PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Sign Tim Tebow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ding ding ding....we have a winner.......good post....

Tebow might believe that Jesus lived at the time of the dinosaurs. And people say he brings the (media) circus to town, but that's not the way it is or will be with the Pats. I care not.

Tebow plays hard, hates to lose, has good football character, has monster quads, and finds ways to win.

It's definitely worth a spot to see what he can do and whether there can possibly be a place for him.

Over/under days 'till he gets cut?!?? 4 too much?!?:rolleyes:

put down the crack pipe and step away from that plate of mushrooms son!!!!! :p)

I didn't know Tim Tebow played at Rutgers.

He's a better QB than Kafka, which means the team is ever so slightly improved. Coaches live for tiny improvements.

Having a big backup QB with a Heisman and a playoff win against the Steelers isn't the worst thing in the world.

I think the "favor" to Urban Meyer/Tebow angle isn't totally farfetched.

mike freeman ‏@realfreemancbs 1h

GM believes Tebow works on throwing motion with Pats. If better/consistent Tebow stays. If not Tebow goes to another team with Pats cred

mike freeman ‏@realfreemancbs 1h

NFC GM to me: "Belichick signed Tebow as a favor to Tebow because he likes the guy. Tebow won't be there by end of training camp."

McDaniels gets another chance to work with him and see what he still has left, and if he shows no improvement or value to the team by the end of TC, he'll be gone. A total flyer move that benefits both sides.

Belichick has no problem doing someone a favor, but he is always about winning before anything else. If he brought him in, he thinks there's at least a chance that Tebow can help our team somehow this year. We also know he hates anything that puts an individual above the team, so he wouldn't have done this unless he really believed Tebow was going to help.

I really doubt he gets cut. He'll likely stay for the year as a backup that can play multiple positions and sell some jerseys for Kraft and be a low risk high reward type project to work on.

I haven't checked yet. But I'm sure Skip has probably peed himself in happiness for this.

This site is about to explode. Wonder how we will use him. He seems like a good athlete but I don't see him making the roster at any position.

He'll be the Practice Squad QB for 2 years, then the Pats will see if they re-sign Mallet or not after the 2014 season.

Re: Reaction around the web on Tebow signing

I think this is Belichick's 52nd "desperation" move in the last three years. Seems that every move they have made in the last few years have been a Hail Mary attempt to save this team from being one and done in the playoffs.

BTW, according to Walker, the Pats might as well not play the season and Belichick and Brady should just retire:

This is yet another sign that New England’s run of Super Bowl appearances and NFL dominance is coming to an end. Future Hall of Fame quarterback Tom Brady and coach Bill Belichick have made it to five Super Bowls -- winning three. But it looks more and more like last year may have been the Belichick/Brady-era Patriots’ final shot to win a fourth championship when they lost at home to the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC title game.

To put it bluntly, New England simply is not good enough to win a Super Bowl this year.

Nothing better than sensational journalism.

I'm convinced Walker is just tired of the AFC East beat where he has to write endless stories on how good the Pats are and how crappy the rest of the teams in the division are.

Belichick has no problem doing someone a favor, but he is always about winning before anything else. If he brought him in, he thinks there's at least a chance that Tebow can help our team somehow this year. We also know he hates anything that puts an individual above the team, so he wouldn't have done this unless he really believed Tebow was going to help.

I really doubt he gets cut. He'll likely stay for the year as a backup that can play multiple positions and sell some jerseys for Kraft and be a low risk high reward type project to work on.

I haven't checked yet. But I'm sure Skip has probably peed himself in happiness for this.

I don't doubt that, but I don't see BB having any problem at all cutting him by the end of TC if he isn't showing anything. He isn't on the 53 yet, he's (a very high profile) TC fodder. And Belichick does make some roster decisions with sentiment in mind, hence the string of UDFA Navy guys he's brought in to TC.

Do the fanbase a favor and delete the link and just post the summary.

He doesn't deserve the traffic.

He'll be the Practice Squad QB for 2 years, then the Pats will see if they re-sign Mallet or not after the 2014 season.

not eligible for PS, too much time as an active NFL player

Reaction from around the web? You mean reaction from 1 dbag hater...

You know it is an upside down world when the most rational journalist on the Tebow thing may be Mike Florio. His articles have been surprisingly fair.

Why is it not that Tebow is just replacing the 3rd string QB. Period.
PATS need passers for TC. He has experience and brings a dimension
that Kafka doesn't have.

Also, Tebow will be great for a scout team when PATS prepare for teams with dual threat QBs. With the way the league is going this is more of a
concern these days. He's a football player who loves to play and will add to
the character this team is noted for.
Plus Tim gets a lot of good experience and maybe a shot at starting QB next year with some team because of his time with the PATs.

There doesn't have to be special Tebow plays for Tim to be of value to the
PATS.

the point is...this is all MOOT...yes, there's positives...yes, there's negatives...WHAT DOES IT MATTER????....what it really is ...is what it's always been...a Chosen Circus...

it's day one of this....DAY ONE....gee, wonder what new takes are out there already???

Tim-Tebow-Rob-Gronkowski-Love.png

yeah...it's all gonna just die down...sure...of course...wait...what's that clamoring crowd noise???????????????? well, blow me down!!!

20120819_023800_on20-clownbig.jpg

Why is it not that Tebow is just replacing the 3rd string QB. Period.

Agreed! That is all this is. An upgrade in a position which is what the pats do every season in every position. Everyone else is turning it into a circus. A circus that self perpetuates itself into a larger circus.

Some posters here should just stop thinking. Its bringing down the image of the human race.:rolleyes:

You know it is an upside down world when the most rational journalist on the Tebow thing may be Mike Florio. His articles have been surprisingly fair.
It's actually frightening.

did the pats carry 3 qbs last yr ? if not, do they seriously consider replacing mallet ? Just kicking the tires i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST