PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign ILB Paris Lenon [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: LB Paris Lenon Close to Agreement w/ Patriots

Are you serious?

I wondered that too then thought maybe I'd misread who he was referring to, Bru or Lenon?

I wondered that too then thought maybe I'd misread who he was referring to, Bru or Lenon?

Lenon, I hope we will never "cut" Bruschi.

As a heart attack...We had big questions at CB last season and Cut Fernando Bryant, what makes Lenon sitiuation diffrent? Right now I belive he will be cut in camp. The man is 31 years old, I thought we were trying to get younger and faster?

Did Bryant lead his team in tackles the previous season?

Lenon is a great STer. I think thats how he will make the roster if not he might just be competition in training camp!!

Last edited:
Last edited:
All I gotta say is that Lenon needs like another 100 pages of posts, to be considered in the same league as the great Adam Seward. Until then, meh...:D

Hey Bro, Just wondering how many years it has been that you have been saying Bruschi cant play anymore? it has been at least 3 years huh?

TB was far and away the weakest player on the defensive side of the ball getting regular snaps last year. Only Colvin was in the same wretched area. Don't let your love for TB blind you to the fact that he's done. Even Seau was better last year.

I met TB, I was in Mass General the same time as him for open heart surgery and we met and talked. A great guy. One of my favorite Pats of all time going back to 1966, but he is cooked. I hope he retires to coaching during camp.

Anyone that thinks Lenon will be cut is way off.

As a heart attack...We had big questions at CB last season and Cut Fernando Bryant, what makes Lenon sitiuation diffrent? Right now I belive he will be cut in camp. The man is 31 years old, I thought we were trying to get younger and faster?

When you are looking for a stop gap player, 31 isn't overly old. The Pats have a ton of FA's after '09, they can reshape the team then, and after '12 when another pile go FA.

You guys are really being harsh on Brushci's performance the past few years..... I think he has played good the past few years, certainly not what he was in his prime but still very good and much better than the liabilty you guys are calling him. And since he keeps making this team someone else agrees.

Not in the least. He actually came back OK after the surgery, not the same, but usable. He was figgin awful last year, really sucked. How anyone can say otherwise makes me question what they know about the game.

And BTW, what's all this love for Pissa? The guy plays between 215 and 220, and is going to cost actual money, forget about him.

Last edited:

When you are looking for a stop gap player, 31 isn't overly old. The Pats have a ton of FA's after '09, they can reshape the team then, and after '12 when another pile go FA.

From what Ive heard he isn't a run stopper. Ive heard that he is good in coverage but why not have a faster, younger Gary Guyton play on passing downs? I think the only thing he really brings to this team is depth and ST play. I am not convinced that he wont be cut in training camp.

You guys are really being harsh on Brushci's performance the past few years..... I think he has played good the past few years, certainly not what he was in his prime but still very good and much better than the liabilty you guys are calling him. And since he keeps making this team someone else agrees.
I tend to agree...NO he's not making the big plays in the same 'bam bam way' as a few years ago..that is obvious.... BUT he does make some big plays in a smaller way. I mean he did lead the team in tackles two years ago...even though so many down that stat..SOMEONE made those tackles..one slower but wiser...and tackling better than others I have seen. His role is diminishing but still not as bad as some see it. Maybe this is his last hurrah...I only hope he goes out on top...with an outstanding career!!

Last edited:

I tend to agree...NO he's not making the big plays in the same 'bam bam way' as a few years ago..that is obvious.... BUT he does make some big plays in a smaller way. I mean he did lead the team in tackles two years ago...even though so many down that stat..SOMEONE made those tackles..one slower but wiser...and tackling better than others I have seen. His role is diminishing but still not as bad as some see it. Maybe this is his last hurrah...I only hope he goes out on top...with an outstanding career!!

Like holding the Lombardi Trophy in Miami:D

Re: Linebacker Paris Lenon joins Patriots

Lenon also played for GB btw :bricks:

Anyway his former Lions coach has some pretty good insights on Lenon:
Christopher Price | Newest Patriot linebacker Lenon 'a real pro'

Chris posted this in another thread but it's worth reposting here :)

Some I liked:
“You’re always looking for someone to beat him out, and he ends up playing,” said Detroit assistant coach Phil Snow, who worked with Lenon the last three seasons as the Lions’ linebackers coach. “He was that was in Green Bay, and he was that way with us. He’s a real pro, and I think the Patriots will really like him.”

Snow -- the uncle of Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia -- says that even during last year’s 0-16 season, Lenon was a positive influence in the locker room, a professional at all times who was always working to get better.

“I think he’ll fit in good there -- Paris is a real pro,” Snow said. “He works all offseason on his conditioning. He’s in the building all day. He’s a tough guy and the players love him. He gets along with his teammates.

All I gotta say is that Lenon needs like another 100 pages of posts, to be considered in the same league as the great Adam Seward. Until then, meh...:D
He's got a shot given that the Pats don't play the Bills for another thirteen weeks.

From what I've heard he isn't a run stopper. I've heard that he is good in coverage but why not have a faster, younger Gary Guyton play on passing downs? I think the only thing he really brings to this team is depth and ST play. I am not convinced that he wont be cut in training camp.

I don't know that he will/should be cut in training camp. Let's see what he brings to the table; besides, who else would the Pats be better off with as their fourth ILB?

I think at this point -- if everyone is healthy -- it's realistic to expect Lenon challenge Guyton for playing time on passing downs. He might be an every down linebacker in a pinch -- that is, if something happens to Bruschi -- but right now, his strength appears to be in pass defense.

One other thing -- one thing that really struck me after talking with Snow is that Lenon always seems to find his way into the lineup. Folks always seem to underestimate him, but he seems to be the last man standing. That kind of perseverance could serve him well in New England.

yep thats how I see it.

I see someone always in position....and as good a year as Mayo had (and he has the athletic ability to make up for it) I saw him out of position many a times. Keep his snaps down and Bru is still effective.

Last edited:
Man.....Lenon's taking a beating on here. But I'm asking why? We weren't trying acquire Ray Lewis here. We needed ILB depth. Got it. More ST help. Got it.

120 tackles...even on the 2008 lions is pretty damn good. Look at it this way. The Lions D-line was pretty awful. He probably had to shed a lot of second level blocking by o-lineman busting through the line of scrimmage to make those tackles.

We all wanted names like Peppers or Taylor somewhere on our team this year and this seems anticlimactic but give the dude a chance.

He had 42 total tackles in his last 4 games.....16 against Indy. The dude did not give up on his team in the most horrible season imaginable.

The Monty Beisel comparison is just plain stupid. Beisel was an underachiever who never had more than 54 tackles in ANY of his NFL seasons.

I hope the dude lights it up for us this season so all you experts can start using his picture as an avatar.

what if I were to tell you that detroit faced 25% more tackle opps than league average?

how would his 80 solos as 3 down 4-3 mlb stack up then?
how about transitioning to the 3-4....?

'09 hobson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case