PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots v. Bears (10/26) Bedard film review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luck isn't great yet. Makes half a dozen "holy mackerel" throws a game, but makes big mistakes in almost every big game. He makes the type of mistakes that people get all over Romo/Kaepernick about.

Jerry Jones is still a problem with the Cowboys. He's finally gotten out of the way of "molding" the team, but he just can't go away and let Garrett and all those guys do their jobs.

Wouldn't increase trades/hot stove (it's football, not baseball). If he 'had to', he'd just push the deadline back.

Top TEs in our lifetime

Gronk (when healthy)
Gonzalez

Would get Harbaugh in to replace Ryan/Idzik in NY

Luck isn't great yet. Makes half a dozen "holy mackerel" throws a game, but makes big mistakes in almost every big game. He makes the type of mistakes that people get all over Romo/Kaepernick about.

I have been saying this about Luck. He is a great QB, but overrated. He has made throws that has cost them games. I think he was a big reason why they lost in Denver (a game they probably could have and should have won).

I don't think he was up, but I don't think he was down as far as his play goes. He made stupid mental errors with the 3+ penalties though, I guess in retrospect that is enough to put him "down", as he cost us yards before the snap, but I don't feel as if his play itself was all that bad.

Exactly- just had a bad series. As a rookie, he is expected to have mental hiccups every now and then, and the upside is that he didn't have it until this past Sunday, 8 games into the season.

Just a bad patch where he started to think, which is a no-no at this level.

Bedard:

Casillas (via league exec) - borderline starter, upgrade to depth, can play on special teams, better as a backup who can play if you need him to

Bedard thinks he could be getting brought in for the Ebner role.

Taking Broncos by 10 over Patriots, pending the weather report. Gives Patriots chance to win if the weather is really bad. Score of something like 30-20.

Bedard also said he is taking the Pats over the Broncos for the playoffs to go to the Super Bowl. He just doesn't think the pats win this unless the weather gets pretty bad.

Taking Broncos by 10 over Patriots, pending the weather report. Gives Patriots chance to win if the weather is really bad. Score of something like 30-20.
I'll get killed for this but that sounds right to me. The bigger question to me is if by the end of the year the Pats can keep trending upwards, get and stay healthier, and the Broncos come back to earth. If all of those are "yes", then the Pats have a great chance to end the year on a high note.

Bedard also said he is taking the Pats over the Broncos for the playoffs to go to the Super Bowl. He just doesn't think the pats win this unless the weather gets pretty bad.
OK, so he's in my head now too, ha ha.

/end Bedard

OK, so he's in my head now too, ha ha.

I don't know if he wants to be in your head. I've been there. The bagel, lox, and a smear you serve is nice, but there is far too much davening going on in there.

Last edited:
Would get Harbaugh in to replace Ryan/Idzik in NY

I have been expecting that. But if H fell out with the organization in SF, wouldn't he have even more issues in the Green Poison Dump?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back