PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats will not pick up Revis option this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revis was never going to sign before Free agency started he now has leverage to get more guaranteed money then any 30 year old in NFL history from the pats, and if they start cuting and trading guys on Value contracts just to pay him more money then Brady they are crazy

Id say he's #3 as irreplaceable. Gronk at #2

Definitely debatable, I was thinking of Gronk as well, but went with Revis as number two because of the importance of the passing game and his ability to just take someone out of the game.

I'm more confused now.
I jumped in when you said 10 mill of cap space was enough to sign Revis, but you are saying he can't get market value?
16/16/16 is better than 10/19/19
Picking up the 20 is better than 10/19/19 if he wants 40 of it guaranteed.

What are you willing to pay?

You first!
===========
Seriously, I've said 5/$70M for quite some time. I'd be surprised if surprised if Belichick's offer was more than that. Obviously, Belichick can move up a bit at the last minute, as he did for McCourty.

For me, a 3-year deal has always been a non-starter.

Definitely debatable, I was thinking of Gronk as well, but went with Revis as number two because of the importance of the passing game and his ability to just take someone out of the game.

I was thinking of Revis as #2, but because of the importance of the passing game and his ability to change the nature of the offense, I chose Gronk.

No. If it comes down to Cromartie, spend the money on a different position and stick with what we have. He is awful.

Signing Cromartie would be getting Browner at higher cost and zero ability to hit......tackle.......or make contact.

Pass

I was thinking of Revis as #2, but because of the importance of the passing game and his ability to change the nature of the offense, I chose Gronk.

ok lol

Doesn't that still require them to cut 4.5 million off the cap this year?
Yes. Thats what I am saying. Cramming down the first year doesn't look like a good move to me. Not given the parameters it seems Revis would agree to.
Of course I'd love to give him 16 mill a year on a 5/80 that has 4th and 5th year salaries of 20 and 25 mill, but that really is only 3/35

Besides his rookie year every season that Gronk has played in all the games the Pats have made the Superbowl I know it's a small sample size, but it is clear how valuable Gronk is to the team.

Signing Cromartie would be getting Browner at higher cost and zero ability to hit......tackle.......or make contact.

Pass
Actually the Anti-Browner, which is the opposite of a complement

You first!
===========
Seriously, I've said 5/$70M for quite some time. I'd be surprised if surprised if Belichick's offer was more than that. Obviously, Belichick can move up a bit at the last minute, as he did for McCourty.

For me, a 3-year deal has always been a non-starter.
I'd prefer a 3 year deal. Why would you pay the 34 year old Revis like the 29 year old Revis.
At the price he demands, he won't be here more than 3 years, because the decline he experiences will make him good but nowhere near worth the money.
If you are using 5/70 as a way to sneak 3/35 past Revis, good luck on that.

It's Revis, so losing him over the difference between 14 mill and 16 mill is dumb.

Besides his rookie year every season that Gronk has played in all the games the Pats have made the Superbowl I know it's a small sample size, but it is clear how valuable Gronk is to the team.
Besides one, every play Lincoln attended was awesome.

Clayton is reporting he's looking for 16 a year. That's a pretty penny. Hard to push north of 14. You'd that few extra mill wouldn't be worth it.

If he's really looking for 16 a year what was all that bs about not having to be the highest paid corner in the NFL?

If he's really looking for 16 a year what was all that bs about not having to be the highest paid corner in the NFL?
a bunch of crap

It's Revis, so losing him over the difference between 14 mill and 16 mill is dumb.

Many people have call Belichick dumb before. At this point only Belichick knows how much he is willing to pay, and perhaps he doesn't even know yet.

I blame Maxwell

Pay the man his $16 million per. There are no other shutdown corners available on the market and the defense revolves around him. I can remember how effective our defense including McCourty was against Denver and Baltimore when the lesser CB Talib left the game. If they have to economize do it elsewhere. How many $4 million special team players do they really need.

Ya gronk HAS to be #2 IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back