PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats will play Bucs in London in 2009 [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still opposed to this game but have been encouraged by the fans posting here from overseas. Very cool to know that our team has international support. But please understand this move is not about what's good for the US fans or even the team. It's good for the brand and the owners. It's all about feeding your family in the good ole USA. The heck with everything and everybody else.

I would consider a road trip of epic proportions but London is a LONG way from Denver and the cost of living there is mind numbing even by Taxachusetts standards. I would love to know what it will cost to park at Wembley. What will the tourist pay for a scalped ticket?

The average joe like myself is simply not getting a ticket at face value just like at the super bowl. And do you really think that Kraft will sell or offer these 3,000 or so tickets to the average season ticket holders?? The corporate box holders will get offered tickets. And the stinking travel agency that has gotten all the SB tickets from the team the past 4 SB's will get them and offer them to you as part of THEIR "package". But the average joe in the 300 level will be screwed once again!

How are the bathroom lines at Wembley?

Last edited:
I would consider a road trip of epic proportions but London is a LONG way from Denver and the cost of living there is mind numbing even by Taxachusetts standards. I would love to know what it will cost to park at Wembley. What will the tourist pay for a scalped ticket?

Worse than you can imagine. Stuff in London is SO expensive that they weigh the money and charge you by the POUND, no kidding. I heard that good lower sideline tix were resold for 300 LBS.

Worse than you can imagine. Stuff in London is SO expensive that they weigh the money and charge you by the POUND, no kidding. I heard that good lower sideline tix were resold for 300 LBS.

So could I give them two Great Danes for a ticket? They must weigh 150 lbs each. ;)

Re: NFL International Series 2009

considering we have never won in tampa , it maybe a break .also depends where we play the week before and how long is it to london from wherever that is.
We've never won in London either. :D

Do they do at these games like they used to do in the preseason games played overseas and have a couple players from the host country on each squad? I doubt they would since it's a regular season game but just thought I'd ask.

I am still opposed to this game but have been encouraged by the fans posting here from overseas. Very cool to know that our team has international support. But please understand this move is not about what's good for the US fans or even the team. It's good for the brand and the owners. It's all about feeding your family in the good ole USA. The heck with everything and everybody else.

The average joe like myself is simply not getting a ticket at face value just like at the super bowl. And do you really think that Kraft will sell or offer these 3,000 or so tickets to the average season ticket holders?? The corporate box holders will get offered tickets. And the stinking travel agency that has gotten all the SB tickets from the team the past 4 SB's will get them and offer them to you as part of THEIR "package". But the average joe in the 300 level will be screwed once again!

How are the bathroom lines at Wembley?

OK. We totally get that this is about money for the NFL and are under no illusions about it. I, like Scouse Patriot, would be pissed off about overseas games if I were American, but I am taking advantage of living in London. There have to be *some* benefits after all.

Do they do at these games like they used to do in the preseason games played overseas and have a couple players from the host country on each squad? I doubt they would since it's a regular season game but just thought I'd ask.

No, they use the normal rosters.

Re: NFL International Series 2009

I cannot wait!!! I finally get to see my beloved Patriots!!!

And I hope we f@@k them over! I am also a Liverpool fan, so I hate the Glazers as they own ****chester United!

I hope there is no smile on their faces!!!

(I also hate Hicks and Gillett ;))

I hate the Glazers as well but I support United (they were my local team, me being born and raised in Manchester till I was 12 and then Bolton after that). They have brought increased ticket prices, even more of the Out of Town glory boys to the game (they used to support Liverpool in the 80s and are gradually switching to Chelsea) and have saddled us with debt. Hate them.

BAFL ... as in, "baffled"? :confused: Sorry, I couldn't resist that one. :D

I sincerely want all my fellow fans in the U.K. and Europe to know that your support and enthusiasm for the Patriots is very much appreciated and you have my respect. I know I've raised a few hackles in this thread with my comments, but as a season ticket holder I'm sensitive to the prospect of someday losing a home game to this overseas "event." If any of you land tickets and would like the company of a diehard Yank, send me a PM and we'll work out the details. I doubt that tickets will be available on this side of the pond.

Don't worry about the comments. I understand the frustration and feelings from US fans. The NFL has to think about increasing the regular season if it is to play more games abroad.

I don't know if I'll get tickets but I will bear you in mind. I have a mental list of people to whom I would give tickets if I got them- generally, people I respect or whom I owe!

I don't know if I'll get tickets ... I have a mental list of people to whom I would give tickets if I got them- generally, people I respect or whom I owe!

Personally I think that gomezcat is one of our very best posters here at Patsfans. AND, I like cats!

Last edited:
The great news is that we don't lose a home game and have the bye the week after.

Also, the trip to London, going east, can be shorter than the trip to San Francisco, depending on the wind. It's the extra two hours of time change that are murder (five hours).

If they go over the Monday before, they would be pretty much adjusted to local time by Saturday (one hour = one day to adjust, for most of us). The worst thing would be to go over Wednesday so they would still be disoriented on Sunday. (If they can't go over on Monday, they should wait til Friday and then not get off of US time and treat it like a 3PM game. I've done something similar many times, flying to distant places for just two or three nights and keeping my body on US time.)

As someone who has crossed too many time zones too many times for too many years, the best advice I can give them is to drink a lot of water (most of that queasy feeling you have when you get off a plane many time zones away is dehydration), avoid caffeine after 1200 noon local time, get out in the sunlight as much as possible (nature's best way to reset your body clock) and sleep when you are tired until you are adjusted. Oh, and beat the bucs.

If they made a giant robot for Taylor they ought to make a friggin shrine for Brady.

Personally I think that gomezcat is one of our very best posters here at Patsfans. AND, I like cats!

Mate, you get a lot of tickets for games in the States, so you're DEFINITELY on my list!!! :D

The great news is that we don't lose a home game and have the bye the week after.

Also, the trip to London, going east, can be shorter than the trip to San Francisco, depending on the wind. It's the extra two hours of time change that are murder (five hours).

If they go over the Monday before, they would be pretty much adjusted to local time by Saturday (one hour = one day to adjust, for most of us). The worst thing would be to go over Wednesday so they would still be disoriented on Sunday. (If they can't go over on Monday, they should wait til Friday and then not get off of US time and treat it like a 3PM game. I've done something similar many times, flying to distant places for just two or three nights and keeping my body on US time.)

As someone who has crossed too many time zones too many times for too many years, the best advice I can give them is to drink a lot of water (most of that queasy feeling you have when you get off a plane many time zones away is dehydration), avoid caffeine after 1200 noon local time, get out in the sunlight as much as possible (nature's best way to reset your body clock) and sleep when you are tired until you are adjusted. Oh, and beat the bucs.

The slight crumb of comfort is that, for no particularly good reason, our Summer Time ends a week earlier than yours. The NFL has staged all of the London games so far for that week, which makes it a four hour time difference.

Thanks for the tips on jetlag. I have yet to spend more than a couple of hours on a plane. However, at some point, I plan on going to the States so I will bear your comments in mind.

Mate, you get a lot of tickets for games in the States, so you're DEFINITELY on my list!!! :D

Just assure me that this whole thing isn't some vicious Royalist trap to lure naieve, unsuspecting Colonial rubes over to Merry Ol' England and then hang them for treason against the Crown. :confused:

Not sure if I should ask this here or start a new thread, so I'll put it here and the mods can move it if they want.

To all our English, Scottish and Irish brothers and sisters, I'm just curious - why are the Patriots so beloved on your side of the pond? Is it because "England" is in the name? ;) Because they're geographically the closest NFL team to England? Because of all the Super Bowl wins lately? Or something else entirely?

Not sure if I should ask this here or start a new thread, so I'll put it here and the mods can move it if they want.

To all our English, Scottish and Irish brothers and sisters, I'm just curious - why are the Patriots so beloved on your side of the pond? Is it because "England" is in the name? ;) Because they're geographically the closest NFL team to England? Because of all the Super Bowl wins lately? Or something else entirely?
The Superbowls are big reason of the support, like the number of Cowboys fan over here!! LOADS of them, because they were big when football was huge over here!!!!

For me it was either Patriots or Lions!!!!! I made the right choice! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents