PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots vs Bengals Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its amazing this team is 4-1 considering BB thought it was a great idea surrounding Brady with an injury prone slot, a rookie in Thompkins, a average receiver in Edelman and a rookie in Dobson who cannot catch or run the correct routes.

god forbid we give any FA who aren't our own big money to come here.

Saying the Pats weren't prepared is BS.... Plain and simple.. And totally disses the Bengals.

ok then what do you think? we just got beat plain and simple?

clock management at the end was putrid.

This was the scariest part.

The D played great all things considered. Made all the plays the had to in order to win on the road.

The offense....well, let's just say that there is still work left to do.

Brady is just not himself this year, young WRs or not. This is one of the few times I wish our bye week were earlier than later; we need to regroup and get back to basics.

Saints next week will be tough - that defense of theirs has come a long way. Thankfully it is in Foxboro, otherwise I'd give us little/no chance.

Saying the Pats weren't prepared is BS.... Plain and simple.. And totally disses the Bengals.

Bengals defensive line whipped the Patriots offensive line all day.

That and the drops/miscues on EASY plays killed the Patriots.

Its amazing this team is 4-1 considering BB thought it was a great idea to surround Brady with an injury prone slot, a rookie in Thompkins, a average receiver in Edelman and a rookie in Dobson who cannot catch or run the correct routes.

How do you know that Dobson can't catch (which he did) or run the correct routes (which he did)?

Seems to me that you're perceptions are wrong, not BB's thoughts.

OH. Saying Edelman is an average receiver is like saying Anquan Boldin is an average receiver..

This teams OL is where we lost. The defense kept us in it but just couldn't win. It's like the Arizona loss last year and Cleveland before.

I am pleased with this defense, but the offense really needs gronk, Ridley and vereen back.

Ever notice how the game thread gets closed right after a loss, but stays open a little longer after a win? Interesting.lol I'm bummed, guys. Just trying to find some humor after watching that anemic offensive performance. The D got fixed but the O broke . . . an almost complete reversal of the past few years. Why can't we have a dominant O and D in the same year?

Oh its 4th down and the clock is running? Let's not take a timeout let's just have 40 seconds come off the clock.

before everyone gets super negative, the defense were outstanding and Ryan Allen was arguably our player of the game. Great for him. Outstanding leadership from Mayo too.

Welker (receptions)should pass Brady(passing) in TDs by the 2nd qtr....just saying :)

Bengals defensive line whipped the Patriots offensive line all day.

That and the drops/miscues on EASY plays killed the Patriots.

Too bad that has nothing to do with saying the Pats weren't prepared.

This was the scariest part.

The D played great all things considered. Made all the plays the had to in order to win on the road.

The offense....well, let's just say that there is still work left to do.

Brady is just not himself this year, young WRs or not. This is one of the few times I wish our bye week were earlier than later; we need to regroup and get back to basics.

Saints next week will be tough - that defense of theirs has come a long way. Thankfully it is in Foxboro, otherwise I'd give us little/no chance.

Lay off the Brady stuff. Without the drops, the Patriots put up, what..... 30?

ok then what do you think? we just got beat plain and simple?

Yep. Our OL got beat like a drum by that Bengals line. The coaches also can't prepare for our WRs to make all kinds of critical drops.

Honestly I thought the coaching was like a C+ today - good overall but some awful clock management. The D was an A- and would've been an A+ if they could've held Cincy on 4th and goal. The STs were definitely an A.

Simple matter is that we could not move the ball well because we could not block and we could not catch and we could only run a bit. Those three things are not good indications of successful football.

01. Brady played poorly.
02. The OL were abysmal.... again.
03. The RBs weren't worth a damn today.
04. The WRs were useless.
05. I have serious reservations about reaching the promised land with Josh McDaniels as OC and his continued questionable play calling especially in key situations.
06. The serious disconnect between the young receivers and Brady finally came home to roost.

07. The D was pretty darn good.
08. Ryan Allen deserves the MVP award for today.

09. 4-1 isn't so bad but the style in which the O continues to stutter is.
10. I'm really quite pleased that the D continues to fight in spite of all the injuries. They are legitimate people.

How many Patriots drops were there today?

I'd have to double check the number but I believe that, after today, they lead the league in drops.

rough game for the offense, and the defense ended up having to deal with have 2 rookies in the middle of the Dline.

There is going to be a lot of debate int eh coming days on if the offense failed today because Brady had an off day, or if Brady had an off day because the offensive line was almost non existent.

Lots of poor throws, not a lot of time to make throws, and when he had a chance to make a decent throw the receivers couldn't catch it.

The defense did their job here, they held the Bengals to 3 points int eh first half, and only gave up a TD in the second half when kelly went down putting the second rookie d line man in the middle.

Winning streak over.
Td streak over.

A lot to be unhappy about, but not clear cut reason or fix. we need d linemen, we need to work on the O line, And we need to get the receivers to actually catch the damn ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back