PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots interested in Vincent Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd rounder is too much

Would they even want Amendola? + their original 4th rounder?

That's what I was thinking!

But, throw in a 7th rounder (if we have any)

+10mill for VJax. -6m for DAmen. Sounds ok by me.

for a 2nd? no thanks.
send them a 5th. better than nothing. plus, tampa stink this season.

pretty much say good bye to aaron dobson if jackson arrives.

Bet the Jets are probably sick.

"We just traded for Percy Harvin and freakin V-Jax is available???? Damn it Izdik!!"

A second round pick is too much for Jackson because if he doesn't redo his deal, he is a half a year rental. And his numbers are declining and I am not sure if it is the QB or his age or both.

His deal at the halfway mark isn't bad for this year, but the $12.2 million for 2015 and 2016 is too steep. The Bucs gave him a Revis-level deal. If he'd take three years at $7M going into 2017 with $7M guaranteed and some performance bonuses, he'd be a great pickup.

A 2nd round draft pick would be okay if the Patriots get back two later rounder picks from the Bucs, or Logan Mankins in the deal.

I don't know too much about this stuff but maybe Amendola + a conditional 3rd or 4th that becomes a 2nd if he performs well?

I think Amendola may thrive in a better setting. Bucs need a
Apparently looking for a RB too, how much extra for them to throw Doug Martin into the deal? :D

Doug Martin is damaged goods. We have plenty of those "players".
Haven't watched much of him this year except the game winning catch against PIT. Has he declined significantly?

Look who is throwing (or trying to) at him.

He has been healthy since an injury in 2010. That's it.

Realistically, I would see the Bucs trade him out of the NFC. Why trade to Eagles or Seahawks? KC is a definite possibility. They would have Bowe+Jackson.

Hope we can somehow pull a rabbit out of the hat (aka: VJack)

On side note: Brady better improve on him 30+yd bomb accuracy....
Seeing Peyton do that consistently makes me jealous...

Bet the Jets are probably sick.

"We just traded for Percy Harvin and freakin V-Jax is available???? Damn it Izdik!!"

Sadly, Jets still have enough $$ to grab VJack.

Please make this wet dream come true!

Sadly, Jets still have enough $$ to grab VJack.

They can have him. Let them chew up a huge amount of cap space on Jackson and Percy Harvin. They still don't have a QB who can get them the ball.

His deal at the halfway mark isn't bad for this year, but the $12.2 million for 2015 and 2016 is too steep. The Bucs gave him a Revis-level deal. If he'd take three years at $7M going into 2017 with $7M guaranteed and some performance bonuses, he'd be a great pickup.

A 2nd round draft pick would be okay if the Patriots get back two later rounder picks from the Bucs, or Logan Mankins in the deal.

Logan Mankins? Why would they want him back?

Absolutely no chance NE trades a second for Jackson, nor should they.

These are the 2015 NFL Draft Picks currently owned by the New England Patriots:

1st Round (Assigned)
2nd Round (Assigned)
3rd Round (Assigned)
4th Round (Assigned)
4th Round (Via TB – Logan Mankins)
5th Round (Assigned)
7th Round (Akeem Ayers)

The following pick have been traded away:

6th Round (Akeem Ayers)
7th Round (Greg Salas)

Dobson for VJ?

They can have him. Let them chew up a huge amount of cap space on Jackson and Percy Harvin. They still don't have a QB who can get them the ball.
Agreed. Could maybe give them a win or two more this season. Moving them further from the chance to grab a QB in the first round.

That's what I was thinking!

But, throw in a 7th rounder (if we have any)

+10mill for VJax. -6m for DAmen. Sounds ok by me.

It isn't +$10M for VJax, since the Pats would only be on the hook for any new money. But it's not –$6M for DAmen, either, since the Pats are on the hook for his signing bonus proration and the salary they've already paid.

If I have the numbers correct, it's about +$5M for VJax's salary, and –$1.5M for DAmen's.

On side note: Brady better improve on him 30+yd bomb accuracy....
Seeing Peyton do that consistently makes me jealous...
A 6'5 target as opposed to 6'0 and under is a lot easier to hit all Randy Moss. And no I'm not comparing them hahaha!

Why are draft picks so prized, when you can get a proven commodity in the NFL as opposed to the draft

A 6'5 target as opposed to 6'0 and under is a lot easier to hit all Randy Moss. And no I'm not comparing them hahaha!

Why are draft picks so prized, when you can get a proven commodity in the NFL as opposed to the draft

Because a second-round draft pick costs $1M a year when you're only allowed to spend, on average, about $2.5M/year per player.

Yeah. How many Patriots draft pick WR busts have we had, so far?

Interesting stats on V Jax.
His best SD year he had only 68 catches...4.25 catches/game
His career reception/target ratio is 52%
No doubt he played with a young Rivers who had Gates at TE and Tomlinson at RB during most of his SD run.....but still......V Jax was never a player the Chargers leaned on (unless it was vs NE :) )
His target %....low because he is a down field target? Had suspect QBs at times? or...just not a Prime Time guy?
I can see why BB hates the idea of laying out massive WR contracts....V Jax getting $9mill for touching the ball 4 times a game?
That being said....watching Demaryius Thomas out muscle DBs at the LOS with ball in hand.......it makes me wish NE had a beast like that. AHern used to be that guy.
Does V Jax possess beast mode physicality? I'm not sure

Interesting stats on V Jax.
His best SD year he had only 68 catches...4.25 catches/game
His career reception/target ratio is 52%
No doubt he played with a young Rivers who had Gates at TE and Tomlinson at RB during most of his SD run.....but still......V Jax was never a player the Chargers leaned on (unless it was vs NE :) )
His target %....low because he is a down field target? Had suspect QBs at times? or...just not a Prime Time guy?
I can see why BB hates the idea of laying out massive WR contracts....V Jax getting $9mill for touching the ball 4 times a game?
That being said....watching Demaryius Thomas out muscle DBs at the LOS with ball in hand.......it makes me wish NE had a beast like that. AHern used to be that guy.
Does V Jax possess beast mode physicality? I'm not sure

Browner will be on Demaryius Thomas like "white on rice", come next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back