PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo, go chat with the Goat first!

Salsalife

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I.M.O. I think my first stop as the new head coach would be to visit Tom Brady and pick his brains. Tom has a unique perspective on coaching, players, opposing defenses and what he should be looking for in an Offensive coordinator, quarterback and receivers. Tom taught, trained and knew who to rely on. He got plays but made critical adjustments and could see thru defenses for their weaknesses. GOAT chat! Get it from his perspective and hire your staff.

Could not Mayo just call the Pats GM on the hot line?

Its the same number as Bob Krafts office.
20+ years of winning have broke people's brains. Granted some didn't have that far to go.
I.M.O. I think my first stop as the new head coach would be to visit Tom Brady and pick his brains. Tom has a unique perspective on coaching, players, opposing defenses and what he should be looking for in an Offensive coordinator, quarterback and receivers. Tom taught, trained and knew who to rely on. He got plays but made critical adjustments and could see thru defenses for their weaknesses. GOAT chat! Get it from his perspective and hire your staff.
Why would part owner of the Raiders want to help a conference rival?

20+ years of winning have broke people's brains. Granted some didn't have that far to go.

The deal wasn't approved by the other owners. Was deemed TB bent poor Mark over the negotiation table (officially they said he sold the stakes way too cheap).

I thought Brady becoming part owner of the Raiders was voted down by the owners because it was more of a branding opportunity and it was voted down because Tom really wasn’t going to pay as much money into the ownership say that others minority owners did. Did the owners revisit that and approve it?

I'd actually be surprised if they weren't in touch already. They played together (both were team captains) and Brady was still here when Mayo started coaching. I'm guessing they chat every now and then.

Brady as GM in Tampa picked up high talent players FIRST before he arrived. Gronk, Antonio Brown and Leonard Fournette. Why can't we follow what the GOAT did? He picked up players for the Superbowl run, not just regular season jags, dogs! Do we have to be like the Jets, Dolphins and Bills and wallo for a century? I'm sure if Mayo gets asked why he picked a WR all he has to say is that we are building pillars and foundations to be a Superbowl team. MHJ! Turn around the offensive weapons Mayo, WEAPONIZE!

Last edited:
Brady as GM in Tampa picked up high talent players before he arrived. Gronk, Antonio Brown and Leonard Fournette. Why can't we follow what the GOAT did? He picked up player for the Superbowl, not just regular season jags. Do we have to be like the Jets, Dolphins and Bills and wallo for a century? I'm sure if Mayo gets asked why all he has to say is that we are building pillars and foundations to be a Superbowl team. MHJ!

Tampa won a single title and now will wallo for a decade or more. Sacrifice everything for a single successful season. That's not the formula the Pats are going to follow.

Tampa won a single title and now will wallo for a decade or more. Sacrifice everything for a single successful season. That's not the formula the Pats are going to follow.
That's your take? I live in Florida, it was big for them. We are so spoiled as Patriots fans......You should chat with the Jets, Bills and Dolphin fans when you get a chance...

Brady as GM in Tampa picked up high talent players FIRST before he arrived. Gronk, Antonio Brown and Leonard Fournette. Why can't we follow what the GOAT did? He picked up players for the Superbowl run, not just regular season jags, dogs! Do we have to be like the Jets, Dolphins and Bills and wallo for a century? I'm sure if Mayo gets asked why he picked a WR all he has to say is that we are building pillars and foundations to be a Superbowl team. MHJ! Turn around the offensive weapons Mayo, WEAPONIZE!
He also planned way ahead and picked up Mike Evan’s in 2014, Donovan Smith and Ali Marpet in 2015, Chris Godwin in 2017, Vita Vea, Carlton Davis, Ronald Jones II and Alex Capps in 2018, Devin White and Mike Edward’s in 2019, and much more. Not to mention that he was able to convince himself to join the team.

The article below details all the moves he made. They misspelled Brady’s name as “Jason Licht”, but whatever.

Come on man...dude;

QUARTER​

KCTB
Kansas City Chiefs
FG
5:10
Harrison Butker 49 Yd Field Goal
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
TD
0:37
Rob Gronkowski 8 Yd pass from Tom Brady (Ryan Succop Kick)

2ND QUARTER​

KCTB
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
TD
6:05
Rob Gronkowski 17 Yd pass from Tom Brady (Ryan Succop Kick)
Kansas City Chiefs
FG
1:01
Harrison Butker 34 Yd Field Goal
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
TD
0:06
Antonio Brown 1 Yd pass from Tom Brady (Ryan Succop Kick)

3RD QUARTER​

KCTB
Kansas City Chiefs
FG
11:26
Harrison Butker 52 Yd Field Goal
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
TD
7:45
Leonard Fournette 27 Yd Run (Ryan Succop Kick)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
FG
2:46
Ryan Succop 52 Yd Field Goal

Full Play-By-Play
He also planned way ahead and picked up Mike Evan’s in 2014, Donovan Smith and Ali Marpet in 2015, Chris Godwin in 2017, Vita Vea, Carlton Davis, Ronald Jones II and Alex Capps in 2018, Devin White and Mike Edward’s in 2019, and much more. Not to mention that he was able to convince himself to join the team.

The article below details all the moves he made. They misspelled Brady’s name as “Jason Licht”, but whatever.
N

That's your take? I live in Florida, it was big for them. We are so spoiled as Patriots fans......You should chat with the Jets, Bills and Dolphin fans when you get a chance...

Yes. I think there are two distinct strategies for NFL teams. Orient toward a single season where everything comes together, but at the expense of future seasons. Or, orient towards sustained quality while knowing that you are less likely to buy 3-4 veterans on their last legs to add rocket fuel to a single season.

The first approach feels cheap and superficial to me. That's not about being a Pats fan; I feel the same way about college sports now that it is open to mercenaries. I want the schools I root for to stand for something other than winning. The whole point of winning in college is to give you a chance to show off the other features of your college, the things that are worth being proud of. Just being better at hiring kids to play sports as an end goal is sad.

Come on man...dude;

QUARTER​

KCTB
Kansas City Chiefs
FG
5:10
Harrison Butker 49 Yd Field Goal
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
TD
0:37
Rob Gronkowski 8 Yd pass from Tom Brady (Ryan Succop Kick)

2ND QUARTER​

KCTB
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
TD
6:05
Rob Gronkowski 17 Yd pass from Tom Brady (Ryan Succop Kick)
Kansas City Chiefs
FG
1:01
Harrison Butker 34 Yd Field Goal
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
TD
0:06
Antonio Brown 1 Yd pass from Tom Brady (Ryan Succop Kick)

3RD QUARTER​

KCTB
Kansas City Chiefs
FG
11:26
Harrison Butker 52 Yd Field Goal
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
TD
7:45
Leonard Fournette 27 Yd Run (Ryan Succop Kick)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
FG
2:46
Ryan Succop 52 Yd Field Goal

Full Play-By-Play

N

Did you see when Brady sacked Patrick Mahomes three times and intercepted him twice in that game... amazing two way player that he was.

C'mon man...

Well the problem here is. Brady getting players to come play with him is easier than trying to get players to come play for a 4-13 team with no QB.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back