PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp (Day Five, Tuesday July 30)

What do you guys make of the Nick McDonald cut? A little surprised that he has been cut this early considering that he was one of the 3 offensive line reserves from last year.

Looks like the evaluation process is starting to dwindle down the number of guys on the 90-man roster. Do you guys think that the Pats are going to sign anyone to fill the other spot not filled by another Rutgers player?

Failed a physical. If he clears waivers, he'll end up on IR.

It was very obvious early on to the mods of that forum that if they didn't create a separate forum, that endless discussion between the 5 supporters and thousands of haters would have dwarfed the main board. Even you can understand they were right to do it in order to keep primarily Jets-related threads at the top of their main board. They HAD to do it... whether it were the supporters or haters drove the traffic, it was simply too great for the proper function of a non-Tebow football board. The end-result numbers of that traffic fully justified the move. Doesn't matter who drove the traffic. It happened.

That's why I said, there are a few threads here with big traffic, but it's low-key compared to elsewhere. And that's a credit to both the mods and the posters.

Really >? They HAD to do it ? Funny, I was a member at JetsInsider for the entire year and they NEVER had a separate Tebow forum and they NEVER had the kind of troubles that you are talking about.

The Sewer that is GangGreen set themselves up for trouble right from the start and a number of the Mods were complicit in what went on there.

Well then God shouldn't have chosen Tebow as his human quarterback form. LOL

AND PS God, you may be god and all but your throwing mechanics stink! ;)

40212513.jpg

Don't change the subject. You've taken aim at one group without acknowledging the role of the other.

Just out of curiosity, browsing through this thread, where would you say that it got derailed in your opinion? Is there a specific post that appears to be the starting point?

Hahahaha, oh, man, that made me laugh.

Wrong as can be, but funny none the less :)

If it was true, it would definitely be some eye-opening life-changing event like on a red pill vs. blue pill level. lol

This place is funny. I'm a Patriots fan supporting a Patriots player and by the sounds of it I'm in the wrong. Incredible.

Don't change the subject. You've taken aim at one group without acknowledging the role of the other.

I didn't change the subject, at all, and your post is way off base. You know my posting here well enough to know that I don't give a rat's ass about sides at Patsfans.com.

There were two or three posted by someone who clearly doesn't like Tebow and probably cherry picked the bad ones.

Why do I read that and think of the term "Low Hanging Fruit"?

Really >? They HAD to do it ? Funny, I was a member at JetsInsider for the entire year and they NEVER had a separate Tebow forum and they NEVER had the kind of troubles that you are talking about.

The Sewer that is GangGreen set themselves up for trouble right from the start and a number of the Mods were complicit in what went on there.

Relax. I was talking about TGG. I don't care about enough to get into details about Jets boards, but I don't think they were complicit in thousands upon thousands of Tebow-related posts that were coming their way.

JI is a cesspool of crap. Wasn't dealing with them.

But some Tebow-followers who travel from board to board like aliens pretend the "battle" on their boards isn't a big deal because only 5-10 of you fly over... you forget the thousands of "earthlings" who battle you back, and create serious forum posting carnage. It happens, and the post counts prove it.

Wow - it is really unbelievable what people say and what is ignored on this website.

Ausbacker - you are spot on.

It is truly amazing to me how many around here ignore empirical evidence to fit their own claims that they feel is the truth.

It is clear who is biased on this thread and on this website.

I won't be a part of it anymore. See you guys when the regular season starts.

Sure, you are just a concerned citizen. that's all

Oh and by the way - this is where the thread derailed.

See the Patsfans.com regulars when the regular season starts and when hopefully this Tim Tebow stuff blows over because this is just out of hand for a guy with a career 47.9% passing completion percentage who led the NFL in 3 and outs and tied for fumbles.

Source: http://www.sportingcharts.com

That is not a guy that should be a starting quarterback in the NFL nevermind on this team and the Patriots shouldn't waste a roster spot on someone for development purposes.

No quarterback with those stats, regardless what their team did won-loss wise, is a quarterback that I would want on the field for the sake of my defense having to log 35-40 minutes a game.

Just out of curiosity, browsing through this thread, where would you say that it got derailed in your opinion? Is there a specific post that appears to be the starting point?
Teblows closely followed by zealots.

I didn't change the subject, at all, and your post is way off base. You know my posting here well enough to know that I don't give a rat's ass about sides at Patsfans.com.
I do, thus my surprise at your open derision of the anti-Tebow crew knowing the pro-Tebow crew are stoking the fire. Further to that point, you've openly stated that it's great to have conflicting reports of player performances giving your own TC observations a head start. With that in mind, citing a pro-Tebow training report whilst conveniently overlooking anti-Tebow training reports is (disingenuous) disconcerting.

For your record, I'm somewhere in the middle. I'm not a personal fan of the decision to sign Tebow but I'm supporting him because he's a Patriots player.

Relax. I was talking about TGG. I don't care about enough to get into details about Jets boards, but I don't think they were complicit in thousands upon thousands of Tebow-related posts that were coming their way.

JI is a cesspool of crap. Wasn't dealing with them.

But some Tebow-followers who travel from board to board like aliens pretend the "battle" on their boards isn't a big deal because only 5-10 of you fly over... you forget the thousands of "earthlings" who battle you back, and create serious forum posting carnage. It happens, and the post counts prove it.

Salva, you were taking the position that GGF HAD to create a separate forum to save them from the roving bands of Tebowites.

I pointed out that JI didn't make a separate forum and things were fine there. JI might be a sewer, but it's a much nicer sewer than GGF is.

Here, there aren't "thousands of earthlings" battling us back. I have yet to see a Tebow supporter make an outlandish claim here on the forum, so what exactly are those "thousands of earthlings" battling ?

What I have seen are a couple of posters here saying some really dumb things and I've also seen resident Pats fans smacking them around pointing out just how silly they are being.

I do, thus my surprise at your open derision of the anti-Tebow crew knowing the pro-Tebow crew is a stoking the fire. Further to that point, you've openly stated that it's great to have conflicting reports of player performances giving your own TC observations a head start. With that in mind, citing a pro-Tebow training report whilst conveniently overlooking anti-Tebow training reports is disingenuous.

For your record, I'm somewhere in the middle. I'm not a personal fan of the decision to sign Tebow but I'm supporting him because he's a Patriots player.

I'd like to be, but it's difficult. Tebow is arguably the most polarizing player in modern NFL history.

I do, thus my surprise at your open derision of the anti-Tebow crew knowing the pro-Tebow crew is a stoking the fire. Further to that point, you've openly stated that it's great to have conflicting reports of player performances giving your own TC observations a head start. With that in mind, citing a pro-Tebow training report whilst conveniently overlooking anti-Tebow training reports is disingenuous.

1.) Your definition of disingenuous needs a little work.

2.) The anti-Tebow zealots have been a pain in the ass since day one. They have done precisely what they were *****ing that the Tebowmaniacs would do. This site has enough problems right now, with the homers acting like a bunch of Ray Rays hell bent on ruining the place. It doesn't need a bunch of idiots attacking the 3rd string quarterback or his supporters just because they have gotten their panties in a bunch over the fact that he's here.

Salva, you were taking the position that GGF HAD to create a separate forum to save them from the roving bands of Tebowites.

I pointed out that JI didn't make a separate forum and things were fine there. JI might be a sewer, but it's a much nicer sewer than GGF is.

Here, there aren't "thousands of earthlings" battling us back. I have yet to see a Tebow supporter make an outlandish claim here on the forum, so what exactly are those "thousands of earthlings" battling ?

What I have seen are a couple of posters here saying some really dumb things and I've also seen resident Pats fans smacking them around pointing out just how silly they are being.

Focus on my previous post. JI didn't create a separate forum because they don't have the volume of traffic that TGG does. When a Tebow-follower learns Tebow is a Jet, he's going to TGG first. Hence, the higher traffic.

The "thousands of earthlings" is response to the claim that only a small handful of Tebow-followers come to a board, so it's no big deal. It WAS a big deal over at TGG. There were THOUSANDS of posts about Tebow. Endless threads started by his supporters. They deleted it now, but at least 80 threads over the course of a year for a player who only saw 70 snaps.

How do you explain this? Is it the supporters? Is it the haters? It doesn't even matter. My point is about forum de-railment and the mods over there rightfully made a separate forum to keep a Jets-first forum clean. Maybe the Tebow-supporters and haters used it to take liberty and go off on any and everything they could think of. But I browsed that forum, and it was endless, ugly, and unproductive.

So maybe it's the Jets fans or their mods, I don't know. But I am very glad the conversation is controlled around here to relevant Tebow threads. If I want to find something Pats-related, I don't have to sift.

1.) Your definition of disingenuous needs a little work.

2.) The anti-Tebow zealots have been a pain in the ass since day one. They have done precisely what they were *****ing that the Tebowmaniacs would do. This site has enough problems right now, with the homers acting like a bunch of Ray Rays hell bent on ruining the place. It doesn't need a bunch of idiots attacking the 3rd string quarterback or his supporters just because they have gotten their panties in a bunch over the fact that he's here.
I had disconcerting on my mind and disingenuous came out. Mea culpa.

In regard to your second point, I agree, it was more the fact that you, a noted fence sitter, appeared to take a very public side in favor of one over the other. To me, they are both as annoying as each other.

Oh and by the way - this is where the thread derailed.

See the Patsfans.com regulars when the regular season starts and when hopefully this Tim Tebow stuff blows over because this is just out of hand for a guy with a career 47.9% passing completion percentage who led the NFL in 3 and outs and tied for fumbles.

That is not a guy that should be a starting quarterback in the NFL nevermind on this team and the Patriots shouldn't waste a roster spot on someone for development purposes.

No quarterback with those stats, regardless what their team did won-loss wise, is a quarterback that I would want on the field for the sake of my defense having to log 35-40 minutes a game.

Really ? That's where the thread derailed ? That comment ? Kind of funny seeing how I can't see where anyone responded to that comment or that it caused any kind real exchange.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back