PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots interested in Vincent Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
@RapSheet: Vincent Jackson still generating trade interest. Among the more than 4 teams calling around: Eagles, Pats, Seahawks. Bucs want real value

@InsideNFLMedia: .@RapSheet: "Bucs would be willing to trade Vincent Jackson for the right price. What would that be? A second round pick."

Once, Darrelle Revis with a Flying Elvis on the side of his helmet was a pie-in-the-sky scenario. Get it done Bill.

A second round pick is too much for Jackson because if he doesn't redo his deal, he is a half a year rental. And his numbers are declining and I am not sure if it is the QB or his age or both.

A second round pick is too much for Jackson because if he doesn't redo his deal, he is a half a year rental. And his numbers are declining and I am not sure if it is the QB or his age or both.
78 receptions, 1,224 yards, 15.7 ypc and 7 TDs in 2013. The problem is Lovie Smith not V-Jax.

2nd rounder is too much

Would they even want Amendola? + their original 4th rounder?

Is 9.7 million even a lot for a legit #1 WR?

V-Jax is the youngest/has the most left in the tank compared to A. Johnson or Fitzgerald.

We could offer our 3rd and the Bucs 4th, as we would still have Talib's compensatory 3rd and our own 4th anyway.

A second round pick is steep, IMO.​

78 receptions, 1,224 yards, 15.7 ypc and 7 TDs in 2013. The problem is Lovie Smith not V-Jax.

It may be, but with WRs it is tough to tell. Many of them hit the age wall hard and fast. I would say Smith and the QB situation is a big factor, but I still wonder if he is still a 1,200/1,300 yard receiver. And can he pick up the Pats' system fast enough.

I am not against trading for him, but a second is a lot of money for a guy who might play eight regular season games for this team.

I would do a 3rd at the most, then hope Jackson has enough success and loves NE enough (and loves actually going to the playoffs enough) that he restructures in the offseason.

It may be, but with WRs it is tough to tell. Many of them hit the age wall hard and fast. I would say Smith and the QB situation is a big factor, but I still wonder if he is still a 1,200/1,300 yard receiver. And can he pick up the Pats' system fast enough.

I am not against trading for him, but a second is a lot of money for a guy who might play eight regular season games for this team.
I think V-Jax has plenty left in the tank. As you correctly identified, he would need to rework his contract to make it work in coming years.

Is 9.7 million even a lot for a legit #1 WR?

V-Jax is the youngest/has the most left in the tank compared to A. Johnson or Fitzgerald.

The question is whether he is a legit #1 especially in 2015. Yes, he is younger than Johnson and Fitzgerald, but I don't see either of those guys commanding a second rounder either.

It isn't the player, it is the compensation I have a problem with. Too much unknowns.

Second round pick from NE is going to be late in the second round. For a proven commodity, I don't think it is a steep price to pay.

The question is whether he is a legit #1 especially in 2015. Yes, he is younger than Johnson and Fitzgerald, but I don't see either of those guys commanding a second rounder either.

It isn't the player, it is the compensation I have a problem with. Too much unknowns.

Ok, that's a fair point.

Apparently looking for a RB too, how much extra for them to throw Doug Martin into the deal? :D

Haven't watched much of him this year except the game winning catch against PIT. Has he declined significantly?

Second round pick from NE is going to be late in the second round. For a proven commodity, I don't think it is a steep price to pay.
yes how could we do without a second round pick so we can draft the next tavon wilson or aaron dobson

I would do a 2nd in a heartbeat for a legit #1 like vjax. It would make us stacked on both sodes. Obviously he would have to restructure in the offseason if we hope to retqin him revis and mccourty though

There's no way they're getting a 2nd from anyone.

I don't know too much about this stuff but maybe Amendola + a conditional 3rd or 4th that becomes a 2nd if he performs well?

They won't get a 2nd round pick. 3rd at absolute best. I'd give up our 4th if BB were confident V-Jax can learn our playbook. Also V-Jax numbers project to a 16 game total as 66 catches 917 yds and 5 touchdowns. His numbers aren't really declining that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back