PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots v. Bears (10/26) Bedard film review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
His appearance on 98.5 starts in about 10 minutes. Don't think I can do a transcript today. Usually slow at work this time of the year and I am the boss so I can usually get away with it, but I don't think I can today. I will try when I can.

Not to worry, I am sure Deus will do a dueling thread since he can't see mine.

NOTE TO MODERATORS: If you need to combine threads, put this one into his to avoid the drama of last week. I am ok with it and I don't take it personally.

Thanks Rob, I'll try to pickup the slack. :)

If someone else has started a thread on this, I don't know about it, so here goes.

Bedard: Broncos are the better team. They should win, but there are other factors between these teams.

Weather is a factor, especially with Manning. Hillman hasn't played in this weather.

Right now, Broncos are a great team. Patriots are a good team, bordering on very good.

If you go man-for-man

Edelman over Welker
Connolly over Franklin
Gronk over Thomas
Vollmer over Clark
Brady over Manning (especially at home)

Defensively, has a hard time giving much to the Patriots
Talib over Revis (editor's note: That's crazy talk)
Harris over Browner
Only big edge for Patriots on defense is at free safety (McCourty)

Said that he believes that the Pats never wanted to keep Welker and they were right to let him go.

I will post when possible in Deus's thread.

Key matchups:

Sanders
Solder/Vollmer on the edge
Knighton

If you go man-for-man

Edelman over Welker
Connolly over Franklin
Gronk over Thomas
Vollmer over Clark
Brady over Manning (especially at home)

Defensively, has a hard time giving much to the Patriots
Talib over Revis (editor's note: That's crazy talk)
Harris over Browner
Only big edge for Patriots on defense is at free safety (McCourty)

Talib over Revis is a real headscratcher especially if you are going to say Harris over Browner (which I would agree with).

However, I also wonder about Hightower over over Irving and the Patriots nickel and dime backs over Denvers.

Says the Pats are slowly turning into the Seahawks defense (in how they play and scheme not necessarily how good they are) and the Pats will defend the Broncos much the same way. Cover three.

Said people were open over the middle of the field last week, but Cutler wasn't seeing them. Expects the Broncos to try to exploit it.

Will be looking at how the Patriots defend the Broncos in the middle of the field. There were guys open in the middle of the field all game long against the Bears.

Thinks Patriots will play cover 3 on the outside and mix-and-match on the interior.

So BB didn't get one on Manning last year in on Foxboro? Making him check into runs? Winning the coin toss and differing?

What are those hacks talking about? It's been a while since BB has gotten one over Manning? Did they not watch the game in Foxboro last year? Baiting Manning to check into the run. Winning the coin toss and kicking to Manning.

And that game plan in 2012 with the offense running the Broncos out of Foxboro? They don't think BB was heavily involved in that?

What are those hacks talking about? It's been a while since BB has gotten one over Manning? Did they not watch the game in Foxboro last year? Baiting Manning to check into the run. Winning the coin toss and kicking to Manning.

And that game plan in 2012 with the offense running the Broncos out of Foxboro? They don't think BB was heavily involved in that?

Tricking him, not beating him. Manning wasn't getting tricked into the run.

Gotta hit Gronk coming off the line. Any defense that let's him come off the line.... the game's over.

Says that the coaching staff are coaching up the players. Pointed to Easly blowing up a screen pass which he probably wouldn't have done a few weeks ago. Thinks Easley had a good game.

Even when Gronk is spread wide, you can't let him get a head of steam.

Says Browner is a bad match up for D. Thomas. The Broncos run a lot of screens and crossing patterns with D. Thomas and that plays to Browner's weakness. Would not be advised.

Doesn't think the Pats should man up every play on the Broncos because Manning would figure it out.

Have to be prepared for all the picks the Broncos like to run. You can't just play all man-to-man, or Manning will figure it out.

LOL a listener called to say McCourty stinks, is that guy from here with the baseball avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back