PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp (Day Five, Tuesday July 30)

and then there's the pre-emptive Joker nuclear nutty meltdown...which, let's face it...is NEVER a pretty read....
leatherfacecartoon.gif

...eh.....

Lord knows that I don't mind threads where scuffles break out. The anti-Tebow stuff is out of hand, though. Joker was rabidly anti-Tebow at the start, but he's said his piece and is now containing his comments (at least mostly) to Tebow's on-field stuff. If he can do it, so can the others.

Do you need to refer to people that don't like him as a zealot though?

I mean really!

Do you need to refer to people that don't like him as a zealot though?

I mean really!

The zealots are zealots. Should I refer to them as "fluffy bunnies" instead? They'll still be zealots.

You go. Internet tough guy.

You're the one fighting. I'm just explaining/defending my comment, which immediately proceeded a mod noting an issue in the thread, I might add.

Now, you have a nice evening.

Why is Mike Reiss putting Ballard behind Hooman and Fells?

Is this based on the amount of reps they're getting at TE? Is Ballard just getting less because he's coming off the injury? I was hoping Ballard would be our starting TE for sure.

Why is Mike Reiss putting Ballard behind Hooman and Fells?

Is this based on the amount of reps they're getting at TE? Is Ballard just getting less because he's coming off the injury? I was hoping Ballard would be our starting TE for sure.

As long as Gronk has two arms and legs, Ballard will never be our starting TE...

I'm not sure what the deal is with Ballard, whether it is a lingering injury or whatnot, but he has not looked that good. Hopefully it's just a temporary health thing, but you can't make the club from the tub is how the saying goes.

Teblows skillset is the following.

Take the ball, Run for a 6 yard gain or a 20 yard loss.
Take the ball and throw an interception
Take the ball and throw it as far as you can, Have reciever run as fast as they can, hope receiver catches the ball.

Our defense is not good enough to support an offense that has three plays.

You must not have watched a lot of Tebow's games. Not trying to be an apologist or a homer, but your assessment of his skillset is just false.

Right, you forgot the throw it out of bounds play that he runs to perfection.

I'm not sure what the deal is with Ballard, whether it is a lingering injury or whatnot, but he has not looked that good. Hopefully it's just a temporary health thing, but you can't make the club from the tub is how the saying goes.

Well, we know that he is coming off of a very major knee injury which required an 18 month period for recovery--so that answers the "what his deal is" question. The guy hasn't practiced in 18 months.

I think the fact that he's been taking place in OTAs and Training camp this far points to him being on the right path, and he's not exactly known for his speed, so that may be where you're hearing that "he has not looked good."

As far as his comments about Ballard starting, I think he was referring to Gronk's injury.

Both sides are pretty much doing that. I've never seen a forum where a training camp thread that attempts to highlight what each player on a roster that's going to eventually be 53 players gets hijacked and turns into a multi-page debate about the third string quarterback. But that's Tebow for ya...

You've clearly never visited any of the Jets message boards last season. One of them had to create an entire forum just to house Tebow-related discussion, otherwise it would have dominated their main board. He had 130 total yards passing and rushing last season yet literally over 100 times the number of posts devoted to discussion about him, easily over 200,000 posts all about Tim, probably over 80 threads. This is light discussion.

You've clearly never visited any of the Jets message boards last season. One of them had to create an entire forum just to house Tebow-related discussion, otherwise it would have dominated their main board. He had 130 total yards passing and rushing last season yet literally over 100 times the number of posts devoted to discussion about him, easily over 200,000 posts all about Tim, probably over 80 threads. This is light discussion.

They didn't have to do it, they chose to do it... and it was a terrible idea. Well, actually, all it did was funnel the 1,000 Tebow haters and 10 Tebow fans into one place where the anti-Tebow crowd dominated and made the vast majority of threads and posts. If you think it was a Tebow love-fest over there, you're mistaken. It was more for the anti-Tebow crowd to get their rocks off than anything.

If you look at this board... there are probably about 5 hardcore Tebow fans here. 5 out of thousands of members. 10 would be stretching it. Anytime one of the Tebow supporters says anything, they are accused of trying to "take over" the board. If someone says something bad about Tebow, it's no big deal at all.

Regardless, this forum is great. Can't wait for the first pre-season game!

Both sides are pretty much doing that. I've never seen a forum where a training camp thread that attempts to highlight what each player on a roster that's going to eventually be 53 players gets hijacked and turns into a multi-page debate about the third string quarterback. But that's Tebow for ya...
It's interesting that Deus has taken aim against the supposed anti-Tebow camp without acknowledging the complicity of the pro-Tebow camp.

Both have danced a merry Tango.

Re: Re: Patriots Training Camp (Day Five)

....and the anti-Tebow zealots piss all over yet another thread....

As someone that has derailed and pissed all over countless threads due to their "aggressive posting" style -Im just a little shocked at the sheer audacity of you daring to ***** about this lol.

But then again, I wish we wouldnt do this in the Training Camp reports.. Im really enjoying them too much.

They didn't have to do it, they chose to do it... and it was a terrible idea. Well, actually, all it did was funnel the 1,000 Tebow haters and 10 Tebow fans into one place where the anti-Tebow crowd dominated and made the vast majority of threads and posts. If you think it was a Tebow love-fest over there, you're mistaken. It was more for the anti-Tebow crowd to get their rocks off than anything.

If you look at this board... there are probably about 5 hardcore Tebow fans here. 5 out of thousands of members. 10 would be stretching it. Anytime one of the Tebow supporters says anything, they are accused of trying to "take over" the board. If someone says something bad about Tebow, it's no big deal at all.

Those weren't Tebow Haters. Those were Jets fans. God himself could take human form and play quarterback for their team and not only would the Jets still suck a whale's ass, but the fans would hate him too.

It's interesting that Deus has taken aim against the supposed anti-Tebow camp without acknowledging the complicity of the pro-Tebow camp.

Indeed. It takes two to tango. The Tebow Apologists have had their hand in de-railing every TC thread that has been made so far as well.

What do you guys make of the Nick McDonald cut? A little surprised that he has been cut this early considering that he was one of the 3 offensive line reserves from last year.

Looks like the evaluation process is starting to dwindle down the number of guys on the 90-man roster. Do you guys think that the Pats are going to sign anyone to fill the other spot not filled by another Rutgers player?

Those weren't Tebow Haters. Those were Jets fans. God himself could take human form and play quarterback for their team and not only would the Jets still suck a whale's ass, but the fans would hate him too.

You're wrong.

The most prolific posters in that forum were not Jets fans or Tebow fans. They are career Tebow haters that follow him from team to team. Some were Broncos fans, some were FSU fans, some were Dolphins or Hurricane fans, etc...

Sure, there were a whole bunch of Jets fans and a handful Tebow fans there, but the tenor and tone of that place was set by the anti-Tebow crowd.

When did posting a positive camp report about a player become an issue of complicity?

When did posting a positive camp report about a player become an issue of complicity?
Don't change the subject. You've taken aim at one group without acknowledging the role of the other.

It was very obvious early on to the mods of that forum that if they didn't create a separate forum, that endless discussion between the 5 supporters and thousands of haters would have dwarfed the main board. Even you can understand they were right to do it in order to keep primarily Jets-related threads at the top of their main board. They HAD to do it... whether it were the supporters or haters drove the traffic, it was simply too great for the proper function of a non-Tebow football board. The end-result numbers of that traffic fully justified the move. Doesn't matter who drove the traffic. It happened.

That's why I said, there are a few threads here with big traffic, but it's low-key compared to elsewhere. And that's a credit to both the mods and the posters.

Well then God shouldn't have chosen Tebow as his human quarterback form. LOL

AND PS God, you may be god and all but your throwing mechanics stink! ;)

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back