and call plays for the pats with the system already in place.This yr bb will officially call himself the offe coordinator. Any guy on the sideline looking non descript or kid like who you have never seen before holding a playcalling card will be announced the off coordinator next yr in 2010

Ivan Fears, Dante Scarnecchia, and Mangurian ( former Atl. Falcon OC from 2003 ) would be my in house bets over OBrien.

iam hoping it isnt a "black monday" tmmorow for pats with some pioli announcement :(

Cheer up SVN. I try to look at the positive side of things. How do we know the next people won't do an even better job? IMO, as long as Kraft signs the checks things should be okay.

Mixed emotions on this one - he did orchestrate the high-flying offense of '07 and brought Cassel along but dang I can't shake those Indy AFC title game and SB 42 memories....

Don't you mean Cassel? From what I've heard, Brady won't even be ready when the season starts.

Neither you nor I, nor the Herald, the Globe, ESPN, SI, Fox, and everyone else besides Brady, his doctor, and a handful of other people have any idea about that.

Moreover, none of us are going to have any idea until training camp or (even more likely) the next-to-last exhibiton game next August.

There is no reason for people in the know to leak truthful information, and based upon past history, they have not and they will not.

Wow, he's only 32? Is he the youngest head coach ever?

Lane Kiffin was 31 when he was hired by the Raiders.

Mixed emotions on this one - he did orchestrate the high-flying offense of '07 and brought Cassel along but dang I can't shake those Indy AFC title game and SB 42 memories....

I still don't know anyone can blame McDaniels for the Indy AFC Title game (although they constantly have at least after Caldwell got cut). The Pats' defense gave up 38 point (35 of them in the second half) and it McDaniels' fault when the offense scored 27 points?

John Madden was 32 also when he became head coach. Granted McDaniels could be younger, but only by months.

Youngest Head Coaches
NFL History
Team D.O.B. Age at Signing
Lane Kiffin Raiders May 9, 1975 31 years, 8 months
Harland Svare Rams Nov. 25, 1930 31 years, 11 months
John Michelosen Steelers Feb. 13, 1916 32 years, 2 months
David Shula Bengals May 28, 1959 32 years, 7 months
John Madden Raiders April 10, 1936 32 years, 10 months
Don Shula Colts Jan. 4, 1930 33 years, 4 days
>>Josh McDaniels: Born April 22, 1976 (32 years, 8 months)

Youngest Active NFL Head Coaches
Team DOB
Mike Tomlin Steelers March 15, 1972
Eric Mangini Browns Jan. 10, 1971
Tom Cable Raiders Nov. 26, 1964 ******may or may not be hc
Sean Payton Saints Dec. 29, 1963
Mike McCarthy Packers Nov. 10, 1963
>>Josh McDaniels: born April 22, 1976

How did that work out?

Madden was 32 when he was hired and it worked out pretty good for the Raiders. Mike Tomlin was 34 when he was hired by the Steelers and they are two games away from a Super Bowl ring.

I still don't know anyone can blame McDaniels for the Indy AFC Title game (although they constantly have at least after Caldwell got cut). The Pats' defense gave up 38 point (35 of them in the second half) and it McDaniels' fault when the offense scored 27 points?

I blame the defense for our Super Bowl loss and the AFC Championship loss.
It's too bad someone didn't offer Dean Pees a job too. I'm not sold on his ability to coordinate our defense.

I blame the defense for our Super Bowl loss and the AFC Championship loss.
It's too bad someone didn't offer Dean Pees a job too. I'm not sold on his ability to coordinate our defense.

Good call.

the fact that we were in the afc champ game with that receiving core and scored 27 odd pts itself is some credit to josh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back