PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ex Patriots 9-10 performances

As far as I am concerned Bill should have been fired in January for that ridiculous experiment with Patricia. That was flat out negligence on Bill's part.
This x 1000. "I can make literally anyone a good coach on offense. Why? Because I'm smarter than you."

Hey. Maybe you’re right to be miffed. But we’ll see Wynn play Sunday night. It’ll be interesting.

I complained about Wynn’s play last year at RT. He’s no warrior. In Green Bay he seemed to say “Screw this.”

I think Wynn will be exposed. One of the less heralded aspects of the loss to the Eagles was how much pressure the Patriots put on Hurts, and what is supposed to be the best OL in the league. The fish are going to be tough to beat, especially in Miami, but it looks like this defense was built to deal with the threats the best defense fended pose, athletic QB’s and loaded passing attacks. I think we will see them double Hill under and over, like they did when he was in K.C., and Waddle is the guy I’m really concerned with, as he’s the release valve when Tua is under pressure. But if then can get to Tua and bang him around early they could rattle him, and slow down that offense. And if anyone knows Wynn’s strengths and weaknesses it’s the Patriots . Hopefully he will have 8-10 false starts and holding penalties, and screw their offense completely.

Hahaha…. for the last three years it was “Meyers is a nice receiver but he’s not a #1.”

Now that he’s no longer a Patriot, Meyers is the next coming of Larry Fitzgerald.

And don’t get me started on Wynn, he was considered a universal bust by BB bashers, now he’s a stud we can’t live without.

Good grief…

Yes I get we're spoiled and all the usual excuses for wanting more out of this team but this is a business and it is a "What have you done for me lately?" business. Bill has been given plenty of runway in the post Brady-era and so far we have a half in, half out approach to "rebuilding" with zero playoff wins in one appearance entering the 4th year. As far as I am concerned Bill should have been fired in January for that ridiculous experiment with Patricia. That was flat out negligence on Bill's part. To not have someone being groomed for OC when Josh was interviewing every single year is bad. Not finding someone outside the organization is bad. But making a former DC your OC and play caller is just lunacy and 31 other coaches would have been fired for it so he is getting plenty of leeway based on his past achievements.

I don’t think people are demanding we reload for another 6 Lombardi's or even a Super Bowl win by now. People, or at least I am, asking for a clear direction and a new approach to roster building with a young QB and a team that is capable of winning a playoff game in year 4. Even if you remove the Patricia experiment specifics from the equation and just chalk that year up as a bad OC Bill is still 25-26 in his last 3 seasons and one game. That would get most coaches fired as well but once again because he is Bill he is still here so he is still getting credit for what he has done. At some point Bill needs to pay off on that credit or he will run out. I'm sorry but it isn't unrealistic to hope for a playoff win in year 4 of a "rebuild".

Bottom line, we will never agree on this. Imo the knee jerk, what have you done for me lately organizations are always the worst in football, and the most successful are those that are the opposite of that, e.g…N.E. , Pitt, Baltimore. But if you can show me the franchises that have had long term success using the knee jerk, what have you done for me lately model, like the Jets, then feel free to do so. I seriously doubt you will find one that has won multiple Super Bowls.

Hahaha…. for the last three years it was “Meyers is a nice receiver but he’s not a #1.”

Now that he’s no longer a Patriot, Meyers is the next coming of Larry Fitzgerald.

And don’t get me started on Wynn, he was considered a universal bust by BB bashers, now he’s a stud we can’t live without.

Good grief…

I saw Meyers at Logan yesterday, I think a trade is coming.

Apparently your head is not yet clear. Get back into that paper bag. I want Bill the Coach to remain as long as he likes. Bill the GM, as I have said in any number of previous posts, must either play a very subsidiary role in GM activities or, if he is incapable of participation of that sort, be relieved of GM work entirely. Once again, until you are able to drop the asinine fanboy stuff and make the necessary distinctions in your thinking, your posts on the matter will just be more of the same embarrassing drivel.

Once again you are unable to argue anything other than your fantasy fanboy emotions, let us know when you grow out of that?

