PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats Trade for Haynesworth (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you're...hilarious. Or something. :confused: "No, not a chance Haynesworth can return to pre-Redskins form and be absolutely dominant because of this one youtube clip" ("or the fact that he's a grade-A D-bag") lol.

You think Belichick is going to tolerate plays like that for one second? You're insulting BB, Pepper Johnson, Floyd Reese, and this entire organization if you're implying that the trade was a mistake or that they don't know what they're getting into.

I'm saying it's a possibility he's an utter bust. It's not a sure thing that he's the missing piece and reverts to tenn. days.... YOu're saying it is? Monty Beisel, that DE from the raiders, and countless other projects/stiffs they signed on who didn't work out disagree.

I wish to CHRIST you'd change you Sig, Bro.

There's something vaguely blasphemous about an enormous picture with Myra's wide eyes blaring at me, every time you post.

I didnt want to be the one to say it.... but GREAT POSTING.

That sig is just down right creepy. Sorry.

Is there an over/under for how many tries Haynesworth will need to pass the conditioning test?

I thought I remember reading that to pass the conditioning test he needed to run the first drill in 70 seconds and, if the did so, he would have to run the second in 73 seconds. He ran the first in just over 70 seconds (70.5 or something) and thus wasn't permitted to try the second.

There was a ton of speculation that he had tanked it. I think it's prety obvious that he was deliberately not trying in Washington. I think that says a ton about the guy if he would deliberately sand bag things. But it's also a positive with respect to his abilities -- there's a difference between can't and won't. I hate "won't," but if he doesn't have that attitude here, then great. I agree with those who say this is a 50/50. Possible huge upside, possible downsides. I think he has to know he's been on strike two for a while and has fouled a bunch of pitches off. He doesn't have many more chances to make a hit.

Last edited:
I wish to CHRIST you'd change you Sig, Bro.

There's something vaguely blasphemous about an enormous picture with Myra's wide eyes blaring at me, every time you post.

I didnt want to be the one to say it.... but GREAT POSTING.

That sig is just down right creepy. Sorry.

Thanks for taking a part of the action, gents. :cool:

"Creepy" is exactly the word I was looking for.

NO disrespect to Lady Myra or Mister Kraft.

Indeed, it is precisely BECAUSE of respect for them that we point this out, yes?

We all know who she is.

Let's not go "Vegas" with this...yes?

Let the lady have the Dignity she so richly deserves.

I like the deal if Haynesworth is willing to play, but the team will still need to see major improvement at OLB. Teams could take this team wide all day last year. Cunningham needs to continue developing, and I'd love an upgrade at the other OLB spot. Barring that, Ninkovich is going to have to step it up, big time.

I don't disagree with this. Going into the offseason, I had (in no particular order) WR, RB, DE, OLB, and OL as the priorities. Three of those priorities have been filled (granted, one slot is filled with rookies. But I digress...) while two have been somewhat addressed. I'm looking for the next move, if there is one, to be for an OLB.

And I miss you guys. My new job is wearing on me...

that would be a contradiction to how he's played in washington. from your lips to god's ears, I guess. I'm just hoping he's not an all out turd. I'm not sure he's athletic enough to play 3-4 DE. Too turd like in his slowness. I hope I'm wrong. I see him as a 4-3 DT, that's pretty much it.

Which was a contradiction from the way he played in Tennessee. Most peole don't understand the fact that Shanahan was half to blame for Haynesworth's troubles in Washington. He publicly engaged Haynesworth in a battle of egos and only made things worse. Belichick won't do the same.

I think having an angry beast with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove on our DL can only be a good thing. Especially given his potential based on what he did pre-Redskins. I'm excited.

If he is here to play and play hard the different looks and schemes this will open up is going to make the LBs that much better by default. If you have to double team both VW and AH the LBs are going to have free shots at the ball carrier. I think people also underestimate the loss of Ty Warren last year so if they run that way good luck to them. Specifically this negates the advantage teams like the Jets and Ravens usually have with their great O-Lines.

Then you look at passing teams like the Colts and think of them going to a 3-4 or 2-4-5 with VW and AH moved inside to DT and allowing them to collapse the pocket. Who's the center going to help? Are you sliding a tackle down to help on the other or using a back to help? And to top it off you still can't run against them. In the numbers game you've already won.

Personally I'm in the camp that says you'll get one monster season out of him and then likely it will be a diminishing return.

Has Haynesworth showned up in camp?I am curious if he has spoken to the media yet?

When is he going to practice? BB as asked today about his conditioning test and he would not answer..only saying he's not ready to play..so did he fail it?

When is he going to practice? BB as asked today about his conditioning test and he would not answer..only saying he's not ready to play..so did he fail it?

I would have been absolutely astonished if he had passed.

Ron Borges per twitter says haynesworth is 0-1 for the conditioning test.

Last edited:
Like the above poster I kind of figured this was gonna happen. It took him like 20 tries to pass the Redskins conditioning test and he was suspended for the last 4 games of 2010. Doesn't take me as a guy who was going to work hard in the offseason or in training camp.Especially for the Redskins. Hopefully a fresh start will help him change that persona? I wonder if Ted Washington may have run into this same scenario. No doubt Haynesworth is going to need time to work himself back into shape. I guess the big question is how long will it take? As well as how patient is Belichick going to be regarding this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST