PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots vs Bengals Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news..... Ravens just took the lead againt the LOLphins.

Pretty much sums things up when that's the highlight of our day.

(unless Denver loses).

8 minutes until the Welker clinic

Actually KT caught 3 out of 4 passes, and the near miss cost him. They were doubling him all day long though.

Amendola had a bad day, and its clear hes still gimp.

Edelman is asked to do too much, and yea he isn't a pure receiver.

We have no TE

We have a decent RB who is not a great receiving back playing on third down.

Brady was clearly seeing shadows, which usually happens when he doesnt have confidence in his receiving corps or the Oline.

And Cinci outcoached us and was reading the plays all game long.

In short, a thorough victory for Cinci

Julian Edelman comments, tweeted by Reiss: "They flat-out beat us. Sometimes you have to tip your hat. No excuses."

Lay off the Brady stuff. Without the drops, the Patriots put up, what..... 30?

I'm tired of most posters on this board making excuses every week for Brady. He is by no means the only problem on offense right now but he IS part of the problem. Happy feet, throwing off of his back foot when there are bodies around him, lack of accuracy (see Amendola throw near goal line, among many others) should be seen easily if you are being objective and not looking at Brady through 2003-2007 glasses. He needs to be a better.

Still satisfied with 4-1.

Dolphins missed a 57 yard FG attempt.... Ravens win.

Watch the replay.

Yeah. I should stop commenting about that play. I don't remember it clearly.

Meh. It's hard to pinpoint a single crucial play. The offense just made too many mistakes today. Started with that dropped screen to Bolden.

The good things about this game:

1) The defense played really, really well again. This is a top 10 defense. Still TBD if they can do it against a Pro Bowl QB, but they will keep us in almost every game.

2) We have a great STs unit

3) The weak link is our offense. Our offense will get Gronk and eventually Vereen and Ridley back. Having those three pieces back will really help. It won't all get solved at once, but I am confident by year-end we will have an offense that can score 24-35 points on any given day.

Well still in first in the AFC East now. So that's one positive.

Pats lead the division going into the Saints game....jump off the bandwagon now if you're gonna go...

BB spent many years to put a new defense together and now he's going to spent another 3 years to build a new offense, and there goes all the Brady window and his prime.

Dude won 3 SB's very young, had all the tools to make history, but a cheap and terrible GM throw all this into the dumpster.

Please go away. They made 2 more Super Bowls after those 3 and were in great position near the end of both those games to win. Were you a fan when the Pats had a 1 win season? Probably not. We are lucky to have Belichick.

A lot of revisionist history here on Wes Welker's hands. Yes he made big catches but he also had some boneheaded drops himself.

I'm tired of most posters on this board making excuses every week for Brady. He is by no means the only problem on offense right now but he IS part of the problem. Happy feet, throwing off of his back foot when there are bodies around him, lack of accuracy (see Amendola throw near goal line, among many others) should be seen easily if you are being objective and not looking at Brady through 2003-2007 glasses. He needs to be a better.

Still satisfied with 4-1.

Receivers running the wrong routes and dropping balls, combined with an interior OL that is getting beaten, will make a QB look bad. It happens all the time.

I swear that some of you must never watch a game that doesn't involve the Patriots.

I don't know what pisses me off more, the pathetic offense or the fact that our defense made an incredible effort and it went to waste. That TD drive was gut wreching, but 13 PA and a turnover towards the end that should have set up a game tying score, what a wasted effort right after losing Vince.

The one positive that could come out today is if Kelly avoids a serious injury and misses just a few weeks or less. Another positive is, once again, gutsy f****** performance from the defense today and they're still pretty damn good without Vince.

Hope they can bounce back against the Saints but I'll be honest it is not looking good.

The Pats laid an egg on the road in a tough venue against a good team...grow the fack up...it's how you are playing in December that counts, not some lackluster performance in the driving rain on the road.

What if brady bad check downing shows up in the postseason? what if on the final drive thompkins and dobson are wide open, but chooses the safest dump of 10 yard pass to edleman and danny? This a bad habit brady has developed.

Dobson was wide open on that final drive and brady choose the safest option edleman.

This is the only thing i dislike about him now.

Brady threw the ball right when Dobson made his cut. The reason the defensive back went toward the sideline and away from Dobson was because he saw the ball in the air. Terrible job by the announcing crew to say that Brady missed him -- they just weren't on the same page what way Dobson was going to go.

Actually KT caught 3 out of 4 passes, and the near miss cost him. They were doubling him all day long though.

Amendola had a bad day, and its clear hes still gimp.

Edelman is asked to do too much, and yea he isn't a pure receiver.

We have no TE

We have a decent RB who is not a great receiving back playing on third down.

Brady was clearly seeing shadows, which usually happens when he doesnt have confidence in his receiving corps or the Oline.

And Cinci outcoached us and was reading the plays all game long.

In short, a thorough victory for Cinci

This is well thought out and fair.

We should have traded for Alex Smith in the offseason to replace Brady.

He's keeping the IT streak going and I trust him more than Brees to continue it.

/sarcasm

Pulling for Smith. Take down forehead please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back