PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

people...people....GET OVER IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've tried to start the "healing" process...I will not read today or tomorrow's paper because they will undoubtedly be plastered with stories about the game...I will likely not watch or listen to anything related to American sports for fear that the "game" yesterday will be brought up at some point...WEEI and 98.5 will not be turned on until sometime AFTER the Super Bowl...I will take only cursory glances at this message board...I will not talk about the game, although my father and father in law will want to talk about it, I will simply shrug off the subject...Lastly, and most importantly, I will dedicate my sporting attention to European football, specifically the upcoming Champions League knockouts and the Bundesliga season...GO BAYERN...

Being a Leeds United fan, I am used to pain but will remain a die hard fan. This one sucks becoz who we lost to, but this morning my young 12 year old son gave me the biggest hug and told me not to worry coz we will win next year and that took all the pain and fatigue from not sleeping well all away. Go Patriots.

Most of us are Red Sox fans, so we know what heartbreak is. You just can't get used to this feeling.

Get over it? Did a time machine just send us a month into the future? It's the DAY AFTER a very tough playoff loss.

You don't have to be a fan--lots of people aren't--but if you ARE a fan, you're not "over it" already. So go back out with your friends and watch Dancing with the Stars or whatever non-fans do.

I'm working on being over it. I felt ok last night. Slept fine but woke up this morning and couldn't stop thinking about it. Now I'm starting to accept it. Its part of watching sports. We've been through it enough by now. At the end of the day, if you so emotionally invested in something that is totally out of control then you need to really re-evaluate your priorities.

The bad thing about having the late game on Sunday, it's the freshest memory in everyone's head on Monday morning. It sucks living in Pennsylvania.

Everyone at the office is down and quiet... No Pats talk, heck no sports talk... Good day for work, productivity is up... Everyone couldn wait to get out of the house and get here...

Great post.

I hate the jets more now than before but they showed up and beat us at home. Good for them. After they lose next week to the steelers, they will just be another memory of this NFL season. Life moves on.

Sure I am upset over the loss, we were the better team playing at home as the number 1 seed. We should have won but we didn't.

Looking forward to the Draft and the future of this team. The next few weeks will be hard on Patriot fans with all the mediots and jets fans blasting us for blowing it but its just a game and we will be fine.

GO PATS!!

The Jets were clearly the better team in this game. For whatever reasons, the Pats were emotionally not ready to play, and the Jets were. The Jets were a step ahead of the Pats on almost every play of the game. That only comes from their emotional state. The Pats were tentative and unsure of themselves; the Jets were "hey, we got nothing to lose, we're the underdogs. Everything to win, nothing to lose." The Pats have already been down that road ten years ago and should have been ready to deal with it, but were not. Sad but true.

Well, I've tried to start the "healing" process...I will not read today or tomorrow's paper because they will undoubtedly be plastered with stories about the game...I will likely not watch or listen to anything related to American sports for fear that the "game" yesterday will be brought up at some point...WEEI and 98.5 will not be turned on until sometime AFTER the Super Bowl...I will take only cursory glances at this message board...I will not talk about the game, although my father and father in law will want to talk about it, I will simply shrug off the subject...Lastly, and most importantly, I will dedicate my sporting attention to European football, specifically the upcoming Champions League knockouts and the Bundesliga season...GO BAYERN...

Boooooooooooooooooo

Der Schottische Lowe.

Go 1860!

A team we're all VERY passionate about (so much that we regularly post on their message board) just lost to our most HATED rivals (not just rivals, but arrogant, immature, classless criminals) in a home game coming off a bye week and a 14-2 season, where we not only beat everyone, but also blew a lot them out.

Brady had a historical season, the team had a unprecedented success in turnover ratio and we did everything you could want to set up a SB run. Have the best record in the NFL, win your LAST 8 games, go into the post-season HOT and play the inferior #6 seed. We did "How to set up for a post-season SB run" by the ****ing books.

And we ****-ing lost. This wasn't a 10-6 Patriots team that didn't have much of a chance. As said this was probably the second best Patriots team ever based on regular season resume.

You know who is able to get over it? People who don't really care. I care, perhaps too much, but I care. This ****-ing sucks.

If your girlfriend breaks up with you for a honorable nice guy, fine. This is like your girlfriend breaking up with you and dating your most hated enemy.
you are correct. people who can get over this loss before getting up the next day don't care enough for it to bother them. i wanted the pats to win so badly i could taste it. i wanted f--king justice for how bb and the entire franchise was dragged thru the mud for the most over blown over hyped poorly reported story in the history of the media. you all know what im talking about. a sb win would have been a big f--k you to the bob ryans and espns of the world and proof positive that the pats accomplishments were earned. hell no im not over it nor should i be or anybody else whos a die hard pats fan. it stings like a son of a *****.

Yeah it doesn't really affect my daily life one way or the other whether they win or lose. But I just feel like I've invested so much this season following them and getting excited for the postseason. Finally we were going to make up for 2007.

I was going to be able to share our first championship together with my 21 month old son. Something it took 27 years for my Dad and I to do.

And then this.

Gimme a day or two, it sucks.

you are correct. people who can get over this loss before getting up the next day don't care enough for it to bother them. i wanted the pats to win so badly i could taste it. i wanted f--king justice for how bb and the entire franchise was dragged thru the mud for the most over blown over hyped poorly reported story in the history of the media. you all know what im talking about. a sb win would have been a big f--k you to the bob ryans and espns of the world and proof positive that the pats accomplishments were earned. hell no im not over it nor should i be or anybody else whos a die hard pats fan. it stings like a son of a *****.

Very well put, and highly accurate. Great post.

I am not going to be "over it" for a while. Sometimes life isn't fair, and that makes it even worse.

This... ugh. A loss hurts, a loss when you SHOULD win hurts more, a loss to the JETS? I think I'd rather spend an evening alone with Roethlisberger... this is PAINFUL.
This was EASILY the 2nd most painful sports experience for me as a fan in my life.
The last 5 years have been brutal.
Lose a huge lead to MANNING in the AFCCG, UGH.
Spygate, pile on the hate, I like it! Give me more, 3 rings baby, should've had a 4th last year, but this year we got Welker and oh ya, MOSS. Bring the heat!
18-0, lose a close Super Bowl to New York on a few magical once in a lifetime plays... F.M.L.
Next game? Immediately lose Brady for the year... FML!!!!
11-5, playoffs? NOPE.
Next year a bleh 10-6 but a division title! Buuuut, bye Welker... sigh...
A mouthy Ravens team then spanks us, one and done, double sigh...
Ok, expectations have severely been tempered since previous years, lots of rookies and injuries, hmm, Welker back, Branch(!?) back, Woodhead who?! Lawfirm wha? Moss gone?!? 14-2, #1 seed, beaten or blown out almost all teams in the playoffs already, #7 scoring team in history... expectations no longer tempered, expectations are cautiously to the f*cking moon!!!!
We draw the one playoff team who has beaten us, our most hated rivals the JETS... excellent, we can shut them up! 45-3!! 45-3!!
They talk trash all week, we laugh to ourselves!
They straight up kick us in the teeth. One and done to our most hated rivals.
Well FML x 100.
Maybe there are some long time Sox fans who can brush off the numb feeling in their soul as just "another year", but I unfortunately don't have that ability. The pain doesn't just go away either, it keeps adding up.
And low and behold, next year we have an easier schedule, players with more experience, a gazillion draft picks... yet no CBA... another roller coaster, weeeeeee.
The price of having the really high highs is that the lows are that much lower.

In summary, I don't WANT to get over it! I want to let this feeling fester, because it will make the next high feel that much better. It will also remind me (once again!) that nothing is given to you, if you want it, you must take it!

C'mon. This year was a rebuilding year. Our defense was awful on paper, we had more injuries than WWI, and we made a good show. The offensive play calling kept passing it when the Jets goaded us to run it down their throats, we didn't, and we lost. Dumb not to take advantage, but with a team that made strides so what. We have 6, count them 6, draft picks and we'll be back. Frankly, BB sold the farm a few years ago knowing some vets weren't going to get them to the top of the heap again (Seymour, Vrabel, etc) and this year and next we're reaping the benefits. The Jets will lose much of their team next year to FA and will become the lovable Jest yet again, though I frankly like having a rivalry anyway. Before this, the Jest were like a lost child. Now they actually know what they're doing. And at least that is more involving than playing the Bills and Dolphins, who are jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back