PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Take Number One Away From Jets!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maroney had a bum shoulder and was not put on the injury report. Pretty simple stuff.

There's no rule saying that you have to put someone with an injured shoulder on the injury report. Try again.

So just do whatever it is to help win games regardless if it's against the rules?

I guess in NE that mindset is par for the course but it doesn't mean it's right.

No that is not what I said. I was backing up Robo's point that it is silly to take away draft picks to enforce a rule that is only their to help Vegas set the line. It in no way, shape or form helps the team or the league protect their players or win games.

Nobody really cares about the injury reports unless they are:

a. Fantasy football player/ gambler
b. A Belichick hater that wants to quibble over every silly little minor detail to try to show what an evil person he is.

Nobody cared about the injury report until BB started to win superbowls.

No that is not what I said. I was backing up Robo's point that it is silly to take away draft picks to enforce a rule that is only their to help Vegas set the line. It in no way, shape or form helps the team or the league protect their players or win games.

Nobody really cares about the injury reports unless they are:

a. Fantasy football player/ gambler
b. A Belichick hater that wants to quibble over every silly little minor detail to try to show what an evil person he is.

Nobody cared about the injury report until BB started to win superbowls.

Opposing coaches certainly care, don't be so naive.

It's why Belichick and others do what they do. Hiding injuries is just another form of strategic game planning, it just happens to be illegal.

Last edited:
In New England that is true, the rule books do not apply there. Got it.

What is on the injury report is completely based on how much practice you attend.

I could have a sucking chest wound, and show up to practice and participate in all the drills, and I won't be on the injury report. Maroney showed up to all practices that week, and was not held out of drills, hence, not on the injury report.

What is on the injury report is completely based on how much practice you attend.

I could have a sucking chest wound, and show up to practice and participate in all the drills, and I won't be on the injury report. Maroney showed up to all practices that week, and was not held out of drills, hence, not on the injury report.

And I'm sure Belichick was honest when claiming Maroney participated in all the drills.

I have a bridge for sale if you're interested.

In New England that is true, the rule books do not apply there. Got it.

So I take it you couldn't find the rule that they broke? That's because they didn't break any. If you disagree, then just point out the rule that they broke; this is really simple stuff.

I expect stupidity from anyone lame enough to go onto another team's board to try to incite something, but you're going to have to try harder than that if you want anyone to care.

Last edited:
And I'm sure Belichick was honest when claiming Maroney participated in all the drills.

Pure speculation. If that's the best that you have, then I can make an equally credible claim that the Jets violate the injury report 53 times per week :p

Opposing coaches certainly care, don't be so naive.

It's why Belichick and others do what they do. Hiding injuries is just another form of strategic game planning, it just happens to be illegal.

I'm the one being naive?

How does that help coaches when they also have to disclose their own injured players? It cancels out. Guess how you can easily level the playing field and make sure there is full compliance with the rules? Don't have an injury report. Problem solved.

Pure speculation. If that's the best that you have, then I can make an equally credible claim that the Jets violate the injury report 53 times per week :p

It's a really big bridge, really it is.

He may have, he may not have. But, seeing how he reports Tom Brady as being on the injury report every week because he sits out some drills, it doesn't follow his tenancies. Bellichick ALWAYS reports injuries to the letter of the rule, which generally means he has way more players on the injury reports than most teams do.

We do know, for a fact though, that Brett Favre was held out of drills, and not put on the report.

It's a really big bridge, really it is.

Prove that Kris Jenkins participated in every drill in practice this week. If you can't prove it, then by your own standards, the Jets committed an injury report violation with him too. Same with Bart Scott, Mark Sanchez, Shaun Ellis, and Leon Washington.

Mangini and his little Belichick routine are gone. Thank god.

Tannenbaum is still with the team. You do realize the injury report does by his desk before it goes out. If you think the Jets won't play games with the injury report with Ryan, you are kidding yourself. Every team plays games with the injury report.

Besides, the Pats have never completely hid an injury for over a month. The Pats did report Maroney's injury two of the three weeks. The Jets didn't acknowledge Favre was injured at all. That is apples and oranges. Please provide proof that the Pats have ever completely hid an injury like the Jets did.

The Jets got caught cheating. Deal with it. It was a very minor infraction, but just because it is Mangini it doesn't mean it was Belichick or the Pats' fault. Belichick has never hid an injury to the extent that Mangini did with Favre. Mangini is nothing like Belichick.

He may have, he may not have. But, seeing how he reports Tom Brady as being on the injury report every week because he sits out some drills, it doesn't follow his tenancies. Bellichick ALWAYS reports injuries to the letter of the rule, which generally means he has way more players on the injury reports than most teams do.

We do know, for a fact though, that Brett Favre was held out of drills, and not put on the report.

If anything, Belichick follows the rules on the injury report TOO well. He figured out a long time ago that, according to the rules, he should be listing a bunch of people who were going to play- as a result, opponents can't really gain any insight from the injury list, since they can't tell who's actually hurt from who's only technically 'hurt'

If anything, Belichick follows the rules on the injury report TOO well. He figured out a long time ago that, according to the rules, he should be listing a bunch of people who were going to play- as a result, opponents can't really gain any insight from the injury list, since they can't tell who's actually hurt from who's only technically 'hurt'

Belichick deals with the rules like a lawyer: by taking them literally, and at face value. Every word has meaning, and none can be ignored.

Maroney stinks in my eyes but the reputation of a player can take a big hit when playing injured and that was point about Maroney.

Farve for instance was getting skewered by fans and media for his late season collapse, if they knew about the injury they wouldn't have had any ammunition to kill the guy.

On the opposite side, while putting a player on a report may help him win over his rabid fans, it actually puts him at risk of worsening the injury on the field.

Not all NFL players are considered class acts, and if they know a guy has a bum shoulder, they're not going to try and avoid that specific shoulder when making tackles.

Chowda has some apologizing to do. Florio's latest entry says the league investigated the Maroney incident and found the Pats had not violated the rules, but the Jets on the other hand....

Brett Favre's decision to provide retroactive excuses for 2008's New York swan dive has touched off a flurry of injury report hand-wringing.

What did the Jets know, when did they know it and why didn't they tell the football-watching world about Favre's torn biceps?

Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum already fell on his sword earlier today, saying, "As general manager of this team I should've handled that differently and listed him on the report. We didn't because he was getting treatment every day and we knew he was going to play."

That last phrase "we knew he was going to play" is the cover teams hide behind when it comes to reporting injuries.

But, as Mike Signora, the NFL's Director of Media Relations, related to us in an email, that ain't good enough.

"With regard to the policy, it states that 'all players with significant or noteworthy injuries must be listed on the report even if the player takes all the reps in practice and even if the team is certain that he will play in the upcoming game. This is especially true of key players and those players whose injuries have been covered extensively by the media ... The intent of the policy is to provide a full and complete rendering of player availability."

Signora added that the case of Patriots running back Laurence Maroney was investigated and the Patriots did not violate the policy.

Favre spurs injury report rules refresher | ProFootballTalk.com

That damn Belicheat! There he goes not cheating again.

So let's recap. The Jets cheated the injury reporting rule. The Pats didn't.

Spin that one Chowda!

Last edited:
Pick one! haha

I'll go with C. When a Jets troll is usually faced with the facts, the insults are usually what comes out next.

Re: OT:Take Number One Away From Jets!!!

if they're going to start taking away draft picks for covering up injuries, we might as well not show up to the next 5 drafts.

lol ............

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye