PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats will not pick up Revis option this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will find out tomorrow or tonight..if he cares about winning...or only about $$...if he leaves and goes to NY..he is only about the $$ and honestly it will reflect badly on him for a lot of fans....but he's smart..

Cromartie is available....:cool:

Seriously? Seeking $16m/year reportedly? Come on...

Maybe it's not as bad as it seems with the salary cap increasing notably each year. But still.

Cromartie is available....:cool:

I know that we all hate Cromartie, but he's actually looking like the best option left in free agency--or definitely at least one of the best options, depending on opinion. Not much out there to me at CB.

According to Miguel's latest numbers, the pats are $10,066,603 UNDER the cap, with a McCourty estimate included. This is enough to sign Revis with no further transactions.
Not necessarily.
There are reports he wants at less 3/$48 mill.
If you fit him under 10 mill in first year hit that means you accept an average of 19mill for the next 2 after refusing to pick up an option for 20 mill, which many thought was silly.
I hope they don't create 19 mill cap hits in 16 and 17 to squeeze into 10 in 15, because we will be right back here next year.

So, those of us who thought NE would never pick up the option can take this as a non-story, right?
I don't know why people are smashing the panic button. Perhaps they chose not to acknowledge that Jonathan's statement on the matter or that neither side saw it as realistic? It was always going to come down to a fresh contract. Now it's somehow big news to Pats fans.

They should work in some big playoff incentives that could be worth up to an extra $1-2 million per post season depending on how we do (reach AFC Championship, reach SuperBowl, win SuperBowl)

Mccourty was just on nfl live, and he said he believes revis will be back
He also said that was not true that he called the patriots to say good bye. He said BB called him and asked him what do we need to get this done

I know that we all hate Cromartie, but he's actually looking like the best option left in free agency--or definitely at least one of the best options, depending on opinion. Not much out there to me at CB.
No. If it comes down to Cromartie, spend the money on a different position and stick with what we have. He is awful.

How is this news? Lazy reporting by Schefter again?

Picking up the $20 million option wasn't expected anyway. This doesn't mean they can't work out a contract
It isn't news until it happens.

Until that point it's speculation, and its still schefters responsibility to report the actual news when it happens.

Stupid post. Schefter has been a great source of info, and fair in most of his reporting on the pats. He doesn't need uninformed people like you judging him.

No. If it comes down to Cromartie, spend the money on a different position and stick with what we have. He is awful.

Personally, I think we would stick with what is here + add a higher round draft pick, but that's just me. This may change a bit should Browner leave too.

Others seem to wish to address it via free agency, and I just don't see much out there--aside from a guy we all hate. I think he'd be serviceable at worst, but we may have a bit of a difference in opinion with that. He wasn't too bad last year with ARZ, was he? Either way, it speaks volumes to the market being rather poor this year.

According to Miguel's latest numbers, the pats are $10,066,603 UNDER the cap, with a McCourty estimate included. This is enough to sign Revis with no further transactions.

I went to the page but didn't see that - someone else said a little while ago we were $5 mlion under without Revis.

If it's 10, then yeah.

Not necessarily.
There are reports he wants at less 3/$48 mill.
If you fit him under 10 mill in first year hit that means you accept an average of 19mill for the next 2 after refusing to pick up an option for 20 mill, which many thought was silly.
I hope they don't create 19 mill cap hits in 16 and 17 to squeeze into 10 in 15, because we will be right back here next year.

What you are saying is that you don't want to sign Revis for 3/$48M that he may be asking for. I tend to agree with you.

What I said was that it was possible to sign Revis at almost any AAV, with a 5-year deal. Even on the requested 3 year deal, $10M, $19M, $19M is possible, as you pointed out.

Personally, I think we would stick with what is here + add a higher round draft pick, but that's just me. This may change a bit should Browner leave too.

Others seem to wish to address it via free agency, and I just don't see much out there--aside from a guy we all hate. I think he'd be serviceable at worst, but we may have a bit of a difference in opinion with that. He wasn't too bad last year with ARZ, was he? Either way, it speaks volumes to the market being rather poor this year.
Browner, Dennard, Ryan, Butler, Arrington is not the same as having Revis, but it is not a bad corner group, and I don't think anyone like Cromartie makes it any better.

If Revis really wants 3/$48M, it is strange to me that Belichick hasn't moved on and started announcing other signings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back