PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Trade for Haynesworth (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is amazing, I am so happy. We finally got our pass rusher and O' by the way, he is also a great run stopper. This is 06-07 all over again. We had the worst recieving corp in the NFL and we traded for Randy Moss, a mal-content from Oakland. Then we had the best WR's in the league. This year we had an issue with our front seven. We traded for a mal-content from Washington, Now we have the best front seven in the NFL. Thats right I said it. When you pair Haynsworth with Big Vince, that is a true force.

I had to check my calendar to make sure it's not April 1st. Did anyone see this coming? Talk about a player with an attitude problem. I just see him as lazy and not a team first player. I guess it does fit BB's pattern of signing highly drafted players that haven't produced or haven't produced lately. Fingers are crossed.

This makes me wonder if maybe Moss could come back.....jk but kinda not.

Keyshawn Johnson who is FOB ( friend of bill) .. says randy should resign with the pats as long as the money is there.... he would take the top of defense against the jets, and open the holes in the middle for the tight ends and slots... that is if the jets sign ashoumua... if they dont, they still need another wr....

!!!!!!!!!!

HOly crap

I hope the big guy proves me wrong.....

Last edited:
it's another moss type

if you put him on a bad team he's going to lose focus

i bet albert thinks it's christmas today

You may very well be correct, and if you are, then this will be better than a great move!

I thought he doesn't like playing 3-4

I don't like his attitude. I don't like how he got the big contract and then mailed it in.

Can BB and Co. light a fire under him? We shall see. It's far from a sure thing, but if they can, the defense just got alot better.

As for the $$ part, I'm pretty sure alot of it is already sunk in cost that the Skins had to pay. I'm sure we'll hear more about that.

The one part that has me scratching my head is that for a year all I've heard from Haynesworth is how he HATES the 3-4, and will not play in it, and a 3-4 team trades for him. I don't know what to think yet. Give me a day.

I'm pretty shocked by this given AH's bad-guy rep and how uncoachable he seemed with Shanny, but If anyone can whip him into shape and keep him in line, it's BB. Adalius is proof positive that if you don't row, you get thrown out of the boat. I'm sure Albert is aware of that.

Still waking up, still processing, but, holy cow. My first three thoughts:
- Hope he passes the conditioning test
- Lots of DL on roster now
- Wouldn't want to get behind Vince, Albert and Kyle Love in the buffet line.

I am a bit confused by the fan reaction. Don't the same reasons that apply for not bringing Moss also apply to Haynesworth? I am piqued by the move but not super excited, it is a gamble that could pay off big time though and the pass rush has been addressed (in a gambling sort of way).

Now I just need the wide receiver and I will be content.

If he shows up on Sundays then this d-line will be insane.

Haynesworth smash puny qbs.

so here's the question: Can he rush the passer?

Ask TB - I think he's taken a couple of good licks from Haynesworth (1 in preseason IIRC).

Still waking up, still processing, but, holy cow. My first three thoughts:
- Hope he passes the conditioning test
- Lots of DL on roster now
- Wouldn't want to get behind Vince, Albert and Kyle Love in the buffet line.

I am sure Ron Brace is one spot ahead of that trio.

With Kettani being activated, the offensive transition is complete. The Pats were a ball control offense last year using precise routes and precision passing. This year they have added a dominant, smash mouth, run the ball down your throat O-Line and RB corps. Who needs a deep threat when you mix the two?

but what about Matt Roth?:cool:

:bricks::rofl:

it would be nice if Carter surfaced:)
bring on them healthy PATS

anyways, Vince has company at the buffet table:)

Last edited:
i really like this trade. it is low risk/high reward.

quite a few patriots fans gripe about the lack of pass rush, and it is true that the defense needs to do a better job of generating more consistent pressure.

however, i have seen that the most successful teams (aside from solid qb play), are built from the trenches outward.

drafting solder and cannon in april, getting to work a long-term deal with mankins, and now acquiring haynesworth for a 2013 5th reinforces this notion, imo.

I am a bit confused by the fan reaction. Don't the same reasons that apply for not bringing Moss also apply to Haynesworth? I am piqued by the move but not super excited, it is a gamble that could pay off big time though and the pass rush has been addressed (in a gambling sort of way).

Now I just need the wide receiver and I will be content.

I have mixed reactions to this trade, but Moss and Haynesworth are different. I think Moss is done. Haynesworth is only 30. He can has the potential to be an elite d-lineman if motivated. Moss is 34 and his best days are clearly behind him.

Wooooooooo
rt @michaelombardi: This year i expect haynesworth to have his best year. Nickel rusher inside. Pepper johnson will get him to play.

Much like the Moss trade, never would have thought it or done it. But Lombardi was dead on on that one...for a year anyway. Good news is Albert is signed comfortably for a while so they don't have to do a damn thing but test the theory for a year or two (or several weeks of camp and PS). The other good news is his rep took such a hit among players while in DC that he doesn't pose a threat in the locker room. He's not a venerated talent, he's a talented guy who has played like a sack of **** to the point even his teamates and peers were offended. He either gets with the program or he's gone before we even get to know him...

Not exactly a homage to Myra though. Especially not with a sexual assault trail on the docket.

Great move!!! If Albert acts up, the team only loses a fifth. He was a total bum in Washington, but NE seems to be able make "headcases" pretty productive.

redskins are where you go to win the lottery, NE is where you go to eat humble pie and win games

ugh , i'm gonna throw up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe