PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots v. Bears (10/26) Bedard film review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case anyone is wondering, now that Bedard is gone, Felger is trolling Patriots fans. Now he is giving them crap for acting high and mighty trashing the Sam Monson, PFF article that Brady is no long elite (rightfully so to trash that crap article BTW).

Sorry, but I will not be transcribing this conversation for you all because I just changed the channel.

I have been expecting that. But if H fell out with the organization in SF, wouldn't he have even more issues in the Green Poison Dump?
At this point it looks like the only place to go from the Jets would be to the Browns or Raiders. I doubt Harbaugh is ready to give up on coaching football and I would hope (for his sake, not that I have any love for him) he'd find a better alternative (even at less pay).

I have been expecting that. But if H fell out with the organization in SF, wouldn't he have even more issues in the Green Poison Dump?

Well, I expect that he'd demand organizational control. Idzik and Ryan would be out, and he'd report only to Johnson.

This is why Ninkovich is so underrated. He's not the flashiest player, but he rarely makes mistakes. He's just not as physically gifted as everyone else on the field, and the fact that he does as much as he does it a statement to just how much he understands football.

The other point Bedard made about him is he generally recognizes when he has a favorable matchup and takes advantage of it.

I don't know if he wants to be in your head. I've been there. The bagel, lox, and a smear you serve is nice, but there is far too much davening going on in there.
The inside of my head is much more NC17 rated than that.

Not happening.

Try the University of Michigan instead.

Luck isn't great yet. Makes half a dozen "holy mackerel" throws a game, but makes big mistakes in almost every big game. He makes the type of mistakes that people get all over Romo/Kaepernick about.
I've never understood the instant coronation of Luck. He's very much (so far) from the Romo/Cutler school of big mistakes in big games football. Felger, in particular, has been washing his balls since before he'd played a down in a actual regular season NFL games.

Well, I expect that he'd demand organizational control. Idzik and Ryan would be out, and he'd report only to Johnson.

Yes. But wouldn't that be the problem -- like reporting directly to Jerry Jones or Al Davis (without the football knowledge)?

People can feel free not to listen to Bedard or read my posting on him. Arguing that Stork wasn't a down, in this blowout?

C'mon.
Or they can feel free to disagree with you which seems to be what they have chosen.

Reactions: PP2
Martin (Bucs) would be a good guy (via trade) if they could keep him healthy.

I would have been all for giving Martin another shot here. Too bad they couldn't get anything done with a RB.

If you go man-for-man

Defensively, has a hard time giving much to the Patriots
Talib over Revis (editor's note: That's crazy talk)

Yeah, Bedard stated that if he had to choose one or the other for a "must win" CB situation, he'd definitely choose Talib over Revis. He made this comment either last week or the week before.

He also included the fact that Talib's injury history made it more difficult for him to choose, though.

I would have been all for giving Martin another shot here. Too bad they couldn't get anything done with a RB.

I made a joke or two about the lack of trades in other threads, but I can see why BB might pass on Martin and Barron (Martin's gone from 4.6 to 3.6 to 2.9, while his current replacement, who's been nothing for his career, is hitting at a 4.6 ypc clip. Barron is a younger player who's a major coverage liability like Chung and Wilson, and BB might have felt that any upgrade in the run defense wasn't going to be significant enough to warrant the move). Jackson, on the other hand, is a tougher one to read.

Big thanks to the guys posting bedards comments; big no thanks to the people arguing about stork...really? In a 28 pt blowout win were ***** about an olineman that didn't give up a sack...I swear there's people on this forum that'll argue its not snowing during blizzard

Always enjoy this thread guys. Thanks for the work.

One thing (of many) i would note is the comments on Easley. I rewatched the game and specifically looked at Easley's play (more than i thought i would be). Personally I am actually encouraged. He looked very quick off the snap and was generating push up field on most rushes. A lot of plays simply were run to the other side of him from what I saw. Even the 3rd and 1 and 4th down plays if you have a look he has driven his guy back at the LOS and was the 1st DL to make contact. The RB just hit a different hole.

What i took out of it was the quick 1st step he seems to posses.

Just my take on that one game.

Last edited:
Would get Harbaugh in to replace Ryan/Idzik in NY
Jet Fans are excised as always. They are pressuring for in-season firings which most always turn out badly.

Has everyone forgotten the difficulty they had even finding anyone who would interview for the job last time? They ended up offering it to the one non-prominent DC who would actually talk to them ?

I'll always remember Cowher's comment, "I decline to interview as I seek an Opportunity, not a Sentence!"Once again the Jets fans envision acquiring Top Coaching talent. None recognize that these Coaches are too smart to attach themselves to such a dysfunctional organization and inept Owner.

Last edited:
Jet Fans are excised as always. They are pressuring for in-season firings which most always turn out badly.

Has everyone forgotten the difficulty they had even finding anyone who would interview for the job last time? They ended up offering it to the one non-prominent DC who would actually talk to them ?

I'll always remember Cowher's comment, "I decline to interview as I seek an Opportunity, not a Sentence!" Once again the Jets fans envision acquiring Top Coaching talent. None recognize that these Coaches are too smart to attach themselves to such a dysfunctional organization and inept Owner.

Does the following ring a bell? "I resign as HC of the NYJ.".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back