PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Per ESPN: Josh McDaniels new HC of Broncos; Capers will follow

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL...you forgot to mention the Raiders went 12-4 in the year 2000 too. Does that make them still "PERENNIAL" contenders. I may not be a football genius like you but I can spell.

You are right, what good could 4 years of additional experience do for a guy?

I do not hate Josh. He is simply a PR move by the Broncos. Josh "Young and Fresh" McDaniels.

How can you tell when someone is losing an argument? They have to resort to nit-picking spelling mistakes that someone else said.

While Shanahan had 4 more years of college experience, McDaniels has more PRO experience. Or doesn't that count for anything?

If Denver wanted to make a "PR" move, they would have gone with Steve Spagnuolo from the Giants. They didn't. That should tell you its NOT a PR move.

Last edited:
Will you do the same to Bill?

2006 Sets NFL record by blowing 18 point lead in AFCC
2007 Spy Gate
2007 Loses SB to #6 seed while being 14 favorite
2008 Cannot make playoffs with 11 wins

I would not do that to Bill they you are doing it to Mike.

Hmm.. Lets see. In those 4 seasons, the Pats have 3 play-off apprearances, 2 AFCCG appearances (1 win), and a SB Appearance, and you are going to try and compare it to a coach who has a .500 record over the last 3 seasons?

I don't know about anyone else, but from where I sit, you have totally lost your argument and are spinning anything you can to try and save face.. Its pretty funny.

I am far more upset about the fact we lost Capers because that means Pees is still here. @$)&#%!!!!!!!!

Yes, Pees is still here. And you clearly don't understand the issues with the defense if you think he's a problem.

Your statement, like his, is incorrect. The two years before Mike took over the Raiders they were 8-8 in 1986 and 5-10 in 1987. Mike's year they went 8-8. The Raiders were on the decline before he showed up. One 12-4 season in 1990 does not make you a world beater. In 1991 they dropped to 9-7 followed by 7-9 in 1992.

You clearly can't read. In Shanahan's 1st year, they went 7-9. Shanahan was fired during his 2nd year with the Raiders, when they started off 1-3. So, Shanahan went 8-12 in 20 games.

From 1967 through 1987, the Raiders went to the Play-offs 15 times. So, while they had 2 down years prior to Shanahan taking over, it was hardly a start of their downfall. But it was close.

Heres the point, he's not with us anymore and personally I dont think we will miss a beat and look forward to a change.

He is a product of inheriting good players (ok really really good in TBs case) in a successful system, he is doomed to due fail like the rest of his ilk (Manginia and Crennel and Weiss for that matter)

Re: Per ESPN: Josh McDaniels new HC of Broncos

Mixed emotions on this one - he did orchestrate the high-flying offense of '07 and brought Cassel along but dang I can't shake those Indy AFC title game and SB 42 memories....

Feel the same way....although with Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Maroney (when healthy) and Faulk..........there are MANY, many OC that could have done the same thing....or better.....He did a MISERABLE job of making no adjustments during the SB ...and yes.....who can forget that Indy AFC game.....although the defense was much to blame for that one as well.......Honestly, I don't think we skip a beat whatsoever, especially if Brady comes back.....I also agree with many here.....don't think he is NEARLY ready to be a HC......best of luck to him anyways

McDaniels = gen X version of Norv Turner

Heres the point, he's not with us anymore and personally I dont think we will miss a beat and look forward to a change.

He is a product of inheriting good players (ok really really good in TBs case) in a successful system, he is doomed to due fail like the rest of his ilk (Manginia and Crennel and Weiss for that matter)

Amen.....Nail has been hit on the head. Book 'em Dano, case closed.

No slight to McDaniels and Mangini, but Belichick seems to be picking coordinators younger than any head coach has been in history, and I wonder how much of that is related to skill. Like in Josh's case, who left just a few years later to become the 5th youngest coach in history (or so). I think this upcoming season, Belichick will hire 20 year old coordinators, so that there's no way real talent is taken. ;p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back