Bottom line, we will never agree on this. Imo the knee jerk, what have you done for me lately organizations are always the worst in football, and the most successful are those that are the opposite of that, e.g…N.E. , Pitt, Baltimore. But if you can show me the franchises that have had long term success using the knee jerk, what have you done for me lately model, like the Jets, then feel free to do so. I seriously doubt you will find one that has won multiple Super Bowls.
Pittsburgh is basically where we are at now. Rebuilding after a franchise legend and multiple Super Bowl winning QB retires so theyre yet to be seen. As of right now they basically took our same path. Keep a bunch of vets and see how a bridge QB works, draft a kid, make him the starter and so far they've been right around .500 like us. As for Baltimore I know we all like to give Harbaugh a lot of crap for being a whiny baby sometimes but he's a hell of a coach. Even in the Brady era he was one of the few coaches I was scared to see come to Gillette in the post season. Harbaugh got to the Ravens and drafted a QB who was good but never great and immediately had success and won a ring after a few years. Then navigated a rebuild and completely revamped his roster around a new QB and they're back in the Super Bowl hunt again every year. Honestly Bill could learn from Harbaugh in the way he had to turn over his roster to suit his new QB's needs instead of slamming a square peg into a round hole because that last peg was round.

I was easily the biggest Myers fanboi on here last year. I had mentioned several times that he had broken into the top 10 all time receptions list of the patriots and that Myers had been the only WR since Welker that had put up 3 seasons over 700 yards and with 2 different QBs . Myers took a ton of **** here. I mean a ton and I constantly defended him.

Anyway I dont run the team. ,We have no clue if JJSS will be the upgrade or if it matters as long as they win. But I am willing to give SS a pass on his first game here in the pouring rain.

Pittsburgh is basically where we are at now. Rebuilding after a franchise legend and multiple Super Bowl winning QB retires so theyre yet to be seen. As of right now they basically took our same path. Keep a bunch of vets and see how a bridge QB works, draft a kid, make him the starter and so far they've been right around .500 like us. As for Baltimore I know we all like to give Harbaugh a lot of crap for being a whiny baby sometimes but he's a hell of a coach. Even in the Brady era he was one of the few coaches I was scared to see come to Gillette in the post season. Harbaugh got to the Ravens and drafted a QB who was good but never great and immediately had success and won a ring after a few years. Then navigated a rebuild and completely revamped his roster around a new QB and they're back in the Super Bowl hunt again every year. Honestly Bill could learn from Harbaugh in the way he had to turn over his roster to suit his new QB's needs instead of slamming a square peg into a round hole because that last peg was round.

So you agree that maintaining a stable organization is a better business/success model than “ what have you done for me lately” is? Although it’s a tiny sample size the Patriots will be as good as Mac Jones is this season. If true then Belichick has already done much of the work needed to become a true contender, their success, like most teams, will depend heavily on QB play. But their offense has to demonstrate some qualities that the top teams have. 1- Jones has to show the ability to extend plays when they break down. And he actually showed some of that last Sunday, which is a positive step. 2-The offense has to show they can win some shootouts. To this point they haven’t shown this ability. If they don’t this season it could doom them. 3-The offense has to win games for them in the 4th quarter. Once again to this point they haven’t shown this ability. If they are going to make the playoffs against this schedule they are going to have the start winning games in this fashion. So the bottom line is that we are going to have to see how they can grow as an offense and a team this season? Right now they are constructed much in the same way the early Brady teams were built. Strong defense, strong run game, game management and dependent on making key plays at key times, and not beating themselves. Will they be able to get that done, we will see?

Ex-patriot does well: See! An indictment on the quality of players they let go! Why can't they keep the good ones?
Ex-patriot does poorly: See! An indictment on the quality of players they acquire in the first place! Why can't they ever draft or sign any good players?

