PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign Tim Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Tom is Belichick's man, and Tebow is McDaniel's man. If Tebow had been allowed to flame out, McDaniel would forever be that idiot who spent a first round pick on the guy who can't throw. Salvaging Tebow somehow is critical to the name McDaniel wants to make for himself in the NFL. So is the attention he should spend on the Tom and the new receivers going to be fractured as he try to rehab his pet? Hope not. But those of you acting like Tom is totally cool with this mess--or doesn't understand what this means-- must be blind, because he's clearly curt and agitated already with what's happening.

Its hard to believe you are being serious with this post but if you are...then...wow.

I really doubt BB would engage in games like that especially with roster spots at stake.

Belichick may make some bad decisions, but HE makes the decisions.

====================================================

I agree, I was wondering if any one has read or would like to comment on this head line and story I came across on another football message board?

Patriots signed Tebow due to 'spirituality,' owner says

The New England Patriots reportedly signed polarizing quarterback Tim Tebow because of his “spirituality” and great attitude.
Patriots owner Robert Kraft made the admission on Wednesday at a charity event at Gillette Stadium honoring his late wife, filling the void by tight-lipped coach Bill Belichick regarding the team’s surprise decision to sign the quarterback as a backup to Tom Brady.

Read more: Patriots signed Tebow due to 'spirituality,' owner says | Fox News

When it comes to football, Dan Patrick has as much credibility as a paper bag. Seriously, he makes Peter King look like Paul Brown.

He wasn't offering a football analysis at all, he was discussing the fact that reporters, getting no info on the Tebow watch, are fleeing Foxboro in droves.

I agree, I was wondering if any one has read or would like to comment on this head line and story I came across on another football message board?

Ha ha ha ha. What a gross mischaracterization of what Kraft said. The media completely invented the 'because' aspect of things by willfully ignoring the fact that Kraft was discussing what Tebow is to him "personally". Which means, you know, on a personal level, not a football or business level. Kraft is a spiritual guy but doesn't sign football players because of it. Otherwise the Patriots would be a team of nuns.

This is a good example of basically lying in print and not being held accountable for it. LOL!

Its hard to believe you are being serious with this post but if you are...then...wow.

I really doubt BB would engage in games like that especially with roster spots at stake.

You're saying you think McDaniel didn't lobby BB to get Tebow here, and that he is, is a just a big coincidence?

You're saying you think McDaniel didn't lobby BB to get Tebow here, and that he is, is a just a big coincidence?

Yeah, McDaniels definitely is an influence here considering he (over)drafted the guy. BB obviously has veto power and might possibly have signed him without talking to Josh but the evidence leans the other way....

Agreed. Tom is Belichick's man, and Tebow is McDaniel's man. If Tebow had been allowed to flame out, McDaniel would forever be that idiot who spent a first round pick on the guy who can't throw. Salvaging Tebow somehow is critical to the name McDaniel wants to make for himself in the NFL. So is the attention he should spend on the Tom and the new receivers going to be fractured as he try to rehab his pet? Hope not. But those of you acting like Tom is totally cool with this mess--or doesn't understand what this means-- must be blind, because he's clearly curt and agitated already with what's happening.

McDaniels has more to prove than just the horrible Tebow pick. Lost his last 20 games in Denver, then led the worst offense in the entire league in St Louis. Also many many horrible trades, remember him trading for Maroney to Denver (or drafting Maroney in the first place too)? Alphonso Smith, Scheffler, Peyton Hillis, ran Nolan out of town.

Belichick isn't a dictator, McDaniels is calling a lot of the shots or strongly suggesting multiple moves that end up happening. The past 2 years the Pats have brought in almost a dozen ex Rams and Broncos, HIS guys.

http://www.joshmcdanielssucks.com/timeline/

But hey, to some people around here who for years have thought that Brady walks on water and IS the Franchise, all the sudden what Brady thinks or does is now somehow completely irrelevant.

Josh seems to have Belichick snowed and we're beginning of the post-Brady/BB transition take place. It's obvious now that McD has been the "coach in waiting" for the NE Patriots. If the Pats win another Super Bowl in the next couple of years then the plan will go on without a hitch. Only problem is, unlike in the past it appears that the organization is sort of flailing right now, at least on the surface.

Why would the GOAT QB give a damn or a second thought about who's playing the role of 3rd string quarterback?

As Brady himself stated "I don't worry about too much these days..."

The guy is worth hundreds of millions. He and his wife are literally worth over a billion dollars. They have every single thing in the world that they want at any given time in any given day. They are arguably the world's biggest power couple, maybe aside from Jay-Z and Beyonce. Both are good looking model types who excel at being at the top of their professions. And yet some claim that Brady is going to be "annoyed" or "upset" about signing Tim Tebow to play 3rd string QB? To me that's almost laughable.

I think you're giving a little too much credit to Tim Tebow in this regard, not to mention Josh McDaniels. Belichick is either due for a contract extension this year, or has already agreed to an extension, which is the likely story judging by his end of yr media address and comments. He isn't going anywhere. The idea that McDaniels is going to sit around and wait for another full term of a Belichick deal is open to much debate, let alone the idea that Belichick suddenly doesn't have the final say or control over his team. It's all his team. McDaniels is actually lucky to have this opportunity to get his coaching career back on track, or he'd be out of football altogether after his failed attempts both as HC and OC in other cities.

McDaniels has more to prove than just the horrible Tebow pick. Lost his last 20 games in Denver, then led the worst offense in the entire league in St Louis. Also many many horrible trades, remember him trading for Maroney to Denver (or drafting Maroney in the first place too)? Alphonso Smith, Scheffler, Peyton Hillis, ran Nolan out of town.

Exactly. This idea that everything is set up perfectly to have JMcD step in and take over the greatest team in the NFL in the last 20 yrs is laughable to me.

What exactly is this opinion based off of? McDaniels failed miserably both as a HC and as an OC before Belichick offered him the opportunity to come back here and attempt to get his career back on track. Why does everyone instantly run and jump on a misconception that equates to him being the "obvious choice" as the coach in waiting?

It's one thing for McDaniels not to run out on the first coaching opportunity he received one measly year later (which would have been tremendously disrespectful and shortsighted), but it's something totally different for him to pass up many other opportunities between now and the next couple/few yrs.

To buy into the whole "McDaniels is here to stay permanently" aspect, one would have to believe that there's some hints of Belichick wanting to end his career in the next handful of yrs, and I haven't seen or heard anything like that. All accounts point to him absolutely loving every minute of his life as a head coach (and G.M.) for this team, not to mention the new deal he'll get that will make him professional sports top paid HC again.

To each his own, but I'm not sold on the fact that Belichick is leaving OR that McDaniels would be the "obvious choice" to replace him on any level. At this point in time, JMcD couldn't hold Bill Belichick's jockstrap let alone his clipboard. What the hell has he proven to make everyone jump to this conclusion?

Exactly. This idea that everything is set up perfectly to have JMcD step in and take over the greatest team in the NFL in the last 20 yrs is laughable to me.

What exactly is this opinion based off of? McDaniels failed miserably both as a HC and as an OC before Belichick offered him the opportunity to come back here and attempt to get his career back on track. Why does everyone instantly run and jump on a misconception that equates to him being the "obvious choice" as the coach in waiting?

It's not entirely incorrect to say that Belichick, too, failed at his first HC gig, and then had to wander in the desert until he got a second chance.

Thing is Tebow last performance that he really played, all he did was lead an average team to the playoffs. Forget about how he did it.

From my living room couch, I led the New England Patriots to 3 Super Bowl wins in the early millenium. Forget about how I did it.

From my living room couch, I led the New England Patriots to 3 Super Bowl wins in the early millenium. Forget about how I did it.

You're now equating having your ass on a coach or watching from the stadium seats with being under center as the starting QB and actually playing the games.

Even for you, that's one hell of a weak troll attempt.

It's not entirely incorrect to say that Belichick, too, failed at his first HC gig, and then had to wander in the desert until he got a second chance.

Not even close. Belichick won 11 games with a horrible Cleveland team, took them to the playoffs even beating the Pats that season in the playoffs I recall. Then he had one of the worst owner moves ever moving from Cleveland to Baltimore and getting the rug pulled out from him, an impossible coaching situation. Completely revitalized a terrible Jets team on defense. Belichick also won 2 championship rings as a coordinator before this, including stopping the Bills which is a gameplan in the hall of fame.

So, even before New England Belichick put together accomplishments not even close to McDaniels. They are galaxies apart from each other in terms of talent, intelligence, background, and achievements before their 2nd chance.

Yeah, McDaniels definitely is an influence here considering he (over)drafted the guy. BB obviously has veto power and might possibly have signed him without talking to Josh but the evidence leans the other way....

The evidence is BB signed a 3rd string QB.

Wow. You need to pay a lot less attention to a 3rd string QB who has about a 1% chance of taking a meaningful snap for this team.

It's one thing for McDaniels not to run out on the first coaching opportunity he received one measly year later (which would have been tremendously disrespectful and shortsighted), but it's something totally different for him to pass up many other opportunities between now and the next couple/few yrs.

To buy into the whole "McDaniels is here to stay permanently" aspect, one would have to believe that there's some hints of Belichick wanting to end his career in the next handful of yrs, and I haven't seen or heard anything like that. All accounts point to him absolutely loving every minute of his life as a head coach (and G.M.) for this team, not to mention the new deal he'll get that will make him professional sports top paid HC again.

To each his own, but I'm not sold on the fact that Belichick is leaving OR that McDaniels would be the "obvious choice" to replace him on any level. At this point in time, JMcD couldn't hold Bill Belichick's jockstrap let alone his clipboard. What the hell has he proven to make everyone jump to this conclusion?
For what it's worth, I don't feel comfortable in the notion that Josh McDaniels is being groomed to replace Bill Belichick. I'd prefer someone else, preferably from outside of the organization.

For what it's worth, I don't feel comfortable in the notion that Josh McDaniels is being groomed to replace Bill Belichick. I'd prefer someone else, preferably from outside of the organization.

There is no real evidence that this is happening.
However, when BB moves on, I would hope we replace him with a BB trained coach (and hopefully BB kicks up to the front office for a few years)

yeah...I'll comment...YOU are gonna get a real close up, first hand look at the "spiritual" if I get MY hands on ya'....
Machine%20Gun%20Smiley.gif

I am saying it was a mutual pick up. BB is the one that had dinner with Tebow before the draft and was rumored to be getting him in the 2nd round when McDaniel drafted him.

Now Tebow is a 3rd string QB that if he makes the roster might do something else down the road like Edelman.

This is really being over analyzed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back