PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots sign ILB Paris Lenon [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Linebacker Paris Lenon joins Patriots

I wish we could sign a defensive player from a team that won a freaking game last season.

BB seems to like these Lions rejects - That scares me a little

I hope we don't have a bunch of Duane Starks or Monty Beisels roaming the second and third layers of defense this year.

Last edited:

Lenon is our #4 ILB. He could get cut, if he is aweful, and Appleby steps up, but this scenario seems unlikely. I do understand that this happened last year with Hobson and Guyton.

Yeah, it's basically Paris. vs. Appleby for the #4 ILB spot. You knew BB wasn't going to go into TC with an UDFA basically handed a spot on the 53. Paris has been brought on for competition at this point, nothing more.

I would love to see a 4-3 in preseason with Wilfork,Brace,Seymour and Warren

Pick your 3 LB's here... Mayo, Thomas and ????? Lenon? Woods? TBC?

Re: LB Paris Lenon Close to Agreement w/ Patriots

At this point in his career, Bruschi is likely the worst starter on defense.

Age is rapidly catching up on Bruschi. He will be 36 in a couple

of weeks. I think he will see reduced playing time this year and

retire after the season.

Soon to be cut. Wish it was a guy we passed on twice, Rey Maualuga

Go figure, the Pats past on a small, dumb LB who seems to rely on his speed over his brains. From what I know of Maualuga, the guy isn't a fit for the the Pats' defense. Why select a guy who will probably fail as a draft pick? Because he is highly touted?

BTW, Maualuga could shape up to be another in a long line of predraft hyped draft picks that fall like stones on draft day and Cincy get kudos for picking them up only to find out there was a reason why they dropped like stones. See Odell Thurman (a guy I was high on), Kelley Washington, Frostee Rucker, Chris Henry).

Last edited:

Go figure, the Pats past on a small, dumb LB who seems to rely on his speed over his brains. From what I know of Maualuga, the guy isn't a fit for the the Pats' defense. Why select a guy who will probably fail as a draft pick? Because he is highly touted?

While I do not value an unproven draft pick, I must say for the two interviews yesterday between Tinoisamoa and Lenon and for the team to pick Lenon between the two looks right now to be a bit dissapointing - Tinoisamoa I am sure has a bigger $$$ demand and will likely hurt the cap more,otherwise it would be an easier than pie pick between these two LBs.

Looks like Pisa will be either a Chicago Bear or a Buffalo Bill

Last edited:

I wish we could sign a defensive player from a team that won a freaking game last season.

BB seems to like these Lions rejects - That scares me a little

i agree, but im no expert so im just gonna wait and see what happens...............better then looking at their rateings in madden like i use 2

While I do not value an unproven draft pick, I must say for the two interviews yesterday between Tinoisamoa and Lenon and for the team to pick Lenon between the two looks right now to be a bit dissapointing - Tinoisamoa I am sure has a bigger $$$ demand and will likely hurt the cap more,otherwise it would be an easier than pie pick between these two LBs.

Looks like Pisa will be either a Chicago Bear or a Buffalo Bill

I think Lenon was the right choice even if Tinoisamoa asked for the same salary. Lenon seems to be a better fit for the Pats' system. Tinoisamoa is a better fit for a 4-3, Tampa 2 defense that requires speed over read and react ability. Lenon from what I know of the two is a better fit for a two-gap, read and react defense like the Pats run.

If Pisa was smart he would pick Chicago over Buffalo or the Patriots, the Bears run a Tampa 2 and he is a far better fit there than here. My guess is that he won't make much more than Lenon either. He doesn't seem to be the hot commodity that you and other think he is.

Last edited:

Hey Bro, Just wondering how many years it has been that you have been saying Bruschi cant play anymore? it has been at least 3 years huh?

And for 3 years, Bruschi has been a liability. He's probably the worst player on the team at this point. Love the guy, but his time is passed.

retire after the season.

Bruschi's been toast ever since he came back from his stroke.

I agree. Bruschi did have reduced playing time last year; it will be further reduced in this, his last, year.

I agree with previous poster, that Bruschi (or whoever we start at ILB) will be the weakest starter on our defense (indeed on the entire team).

As was the case with Hobson last year, Lenon could start, be an OK backup, be a relatively poor backup, or not even make the team. All are possible give the weakness at ILB, yet again.

retire after the season.

I agree. Bruschi did have reduced playing time last year; it will be further reduced in this, his last, year.

I agree with previous poster, that Bruschi (or whoever we start at ILB) will be the weakest starter on our defense (indeed on the entire team).

As was the case with Hobson last year, Lenon could start, be an OK backup, be a relatively poor backup, or not even make the team. All are possible give the weakness at ILB, yet again.

Which isn't the worst thing in the world, considering most nickel and dime packages don't require a second ILB, and we always mix in some 4-3 now and again depending on situation. If your worst starter is only playing 50% of the snaps, you're doing alright.

Bruschi has been more of a liability than a playmaker for the past 2 years, IMHO. He's been a great player but his time is over - it happens to everyone at some point. If he has to play more than a third of the defensive snaps this year, the Pats are going to be in trouble on that side of the ball.

Bruschi has been more of a liability than a playmaker for the past 2 years, IMHO. He's been a great player but his time is over - it happens to everyone at some point. If he has to play more than a third of the defensive snaps this year, the Pats are going to be in trouble on that side of the ball.

As expected folks are over reacting to Bruschi's deteriorating skills. Absolutely, he is no longer been the notable clutch PLAYMAKER he was in his heyday. Conversely, he is not the "worst player on the team" or a "liability". What he is is a more than servicable backup, sometimes forced to start.

You guys are really being harsh on Brushci's performance the past few years..... I think he has played good the past few years, certainly not what he was in his prime but still very good and much better than the liabilty you guys are calling him. And since he keeps making this team someone else agrees.

You guys are really being harsh on Brushci's performance the past few years..... I think he has played good the past few years, certainly not what he was in his prime but still very good and much better than the liabilty you guys are calling him. And since he keeps making this team someone else agrees.

Yeah, at this point everybody here is expecting him to put on a show and that's not happening at his age. Right now he adds leadership, experience, and solid depth to a team laking depth inside right now. I hate to be pessimistic but I cant help but see another Hobson/Lynch/Bryant. I mean we need the depth right now but I just cant see him making the team let alone pushing for snaps against Guyton who is younger, faster, and has a years worth of experience in the system.

Yeah, at this point everybody here is expecting him to put on a show and that's not happening at his age. Right now he adds leadership, experience, and solid depth to a team laking depth inside right now. I hate to be pessimistic but I cant help but see another Hobson/Lynch/Bryant. I mean we need the depth right now but I just cant see him making the team let alone pushing for snaps against Guyton who is younger, faster, and has a years worth of experience in the system.

Are you serious?

Are you serious?

As a heart attack...We had big questions at CB last season and Cut Fernando Bryant, what makes Lenon sitiuation diffrent? Right now I belive he will be cut in camp. The man is 31 years old, I thought we were trying to get younger and faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back