So you agree that maintaining a stable organization is a better business/success model than “ what have you done for me lately” is? Although it’s a tiny sample size the Patriots will be as good as Mac Jones is this season. If true then Belichick has already done much of the work needed to become a true contender, their success, like most teams, will depend heavily on QB play. But their offense has to demonstrate some qualities that the top teams have. 1- Jones has to show the ability to extend plays when they break down. And he actually showed some of that last Sunday, which is a positive step. 2-The offense has to show they can win some shootouts. To this point they haven’t shown this ability. If they don’t this season it could doom them. 3-The offense has to win games for them in the 4th quarter. Once again to this point they haven’t shown this ability. If they are going to make the playoffs against this schedule they are going to have the start winning games in this fashion. So the bottom line is that we are going to have to see how they can grow as an offense and a team this season? Right now they are constructed much in the same way the early Brady teams were built. Strong defense, strong run game, game management and dependent on making key plays at key times, and not beating themselves. Will they be able to get that done, we will see?
My point is they sustained success (obviously not Brady Bill era success) in Baltimore by adjusting when they brought in a new QB. Flacco was jump ball Joe and they built the offense with deep threats and 50/50 ball receivers. When they drafted Lamar they shifted to a ground and pound RPO offense with a focus on running the ball with a bevy of power backs and TE's who make plays in the short yardage game.

Bill has decided that even though Mac doesn't have the physical tools or experience that Brady had he wants to build the roster the same exact way. When your QB doesn't have great arm strength you need to invest in receivers. Tua and Joe Burrow (who does have a better arm than Mac and Tua) don't have the best arms in the world but each of them have a great receiving core and have had success when healthy. Brady was the tide that lifted all boats which really only a handful of truly elite guys can do so Bill could get away with the Brandon Lafell's and Chris Hogan's of the world. Mac needs a guy closer to a Jamar Chase, Tyreek Hill, or a Jaylen Waddle than a Juju Smith-Schuster a Nelson Agholor.

68% comp rate as Pat
90% as Raider
2% TD rate using total targets as Pat (8/344)
20% TD rate as Raider (2/10)

Hmmmmm......what's different?
Hint: It's not Skippy McD

Wine GIF by Big Cork Vineyards

Ex-patriot does well: See! An indictment on the quality of players they let go! Why can't they keep the good ones?
Ex-patriot does poorly: See! An indictment on the quality of players they acquire in the first place! Why can't they ever draft or sign any good players?
Any player in the NFL makes a play: Whhhhhhhhhyyyyyyy didn't we draft him instead of the bust we did draft?!

Isaiah Wynn (Dolphins) played 66/67 snaps
Folk (Titans)- 5 FGs
Braxton Berries (Dolphins) 3 catches for 42 yards
Jacoby Myers (Raiders)- 9 catches for 81 yards , 10 targets
Damien Harris (Buffalo)- tonight
Jonnu Smith (Falcons)- no targets

Myers might have been a huge help yesterday and won the week 1 competition versus JSS on who is better
Folk continues to be money on FGs
Wynn- that SOB started at guard and played the whole game, amazingly without getting injured

You missed:
Jacoby Myers (Raiders)- 9 catches for 81 yards , 10 targets, 1 concussion
Myers went out with a concussion last year. Not good to see him go down again. He might wind up like the Bruins' Marc Savard if he keeps getting concussed like this.

And had they kept him the same people would be screaming about how they gave a jag WR who can’t score tens of millions for nothing.
I just believe we were so devoid of WRs panning out that when we had JM its like people were out raged he wasn't signed.

JM likely wanted to go somewhere else like he said. He got paid and his in a great situation.

Meyers at least had a TD last year, better than Diontae Johnson of the Steelers

Don't forget Myers had a passing TD last year... oh wait... that went into the books as a fumble and the TD was for the wrong team. Nevermind. :)

How did N'Keal Harry do this past weekend?

Don't forget Myers had a passing TD last year... oh wait... that went into the books as a fumble and the TD was for the wrong team. Nevermind. :)
If only BB had faith Mac could throw a 45 yd Hail Mary

68% comp rate as Pat
90% as Raider
2% TD rate using total targets as Pat (8/344)
20% TD rate as Raider (2/10)

Hmmmmm......what's different?
Hint: It's not Skippy McD
You’re using a one game sample size as a Raider, to four years on the Patriots, the first year of which his QB was Tom Brady… and suggesting what? JimmyG is some magician at QB?

You’re a real deep thinker.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back