PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats take DE/OLB Justin Rogers with Pick 180

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually is a sleeper pick of mine at DE/OLB -- just like Banta-Cain was way back when. Better than just a day two prospect.

whatever kind of linebacker they want to turn him into, it's a project... I'm not sure they even know whether they want him as ILB or OLB.

On another subject... how stoked do you get now if the Pats pick you? I mean, I am sure on day 1 Brandon M. was stoked... but then to find out they just landed Moss in addition to all the other weapons?

These guys must be thinking "do not screw up... you can get a ring..."

On another subject... how stoked do you get now if the Pats pick you? I mean, I am sure on day 1 Brandon M. was stoked... but then to find out they just landed Moss in addition to all the other weapons?
Not to mention guys like Seau may REALLY want to return now.

On Rogers, DaBruinz posted his times on the 6th round thread and they were very good, mostly a little better than Anthony Spencer's. I know nothing about Rogers but he seems to have the speed and quickness to play OLB.

Re: Pats Take De Justin Rogers With Pick 180

We started in the 6th last year. We ended up with two on the playoff roster.

Yes, our 9th and 10th LBs on the roster were from last years draft or UDFA. What is your point?

I am in the minority but I don't see Pierre "Lawrence Taylor" Woods or Corey "Larry Izzo" Mays as being capable starters. Our top 4 LBs are over 30, someday (soon) they will have to be replaced or fortified.

High class problem to have, this team is stacked.

I've been seeing him listed at ILB, so we'll see if he plays OLB or ILB. After looking at him a little more it seems to be a good pick.

I've been seeing him listed at ILB, so we'll see if he plays OLB or ILB. After looking at him a little more it seems to be a good pick.

He'd probably be an OLB in many 3-4 systems, but probably better suited for ILB in ours.

I like the pick...kid works hard is smart..could be an ILB/OLB in time...

Re: Pats Take De Justin Rogers With Pick 180

Scouts put him as an ILB. Probably projects to NFL there even if he played D-line in college. He is 260, but ran terribly at some pro day or something, 4.9+ times. Not good.

He is probably faster than that, and he might have back-up inside linebacker potencial.

EDIT: And this kid is supposed to be better than Brandon Siler? A mutli year team leader down here on the National Champion Gators? Siler is a wonderful tackler, plays hard and with passion. I don't get it...

You have Rogers information incorrect.
Here is his Pro-Day information from NFLDraftscout.com

From NFLDraftScout.com:

Justin Rogers - DE/OLB/LS

Pro-Day - 6'3 1/8" 252 lbs
40: 4.74
20: 2.69
10: 1.58

Reps: 19
Broad: 9'9"
Vertical: 34 in
Shuttle: 4.28
3 Cone: 7.32

Siler is an arrogant player who doesn't listen to coaches. At least, that is the scuttlebutt. And if its true, you know damn well that BB got the information 1st hand from Meyer

Re: Pats Take DE Justin Rogers With Pick 180

An avid hunter... Has killed and skinned coyotes.

:eek:

Doesn't everybody? Better than eating road kill, trust me.

You just don'tknow if this kid can make the team.....This is going to be good competion for our 2nd tier lbers....Honestly I haven't seen him play or heard anything on him....We need to start thinking for replacements soon....You know it takes at least 2 years to know the system....Who will be the next FA Lber next year:singing: GO PATS!!!!:rocker:

Justin Rogers was the leading tackler for his team in the Texas vs The Nation game. I was talking to someone from Texas who has actually watched him play, and they said NE might have found a diamond in the rough. I'm very interested to see how this guy does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back