PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Peyton Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Peyton Manning

Manning always seems to find the open man. TD # 4 to addai. The guy is good. He is a complete player. :mad:

Last edited:
Peyton's got unreal physical talent when it comes to throwing the football but his strongest skill is his football mind.

He's won a SB and was unfortunate to go against BB's defense in frigid Foxborough in two postseasons. Let's give him some credit because he's played reasonably well in postseason besides the two games he's played up here.

Let's give the guy who's won 3 SuperBowls and 4 AFC Championships some credit too. Oh, he was also unfortunate to go against the amazing New York Giants defense in his SB loss. I also seem to recall him having some pretty good stats. Something about throwing 50 TD passes in a season or having a TD/INT ratio MUCH better than Manning's while sustaining a virtually identical TD % on passes thrown.

People are going crazy with Tom's performance here and I find it rather ridiculous. We all remember his first games in 2006 and all the "body language" talk. He overcame that with far fewer weapons than he has now, so let's have a little confidence in the guy, I think he's deserved it.

Last edited:
Peyton's got unreal physical talent when it comes to throwing the football but his strongest skill is his football mind.

That's why I think he'd be the exception to the rule of "good players are not good coaches" somewhere down the line. I actually think he'd be an excellent coach. I firmly believe that Bruschi would also be the exception to this rule as well.

Can't stand the whiny SOB but man what a QB he is.
During the regular season, he's the best quarterback I have ever seen - bar none. But as far as the post season goes m(or games against the Gators) there are a heck of a lot of QB's I would much rather have.

Last edited:
Let's give the guy who won 3 SuperBowls and 4 AFC Championships some credit too. Oh, he was also unfortunate to go against the amazing New York Giants defense in his SB loss. I also seem to recall him having some pretty good stats. Something about throwing 50 TD passes in a season or having a TD/INT ratio MUCH better than Manning's while sustaining a virtually identical TD % on passes thrown.

People are going crazy with Tom's performance here and I find it rather ridiculous. We all remember his first games in 2006 and all the "body language" talk. He overcame that with far fewer weapons than he has now, so let's have a little confidence in the guy, I think he deserved it.

No one here is saying that we'd take Manning over Brady. I think you're missing the point of this thread. We're just giving Manning some kudos for playing pretty well.

No one here is saying that we'd take Manning over Brady. I think you're missing the point of this thread. We're just giving Manning some kudos for playing pretty well.

If you fail to see the "point" in having a "Peyton Manning appreciation thread" (which, by the way, we have seldom had in this forum, if ever) at the exact same time Brady is struggling, than you, my friend, are missing the implicit point of this thread.

Enough is enough boys. This is turned into a Manning fan club. ;)

You got to give credit to Manning. He did not see the ball much last week against Miami still thew a TD to open the game and a TD to close out the game. The Indy's offense efficiency is amazing.

If you fail to see the "point" in having a "Peyton Manning appreciation thread" (which, by the way, we have seldom had in this forum, if ever) at the exact same time Brady is struggling, than you, my friend, are missing the implicit point of this thread.

Holy crap, why are NE fanboys so sensitive? I hate this forum sometimes for the fact that we can't talk about other teams' players without some sensitive queers taking offense.

Actually, I started this thread and there was nothing implicit meant by it. Believe me, I can' stand Manning and the Colts.

I don't agree. There is nothing wrong with being able to appreciate a supreme talent who has been a thorn in our side during the Belichick era. The guy is a fantastic football player. That takes nothing away from Tom Brady who imo has been better than Manning, and simply because of his clutch ability. He got Welker and Moss and blew records away. Look at all the receivers he has made look good that have done nothing since they left the Patriots.

Anyways, no harm being big enough to admit that Manning is a superb Quarterback.

Holy crap, why are NE fanboys so sensitive? I hate this forum sometimes for the fact that we can't talk about other teams' players without some sensitive queers taking offense.

People feel hurt when you don't drink the cool-aid.

Last edited:
Actually, I started this thread and there was nothing implicit meant by it. Believe me, I can' stand Manning and the Colts.

Whatever the reason you started this thread, I think for the most part all the posters that have been posting here are watching the Colts game right now and have been watching Manning putting on a good show. I can't speak for the rest of you guys, but I can enjoy watching a football game and make some objective observations and like to banter with some other folks. Just seems like some people get overly sensitive and get defensive when they think someone might be giving Brady some slight by giving Manning some credit.

You could always leave.

Whatever the reason you started this thread, I think for the most part all the posters that have been posting here are watching the Colts game right now and have been watching Manning putting on a good show.
Manning said on Mike&Mike that he almost chose Michigan. Immagine both Brady and Manning come from the same program. I went to Michigan and so I thought that was pretty interesting.

For the record, the Colts haven't played a good team this season.

You could always leave.

Or how about people on here should show a little bit more appreciation for other teams players, rather than act like brain-dead homers?

Believe it or not, there are other good players in the league. A bit of a shock, I know.

Manning said on Mike&Mike that he almost chose Michigan. Immagine both Brady and Manning come from the same program. I went to Michigan and so I thought that was pretty interesting.

How do you feel about your new kid QB at Michigan? I have a feeling you guys will win your conference (yup, I think you'll beat OSU);)

Or how about people on here should show a little bit more appreciation for other teams players, rather than act like brain-dead homers?

Believe it or not, there are other good players in the league. A bit of a shock, I know.

LOL, objectivity in this website? There's only a handful of us in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes