PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

people...people....GET OVER IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan24

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The jets won, the Patriots lost.....I moved on. I was out with a friend a few hours after the game and had a good time. Life goes on...go out with friends, watch a movie, listen to some new music...just don't dwell on the loss.

there is always next year!

maybe the jets can get to the super bowl and loose it......that could be awesome :bricks:

If I didn't have to work tonight, I would have done the same thing. Good on you.

when someone you love breaks your heart, you just don't get over it even if it is the right thing to do. I'm upset people expect some of us to get over it. I love this team too much to just get over it or to look at it as a rebuilding year. Tomorrow is not promised. Call me pessimist but i don't think Bodden and Warren would be a tremendous upgrade over Warren and Arrington.

A team we're all VERY passionate about (so much that we regularly post on their message board) just lost to our most HATED rivals (not just rivals, but arrogant, immature, classless criminals) in a home game coming off a bye week and a 14-2 season, where we not only beat everyone, but also blew a lot them out.

Brady had a historical season, the team had a unprecedented success in turnover ratio and we did everything you could want to set up a SB run. Have the best record in the NFL, win your LAST 8 games, go into the post-season HOT and play the inferior #6 seed. We did "How to set up for a post-season SB run" by the ****ing books.

And we ****-ing lost. This wasn't a 10-6 Patriots team that didn't have much of a chance. As said this was probably the second best Patriots team ever based on regular season resume.

You know who is able to get over it? People who don't really care. I care, perhaps too much, but I care. This ****-ing sucks.

If your girlfriend breaks up with you for a honorable nice guy, fine. This is like your girlfriend breaking up with you and dating your most hated enemy.

Last edited:
A team we're all VERY passionate about (so much that we regularly post on their message board) just lost to our most HATED rivals (not just rivals, but arrogant, immature, classless criminals) in a home game coming off a bye week and a 14-2 season, where we not only beat everyone, but also blew a lot them out.

Brady had a historical season, the team had a unprecedented success in turnover ratio and we did everything you could want to set up a SB run. Have the best record in the NFL, win your LAST 8 games, go into the post-season HOT and play the inferior #6 seed. We did "How to set up for a post-season SB run" by the ****ing books.

And we ****-ing lost. This wasn't a 10-6 Patriots team that didn't have much of a chance. As said this was probably the second best Patriots team ever based on regular season resume.

You know who is able to get over it? People who don't really care. I care, perhaps too much, but I care. This ****-ing sucks.

If your girlfriend breaks up with you for a honorable nice guy, fine. This is like your girlfriend breaking up with you and dating your most hated enemy.

try living in nj........it`s hell

it sucks being emotionally invested in something when the end result is not what we had hoped... **** THE JETS

I'm never a fan of losing, or the patriots losing. I love this team, but as I grow older, and now have a family and what not, the loses seem to hurt less and less. I take is more as entertainment watching the team play but I'm not going to sit on my kitchen floor with my hand on my head saying, WHY WHY! (not that I did that after the 07 season or anything)

I actually think I am becoming a fan of the off season more and more, I enjoy the trades, the draft, the rumors, I even enjoy the ones that get everyone all fired up on this board.

Am I upset they lost? Sure, do I HATE the jets..you bet..but I still woke up this morning, kissed my wife and came to work.

oh and one more thing...GO PATRIOTS!

Underwhelmed. The way the team has played this season, fans are allowed to be dissapointed that we went flat on our face at the first hurdle. Especially when everyone had confidence in us going deeper into the post season, regardless of who we had to play last night.

The look on Brady's face on the sidelines said it all when it hit him the Pats had blew the game, eyes wider than a tunnel. "Hang on we're going out here........sh!t...." Played your heart out all season, had the ability to go further, the 'what if's' will sting till somebody's name is on the Lombardi in Feb.

Even more annoying when the sports channels here have it down as a major upset and run highlights every 15 mins.

