PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots vs Bengals Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it in the game thread and I'll say it again here- not going for it from the 2 was a huge mistake. Instead. They predictably ended up having to chuck prayers from the 30. That was entirely foreseeable from how the game had gone to that point. Rare mistake from BB

Your logic only works if the Pats convert to get the TD there. What happens if they don't get the TD there?

You're extrapolating by knowing the future. Would you still be happy with going it on 4th down and not converting? Remember... you don't know that Mayo is going to recover a fumble in CIN territory.

#freeaarondobson

Gronk has to play next week. Enough is enough.

I'm so pissed we won't be going 16-0 this season...this really sucks...the whole team should be fired.

The entire offense, including coaches, should be embarrassed. That was beyond terrible.

Not sure if this was Brady's worst game ever but it certainly is up there. That needs to change soon.

Defense was awesome and gave the offense every chance imaginable to redeem themselves. But Tom and company weren't anywhere near up to the challenge.

Hopefully, TK is fine.

Cannot imagine the carnage this place is going to witness this week with saints coming to town.

Ian please shutdown the forums for a couple of days until the the ledge is clear from all the people jumping out or else I may have to go out and buy the "hacking for dummies" book and will seriously give it a try :eek: :D

Only the pink hat fans will be jumping off the ledge.

Edelman not only ended the streak but stopped it being a 3 point game with a poor drop in the end zone, stupid play calling trying to get Solder involved as a receiver.?

It was a tough catch. Give him a break for that play.

BB spent many years to put a new defense together and now he's going to spent another 3 years to build a new offense, and there goes all the Brady window and his prime.

Dude won 3 SB's very young, had all the tools to make history, but a cheap and terrible GM throw all this into the dumpster.

Awful, awful, awful performance by this offense. It has me SERIOUSLY questioning whether Brady still has it. I counted at least 4 times where a receiver was WIDE OPEN, but supposedly Brady ran the wrong route and didn't throw it to him. That bull**** has to stop with him.

Amendola and Edelman are way too similar of a player. I'm now wondering why they even signed Amendola if Edelman would prove to be just as effective and cheaper. This could be a huge point of contention in the offseason.

The rookies were beyond frustrating today. Thompkins was invisible and CAN'T CATCH CLEANLY. Dobson had a guaranteed TD but fumbled it away. Boyce invisible. These three players are going to be benched once Gronkowski returns.

Speaking of Gronk, I really doubt he is going to change this team offensively. Brady will lock on to him and make the offense even more one-dimensional.

At Running Back, Ridley and Vereen are sorely missed. Blount and Bolden are decent depth guys but cannot be trusted to carry the load alone.

The defense has proven to be legit, but man there are some major questions. Chandler Jones has been invisible all too often and I wonder if he will ever develop into what we think he can be. He is taken out of the play all too often.

At DT, if Kelly is hurt, Bill NEEDS to sign or trade for a vet. Starting 2 UDFAs at DT is waving the white flag.

How do you know that Dobson can't catch (which he did) or run the correct routes (which he did)?

Seems to me that you're perceptions are wrong, not BB's thoughts.

OH. Saying Edelman is an average receiver is like saying Anquan Boldin is an average receiver..

Dobson cannot catch because I have seen him drop passes all year. Dobson cannot run routes because I have seen him run the wrong routes all season.

Edelman is a great punt returned but an average wide out.

Thompkins has made 1 good catch this season. Every other one has been bobbled or dropped.

I'd have to double check the number but I believe that, after today, they lead the league in drops.

Kontra, you might be right about that. I have not seen so many drops and near fumbles out of this offense in a long time. All of them need the jugs machine.

Cannot imagine the carnage this place is going to witness this week with saints coming to town.

Ian please shutdown the forums for a couple of days until the the ledge is clear from all the people jumping out or else I may have to go out and buy the "hacking for dummies" book and will seriously give it a try :eek: :D

Call it a gut feeling, but I have a feeling our team will look completely different next week.

I'd have to double check the number but I believe that, after today, they lead the league in drops.

Probably could have had zero drops first 4 games and still be leading the league after today. Historic performance.

Awful, awful, awful performance by this offense. It has me SERIOUSLY questioning whether Brady still has it. I counted at least 4 times where a receiver was WIDE OPEN, but supposedly Brady ran the wrong route and didn't throw it to him. That bull**** has to stop with him.

Amendola and Edelman are way too similar of a player. I'm now wondering why they even signed Amendola if Edelman would prove to be just as effective and cheaper. This could be a huge point of contention in the offseason.

The rookies were beyond frustrating today. Thompkins was invisible and CAN'T CATCH CLEANLY. Dobson had a guaranteed TD but fumbled it away. Boyce invisible. These three players are going to be benched once Gronkowski returns.

Speaking of Gronk, I really doubt he is going to change this team offensively. Brady will lock on to him and make the offense even more one-dimensional.

At Running Back, Ridley and Vereen are sorely missed. Blount and Bolden are decent depth guys but cannot be trusted to carry the load alone.

The defense has proven to be legit, but man there are some major questions. Chandler Jones has been invisible all too often and I wonder if he will ever develop into what we think he can be. He is taken out of the play all too often.

At DT, if Kelly is hurt, Bill NEEDS to sign or trade for a vet. Starting 2 UDFAs at DT is waving the white flag.

I think you starting watching the Patriots in Oct 2012.

I posted what I thought. And yes, they got beat, plain and simple. Is that really so hard for you to phathom??

Not at all and I agree.

I think it will be good in the long run for us.

Tired of hearing about streaks and all that. That stuff doesn't matter! Only wins do!!

Time to move on and put this game in the rearview mirror.

"We're onto New Orleans."

— Bill Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back