PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots vs Bengals Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Good:
  • This defense is something special. Only gave up 13 points. Had nice pressure which resulted in 4 sacks. Big stop on 3rd down in the 4th. Yes they gave up the TD, but I'll take giving up only 13 points every week.
  • Mayo played great today. Big fumble recovery in the 4th (not his fault it couldn't be capitalized on). He was making tackles all day
  • Spikes played good today. His demise might be over exaggerated.
  • Ryan Allen was phenomenal today. Makes us forget about the Zoltan more and more.
  • Good to see Danny get back out there. His play wasn't great, but his return is a good sign.
  • Gostowski is reliable this season

The Bad:
  • The offense. Just couldn't get clicking at all. I'll go into more detail though...
  • Brady. I thought he made some bad passes today. He didn't play atrocious like some people want us to believe on this site. He played like **** in the monsoon, but please tell me what QB would play well in a downpour with less than 2 minutes to go and one time out. Also consider it only started raining THAT hard on the last drive.
  • Fumbling is still a problem for this team. Blount's fumble was killer and Dobson's nearly killed everyone in New England. Something needs to be done about that
  • The o-line and RBs couldn't really block at all during the game. Brady was constantly pressured all game. I understand Cincy has a great d-line, but Brady has to get time back there.
  • Injuries are killing this team...literally. Kelly going down only reaffirms the need to sign a veteran DT. I know the market is slim, but they don't need a damn All-Pro on the line. Just a big body that's hard to move. Think of a Casey Hampton or someone.
  • The TE position is just pathetic w/o Gronk

All in all, a game like this was bound to happen. This team wasn't going 16-0 and honestly, I'm glad they won't. I'm not happy about the team losing, but I think it's a good learning opportunity for the rookies on how to bounce back from a loss. Tough game, but time to look ahead towards the NFC's finest in New Orleans. Gronk is supposedly slated to return and he would provide a huge boost.

As always, go Pats!

The entire offense, including coaches, should be embarrassed. That was beyond terrible.

Not sure if this was Brady's worst game ever but it certainly is up there. That needs to change soon.

What needs to change soon is getting injured players back. This team is down to its third and fourth running backs and has no tight end threat.

The Dolphins missed a game-tying field goal whilst Tannehill was sacked six more times. That's still some good news.

Despite the loss the Patriots are still in the lead in the division!

BB spent many years to put a new defense together and now he's going to spent another 3 years to build a new offense, and there goes all the Brady window and his prime.

Dude won 3 SB's very young, had all the tools to make history, but a cheap and terrible GM throw all this into the dumpster.

*ROFLMAO* Come back when you have actually done some research and aren't just parroting morons like Ron Borges..

I'm tired of most posters on this board making excuses every week for Brady. He is by no means the only problem on offense right now but he IS part of the problem. Happy feet, throwing off of his back foot when there are bodies around him, lack of accuracy (see Amendola throw near goal line, among many others) should be seen easily if you are being objective and not looking at Brady through 2003-2007 glasses. He needs to be a better.

Still satisfied with 4-1.

who the hell are you proposing we replace him with? who should we have gotten in Brady's place before the season started?...or are you just Brady bashing for shiits and giggles?

At least we're not the Giants.

Kinda seemed like with the rain that we were destined to lose this game.

OL played poorly. So did Brady, though his receivers did him no favors.

LOL at everyone claiming Bolden deserves some of Ridley's snaps. Ridley is clearly the superior player.

Ryan Allen was money. Now we know why he beat out Mesko.

The complete absence of a threat at the TE position is really hurting them. Is there a worse TE tandem in the league than Hooman and Mulligan?

The second and goal call to Solder was one of the worst play calls I've seen in a long, long time.

Mayo was beasting, as was Spikes.

All in all not the worst loss we've experienced. The defense is good. The offense needs Gronkowski more than anything in the world right now.

The way people are banking on Gronk to save this team is just unfair to him. It's not crazy to say Gronk is gonna be a bit of a shell of himself when he comes back. After a zillion surgeries, the burst and strength just won't be there. He'll probably be a tad better than the '11 SB Gronk or the Gronk that returned against Miami with half a functional arm.

I think Dobson is the key for our passing offense...the dude gets mad separation and is wide open every time he runs a route...right route or wrong route:rolleyes:

I didn't see anything wrong with mr. Brady. I saw what drops and no execution can do to a good team. This reminded me of our 2 Super Bowl losses. Combo of bad luck, pressure in toms face all day and just a bad game. We need gronk and Ridley bad though.

Brady threw the ball right when Dobson made his cut. The reason the defensive back went toward the sideline and away from Dobson was because he saw the ball in the air. Terrible job by the announcing crew to say that Brady missed him -- they just weren't on the same page what way Dobson was going to go.

Yeah, it was too obvious that Brady was expecting Dobson to cut to the outside and not the inside. He would have been wide open either way. I wish they could have been on the same page. If that game went into overtime, I would have loved the Pats' chances. They seemed to be getting into a little bit more of a groove right before the downpours.

Yes. Bengals defense and gameplan was outstanding. They killed a number of our screens. Fair play to them.

The drop by Bolden on the screen in the first half was well executed up the point of the catch. If Bolden holds on, not only do the Patriots advance in terms of field position, they give Zimmer cause for concern any time he wants to dial up the pressure for the rest of the game.

But the Bengals (without their best CB and DE) were very good. Both teams at full strength would make for a fascinating duel.

The Browns also have a very good D and could give Brady similar problems when we play them later in the year.

Also how does Dobson not end up closer to the endzone after his catch. He put on the burners but lost his way somehow. He finishes in the endzone right there and the Patriots wrestle all the momentum back.

Murphy's Law.. What Ever Could Go Wrong DID GO WRONG!!!

Turning point of this game was Blount gettin tomahawked for a fumble. Pats had all momentum and if we score it's a different feel to this game.

Dobson makes a catch breaks free beats his man down sideline cuts back circus moves looses ball gets it back all that NO TD!

Than Amendola takes a WIDE OPEN Pass from Brady falls at 1/2 inch line can't spin in for a TD is touched by DBs NO TD!

With all that Brady gets ball back for a last minute potential tie for OT. RAIN comes down in BUCKETS clearly effecting Brady & receiver drops. After Brady throws game ending interception, RAIN STOPS!

While listenin all game to that Dumbass Douche Dan Dierdoff!

Yeah. I should stop commenting about that play. I don't remember it clearly.

Meh. It's hard to pinpoint a single crucial play. The offense just made too many mistakes today. Started with that dropped screen to Bolden.

Not trying to ride you on it, so please don't take offense. It wasn't the easiest catch, ever, either, but it should have been caught.

If I'm an opposing D.C. right now, I'd never play zone against this group without a healthy Gronk and Amendola. The rookies can't beat you right now. Go man and blitz the hell out of Brady.

Here's a stat for ya...

1-12 on 3rd downs. Hard to win like that.

The decision to not use the QB sneak and, instead, have Blount try to run OT when the Bengals had been stuffing that all day was horrendous.

The fade to Solder was a head scratcher as well. Not only was he not open, but they shouldn't have used him since he can't jump an ant pile..

Not having Ridley there hurt. But Bolden is still a better short-yardage option than Blount.

At any rate Bengals D-line dominated that game. Don't think Gronk is going to help with this team's biggest weakness going on seven years now--inability to handle quick, disruptive DTs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore