PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Training Camp (Day Five, Tuesday July 30)

Be sure to let us know when he's been covering them long enough to be taken seriously.

How about at least one season.

How about at least one season.

Fair enough. Although, by that logic, you don't know anything about the Patriots, because you've never covered them.

Fair enough. Although, by that logic, you don't know anything about the Patriots, because you've never covered them.

Look, I've followed the Patriots closely for 20+ years, I have season tickets. Benny covered the Dolphins and some of the AFCE in a sense because the Phins were in the AFCE. He just started here in NE and it will take him a while to get a lay of the land, get to know the people, how they work, etc...like any job, he will get better at it..

I bet I have invested a lot more hours studying the Patriots, reading about them, watching them, hearing about them, talking about them than Benny...can you dig it?

Look, I've followed the Patriots closely for 20+ years, I have season tickets. Benny covered the Dolphins and some of the AFCE in a sense because the Phins were in the AFCE. He just started here in NE and it will take him a while to get a lay of the land, get to know the people, how they work, etc...like any job, he will get better at it..

I bet I have invested a lot more hours studying the Patriots, reading about them, watching them, hearing about them, talking about them than Benny...can you dig it?

I'm mostly screwing with you, but the guy's been covering the division for a long time. And now he's covering the Pats, so he has way more access and interest. The amount of time he's been assigned to the team doesn't negate his opinion, especially when his logic is pretty sound.

I'm mostly screwing with you, but the guy's been covering the division for a long time. And now he's covering the Pats, so he has way more access and interest. The amount of time he's been assigned to the team doesn't negate his opinion, especially when his logic is pretty sound.

Yes, but why would the Patriots keep a guy on the roster just to simulate a read option QB? That does not make any sense. They could just hire a "coach" to do that or use Edelman...besides all the read option QBs are way better throwers than Tebow. Nevermind that the Patriots really do not face them very often.....how many do they face this year? How much trouble have they had with them?

Tebow will have to show a lot in preseason to be kept. IMO

Yes, but why would the Patriots keep a guy on the roster just to simulate a read option QB? That does not make any sense. They could just hire a "coach" to do that or use Edelman...besides all the read option QBs are way better throwers than Tebow. Nevermind that the Patriots really do not face them very often.....how many do they face this year? How much trouble have they had with them?

Tebow will have to show a lot in preseason to be kept. IMO

Well, I think that Tebow's going to win a spot based on more than the read option simulation, although that certainly helps. Just a gut feeling, though.

Tebow has to be the most divisive Patriot of all time, all of this for a third string emergency quarterback.. who will be the "scout" quarterback during practice.

If he makes the team...

Where is the Day 6 thread? I want my info in real time.

Thought about starting it, but there's not very much coming out yet. A nice completion on a deep Brady ball by Dobson is all so far.

Thought about starting it, but there's not very much coming out yet. A nice completion on a deep Brady ball by Dobson is all so far.

Maybe a mod can rename the Edelman thread to the Day 6 thread. ...

Edit: or Deus can just start a Day 6 thread. ;)

Hooman and Jamie Collins apparently got into a mini-scrum/staredown. Yay, intensity!

I have a feeling the firsts posts are going to say something like "Dobson looks great out there but on the other hand Tebow throws awful...."

I guess it is just training camp so there's not all that much to report on.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back