I'm never a fan of losing, or the patriots losing. I love this team, but as I grow older, and now have a family and what not, the loses seem to hurt less and less. I take is more as entertainment watching the team play but I'm not going to sit on my kitchen floor with my hand on my head saying, WHY WHY! (not that I did that after the 07 season or anything)

I actually think I am becoming a fan of the off season more and more, I enjoy the trades, the draft, the rumors, I even enjoy the ones that get everyone all fired up on this board.

Am I upset they lost? Sure, do I HATE the jets..you bet..but I still woke up this morning, kissed my wife and came to work.

oh and one more thing...GO PATRIOTS!

Great post.

I hate the jets more now than before but they showed up and beat us at home. Good for them. After they lose next week to the steelers, they will just be another memory of this NFL season. Life moves on.

Sure I am upset over the loss, we were the better team playing at home as the number 1 seed. We should have won but we didn't.

Looking forward to the Draft and the future of this team. The next few weeks will be hard on Patriot fans with all the mediots and jets fans blasting us for blowing it but its just a game and we will be fine.

GO PATS!!

The Seahawks won more playoff games than us this season.

It sucks.

The jets won, the Patriots lost.....I moved on. I was out with a friend a few hours after the game and had a good time. Life goes on...go out with friends, watch a movie, listen to some new music...just don't dwell on the loss.

if you moved on how come you're on a messageboard?:D

Honestly, I thought this was one of the most overachieving Patriots teams. They received tremendous coaching and an all-time great quarterbacking season from TFB that masked the fact that they had a lot of young draft picks and undrafted rookies/FA's thrust into prominent roles due to injuries. Let's face it, the talent level is still in the process of being replenished to what it once was during the glory years.

Also, this team is full of young and inexperienced players who are going through the growing pains of learning what it takes to win in the playoffs (remember the days when Law, Bruschi, Willie, Milloy, Troy Brown, etc. struggled to achieve playoff success early in their careers?).

The Jets won partly because they are full of veteran players who are battle-tested and built to win now in the postseason.

Last edited:
Don't worry, no one's going to be jumping off the Tobin Bridge because of it, but this one does sting and I'll get over it when I'm ready to get over it. In fact the healing process will go much easier if the Jets lose to Pitt next weekend and then Pitt loses to GB or even Chicago in the SB. It's amazing how all my wounds were healed when Manning threw that pick 6 last year in the SB.

Don't worry, no one's going to be jumping off the Tobin Bridge because of it, but this one does sting and I'll get over it when I'm ready to get over it. In fact the healing process will go much easier if the Jets lose to Pitt next weekend and then Pitt loses to GB or even Chicago in the SB. It's amazing how all my wounds were healed when Manning threw that pick 6 last year in the SB.

I really believe the stars are aligning for just this to happen.

Underwhelmed. The way the team has played this season, fans are allowed to be dissapointed that we went flat on our face at the first hurdle. Especially when everyone had confidence in us going deeper into the post season, regardless of who we had to play last night.

The look on Brady's face on the sidelines said it all when it hit him the Pats had blew the game, eyes wider than a tunnel. "Hang on we're going out here........sh!t...." Played your heart out all season, had the ability to go further, the 'what if's' will sting till somebody's name is on the Lombardi in Feb.

Even more annoying when the sports channels here have it down as a major upset and run highlights every 15 mins.

Could be worse, could be a Liverpool fan.

What you posted Scouse is pretty much right on the money. :(

I

I just woke up and felt like I murdered someone last night. Why do I feel so terrible? Oh yeah, the Patriots lost to the Jets. It's hard to get over a loss like that. It hurts even more because at the start of the game last night, it seemed right off the bat that we would have a great game. Then our ship just sunk and it sunk fast.

The draft is something that I usually get really obsessed and excited with. At this point, I could care less about the draft and free agency... Our team went 14-2. Who cares about adding players? The team we had was more than set to win a super bowl, but it just wasn't meant to be.

Last edited:
Being a Leeds United fan, I am used to pain but will remain a die hard fan. This one sucks becoz who we lost to, but this morning my young 12 year old son gave me the biggest hug and told me not to worry coz we will win next year and that took all the pain and fatigue from not sleeping well all away. Go Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes