PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots vs Bengals Post-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna excuse the drops during that last drive in particular but what's Tom thinking throwin constant 2 yard passes with no timeouts and under a minute? Those plays had no positive value.

I'm done complaining about the dropped passes anyway. It's a 5 game trend and doesn't look to be gettin better.

Next year's draft needs to load up on interior offensive linemen. Mankins and Connolly are declining, Wendell's getting exposed.

Also, Bill's decision to kick the field goal instead of go for the TD was horrendous. Didn't like it at the time and it only looked worse with the rainstorm which completely threw off the passing game in the final two minutes.

Someone needs to finally file the missing persons for the O-Line. We haven't seen them since the divisional round against the Texans in last year's playoffs.

Said it in the game thread and I'll say it again here- not going for it from the 2 was a huge mistake. Instead. They predictably ended up having to chuck prayers from the 30. That was entirely foreseeable from how the game had gone to that point. Rare mistake from BB.

That said, coming into the season who here wouldn't have been happy with 4-1?

Yep. Our OL got beat like a drum by that Bengals line. The coaches also can't prepare for our WRs to make all kinds of critical drops.

Honestly I thought the coaching was like a C+ today - good overall but some awful clock management. The D was an A- and would've been an A+ if they could've held Cincy on 4th and goal. The STs were definitely an A.

Simple matter is that we could not move the ball well because we could not block and we could not catch and we could only run a bit. Those three things are not good indications of successful football.

Agreed on the D

Just wish our O would be better.....

Saying the Pats weren't prepared is BS.... Plain and simple.. And totally disses the Bengals.

Yes. Bengals defense and gameplan was outstanding. They killed a number of our screens. Fair play to them.

How many Patriots drops were there today?

Early in the game it was mentioned that they are tied for 2nd most in the league. I have to think after today, they'll have the most in the league.

The Bengals were the better team today.

The Patriots have a lot of things to work on offensively. I'm confident they'll be able to correct these offensive issues.

I can't get over how bad Amendola was this game. Didn't this guy make the catch of the decade a few years ago?

ok then what do you think? we just got beat plain and simple?

I posted what I thought. And yes, they got beat, plain and simple. Is that really so hard for you to phathom??

Well we don't have time to feel sorry for ourselves. We got the Saints next week.

We need to get our guys on the same page.

We're not throwing well.
Our catching is putrid.
Our route running sucks.

Huge step back today. But this team still has the arrow pointing up.

Good game all around.

Brady needs to stop throwing short when receivers are open/single coverage down the field.

Every time julien has a drop it seems like either thompkins or dobson are open.

I have to see a replay of that Amendola catch at the goal line again. I can't believe he didnt get that ball over the line.

Amendola had to stop and turn back for the ball. If it was a better throw he would have walked in.

You should really never lose a game when you only give up 13 points.

Losing Kelly and the rain didn't help but the game should have never come down to that.

Edelman not only ended the streak but stopped it being a 3 point game with a poor drop in the end zone, stupid play calling trying to get Solder involved as a receiver.

Double digit drops? Certainly seemed like it, awful effort by the receivers & Bolden.

Even if Kelly is fine, BB needs to trade for another DT, the run defense at times was abysmal.

Folks trying to blame Dobson for "running the wrong route" it was likely an option route (like most are that the Pats run) he clearly read the defense correctly because he was WIDE open - Brady made the wrong read, but I suppose it's easy to blame the rookie, right?

Could care less about the "TD streak".

It was not a real game streak anyway. Brady didn't throw any TD passes in the AFC Championship game 2 years ago.

Good news..... Ravens just took the lead againt the LOLphins.

I can't get over how bad Amendola was this game. Didn't this guy make the catch of the decade a few years ago?

Why single him out? Who caught the ball well today?

At least he has an excuse. His first game back and that groin is probably still hurting. I swear I saw him run like a girl with his legs spread apart at one point.

Cannot imagine the carnage this place is going to witness this week with saints coming to town.

Ian please shutdown the forums for a couple of days until the the ledge is clear from all the people jumping out or else I may have to go out and buy the "hacking for dummies" book and will seriously give it a try :eek: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back