PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots vs Bengals Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys its ok. We can just sign a couple of UFA from Rutgers. Who needs talent.

pathetic...all i can say

Said it in the game thread and I'll say it again here- not going for it from the 2 was a huge mistake. Instead. They predictably ended up having to chuck prayers from the 30. That was entirely foreseeable from how the game had gone to that point. Rare mistake from BB.

That said, coming into the season who here wouldn't have been happy with 4-1?

You need 2 scores. If you go for it and get stopped the game is over. This was the best chance, and as it turned out they got the ball back in good field position after forcing a fumbled and failed.

Said it in the game thread and I'll say it again here- not going for it from the 2 was a huge mistake. Instead. They predictably ended up having to chuck prayers from the 30. That was entirely foreseeable from how the game had gone to that point. Rare mistake from BB.

While I think you're right, I think it's a much closer decision than you're indicating. Not better than 55/45. You certainly can't assume the TD, and not converting likely means the end of the game. I tend to agree it was the better decision, it's a tough spot either way.

Most coaches kick there -- because most can't stomach making a decision that can lose the game on one play. I guess today, BB was like most coaches.

Tannehill just made an amazing play on 4th and 10 to save the game. Dolphins are pretty darned good.

Not gonna excuse the drops during that last drive in particular but what's Tom thinking throwin constant 2 yard passes with no timeouts and under a minute? Those plays had no positive value.

I'm done complaining about the dropped passes anyway. It's a 5 game trend and doesn't look to be gettin better.

That was one of the things that left me scratching my head. The 5 yard passes with little time left is actually the worst thing they can do. If those were caught it would have killed at least 20 seconds of the clock for only a 5 yard game. If I was Belichick I'd be yelling in Brady's ear that every throw has to go at least 15 yards.

YVKhW8H.jpg

Only the pink hat fans will be jumping off the ledge.

How do you know if they're pink hat fair weather fans or pink hat supporting breast cancer awareness fans? The NFL really should have thought about that before they pinked out. Really confusing. Perhaps hot pink for breast cancer and more of a salmon color for fair weather? Or even a hybrid color if you want to be both. Could be a nice way to boost revenue.

Next year's draft needs to load up on interior offensive linemen. Mankins and Connolly are declining, Wendell's getting exposed.

Also, Bill's decision to kick the field goal instead of go for the TD was horrendous. Didn't like it at the time and it only looked worse with the rainstorm which completely threw off the passing game in the final two minutes.

The decision to not use the QB sneak and, instead, have Blount try to run OT when the Bengals had been stuffing that all day was horrendous.

The fade to Solder was a head scratcher as well. Not only was he not open, but they shouldn't have used him since he can't jump an ant pile..

We can adjust from the loss and I know they will in the future. To me its the injuries week after week after week. It's definitely disheartening and I wish it would just stop.

Please Football Gods hear my prayers! :pray:

Wow it was a terrible performance but certainly not all around. Defense did all it could. No penalties on us and we score 6.

First things first, the receivers just struggle way too much holding onto the ball and it's a killer. Losing Welker in retrospect was devastating. I don't really blame the Pats as it looked like we would have both lethal TE's and a suitable fill in with Amendola. Still though the loss was greater than we could have imagined.

Blount is not going to kick start our running game and I figured out running game wouldn't be much of a factor. Ridley's our guy and we need him back pronto.

The pass blocking was often horrendous. Just got owned over the course of the game.

And finally Brady. Yes the receivers may run wrong routes at times and drop the ball a lot but Tom isn't performing well either. Can't blame him for everything, he go battered in the backfield time and time again. Still his throws were nothing to write home about.

As for the coaching....I mean we got out coached by Marvin Lewis. Not a bad coach but not in BB's league. I wish Belichick had been ballsy in the goal line like Lewis. We should have gone for it on 4th down. If we got that 1 yard TD, Gostkowski could have nailed home the FG on the final drive, then we are talking overtime.

The Pats laid an egg on the road in a tough venue against a good team...grow the fack up...it's how you are playing in December that counts, not some lackluster performance in the driving rain on the road.

Dobson was wide open on that final drive and brady choose the safest option edleman.

This is the only thing i dislike about him now.

Miami might pass the Pats in drops by the end of this drive.

pathetic...all i can say

Losing a close game on the road to a playoff caliber team to go to 4-1 is your idea of pathetic?
Wow this fan base is spoiled.

I can't get over how bad Amendola was this game. Didn't this guy make the catch of the decade a few years ago?

Okay, this was the guy's first game back and he's not all the way there yet. He was questionable to even play this game. The Pats were clearly monitoring his snaps as well. Lay off him a bit.

The other receivers needed to make plays and just didn't. As someone else pointed out, the debate this week will be whether Brady was just off or if he was off because of his receivers being inconsistent. That will be the debate all year. You can't lose guys like Gronkowski, Hernandez, Welker and Woodhead and not see some kind of drop off. With all the people moaning about Welker, I was more upset (and still am) about the loss of Woodhead. That guy always showed up for the grind it out games.

Kontra, you might be right about that. I have not seen so many drops and near fumbles out of this offense in a long time. All of them need the jugs machine.

At least the fish seem to really badly want to compete with us on that stat. Their receivers are just as bad.

Ravens helped us. Not sure how I feel about it.

That was painful to watch. I don't even want to think about the Saints right now. What was up with Brady today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News