PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ex Patriots 9-10 performances

but... but... but... Meyers! I love Meyers! Surely BB the GM must be vilified for not hanging on to my favorite endzone averse wideout!
Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF
Especially after he carried us to the superbowl, I mean playoffs, I mean he was our best receiver last year.

Rebuilding from a 20 year dynasty run is a huge task, which doesn’t happen overnight, and most franchises don’t recover from it for years and years. The Cowboys have won 1 playoff game since their dynasty end. Green Bay has won 2 Super Bowls since the 60’s. The Steelers have won 2 Super Bowls since the 70’s, and the 49ers haven’t won one since 1994, almost 30 years ago. There is a price franchises pay for long runs of great success, and none was longer than Belichick’s Patriots Dynasty, and he did it in the free agency/salary cap era, a feat no other franchise has accomplished. Belichick has.rebuilt their defense into one of the best in football, but still has some serious work to do to get the offense to the same level. And to get to Lombardi level you almost always need a top QB, which is the most difficult piece to find, and even when you do you may not win it all, as Josh Allen and Joe Burrows have been finding out the hard way. So you and your crybaby buddies can cry all you want about Belichick, but 6 Lombardi’s, and 9 AFC Championships in 23 years has earned him the right to be the architect of their next contender. No coach/ GM. has ever accomplished more, and all of you fairweather fantasy fans can gfy if you don’t like that.
Pull yourself together. You're in love, so your thinking is bound to be a little overheated. Must be tough. Discussing Bill without making the distinction Bill the Coach vs. Bill the GM, and maintaining that distinction throughout the discussion, leads to the sort of childish oversimplification we see in your giddy and vulgar post. Allow me to help: Bill the Coach is the greatest coach of all time. Bill the GM, at least for the past five years or so, blows. Now breathe into a paper bag until you regain your senses.

In my judgment, trading Jakobi for JJSS, whom I have expected and still expect to contribute virtually nothing this year, ought to have sounded the death knell for GM Belichick. Just plain incontrovertibly stupid stuff both from a talent and a team chemistry point of view. The worst.

I think I just heard somebody say, "already been discussed," but it was hard to make it out, since whoever said it has got their head stuck in the sand, or somewhere.
Sometimes you have to take a chance on a player with a higher ceiling than sticking with a known commodity. It is too soon to pass judgement on JJSS after one game. I saw that he was not in at the end of the game because he ran the wrong route(s) earlier in the game. This is encouraging for two reasons; 1. the issue is easily corrected 2. there is a new sheriff in town who is not afraid to hold players accountable for not paying attention. JJSS is an established veteran who should react the right way and be more focused going forward.

Pull yourself together. You're in love, so your thinking is bound to be a little overheated. Must be tough. Discussing Bill without making the distinction Bill the Coach vs. Bill the GM, and maintaining that distinction throughout the discussion, leads to the sort of childish oversimplification we see in your giddy and vulgar post. Allow me to help: Bill the Coach is the greatest coach of all time. Bill the GM, at least for the past five years or so, blows. Now breathe into a paper bag until you regain your senses.

No help needed, I brought facts, you brought nothing more than another idiotic call for Belichick to be fired.

Sometimes you have to take a chance on a player with a higher ceiling than sticking with a known commodity. It is too soon to pass judgement on JJSS after one game. I saw that he was not in at the end of the game because he ran the wrong route(s) earlier in the game. This is encouraging for two reasons; 1. the issue is easily corrected 2. there is a new sheriff in town who is not afraid to hold players accountable for not paying attention. JJSS is an established veteran who should react the right way and be more focused going forward.

Agree. I like Meyers, but he couldn’t find the end zone to save his life. Smith-Schuster has a higher upside at the same cost. In fact people here were screaming about it what an amazing job the Steelers were doing at WR when they drafted him.

but... but... but... Meyers! I love Meyers! Surely BB the GM must be vilified for not hanging on to my favorite endzone averse wideout!
And had they kept him the same people would be screaming about how they gave a jag WR who can’t score tens of millions for nothing.

No help needed, I brought facts, you brought nothing more than another idiotic call for Belichick to be fired.
Apparently your head is not yet clear. Get back into that paper bag. I want Bill the Coach to remain as long as he likes. Bill the GM, as I have said in any number of previous posts, must either play a very subsidiary role in GM activities or, if he is incapable of participation of that sort, be relieved of GM work entirely. Once again, until you are able to drop the asinine fanboy stuff and make the necessary distinctions in your thinking, your posts on the matter will just be more of the same embarrassing drivel.

And had they kept him the same people would be screaming about how they gave a jag WR who can’t score tens of millions for nothing.
I would HAPPILY take any bet on this. My bet: SSJJ will contribute very little this year. He's used up, just like any number of other aging binkies Bill the GM has stuffed into the WR room in the past.

I would HAPPILY take any bet on this. My bet: SSJJ will contribute very little this year. He's used up, just like any number of other aging binkies Bill the GM has stuffed into the WR room in the past.

If you have posts calling for the Patriots to sign Meyers for $33 million, before he left, then let’s see them? Otherwise this is just more Monday Morning QB vision.

Meyers at least had a TD last year, better than Diontae Johnson of the Steelers

What are you, Ivan's valet?

Show us the franchises and numbers for the Dynasty franchises, and their post Dynasty success? Feel free to highlight those who have done that in the modern: salary cap-free agency era of the NFL? Don’t just give us your feelings and emotions, give us some facts. C’mon now, you can do it. Either that or you are just another blowhard spouting garbage?

Any analysis of this matter which does not take into account two things is worthless: 1) Jakobi is much younger, on the uptrend and far more likely to remain healthy, 2) The effect on the team's (past?) culture, one in which hard work and assiduousness really matter, is a powerful negative.

How in any case, do you like your Golden Boy so far?

He's used up, just like any number of other aging binkies Bill the GM has stuffed into the WR room in the past.
He's 26 years old and posted his second highest receiving yards in his career last year.

Show us the franchises and numbers for the Dynasty franchises, and their post Dynasty success? Feel free to highlight those who have done that in the modern: salary cap-free agency era of the NFL? Don’t just give us your feelings and emotions, give us some facts. C’mon now, you can do it. Either that or you are just another blowhard spouting garbage?
We were discussing Bill the GM and the SSJJ matter. You are so obsessed with (past) dynasties, and apparently so butthurt that you don't presently have one to root for, that you are unable to think straight or stay on topic. So who's "spouting garbage" here?

Not a player, but found this semi interesting. Baker, cracked Brian Flores' defensive signals, explained the signals to his offense during halftime, and then proceeded to put up the same number of points (10) in the second half as he did the first half. Not sure who looks worse, Flores or Baker...probably Baker.

He's 26 years old and posted his second highest receiving yards in his career last year.
That is indeed a data point on your side of the ledger. An actual argument at last: thanks. In my judgment the negative factors, largely related to JJSS's physical condition, only secondarily to his chronological age, will swamp the facts you adduce. We shall see who is right going forward. I expect JJSS to contribute little, to play a limited number of snaps and a limited role. The proof is as ever in the pudding. We shall see.

If you have posts calling for the Patriots to sign Meyers for $33 million, before he left, then let’s see them? Otherwise this is just more Monday Morning QB vision.
I think what I think, unlike you who apparently, notwithstanding your protestations of leonine alpha status, need the puppies-in-a-box reassurance of other posters (sounds very sheeplike to me). This is getting tedious. Mew elsewhere.

I think what I think, unlike you who apparently, notwithstanding your protestations of leonine alpha status, need the puppies-in-a-box reassurance of other posters (sounds very sheeplike to me). This is getting tedious. Mew elsewhere.

In other words you can’t back up a word you say. Thanks for playing, now toddle off and suck your thumb with the other serial malcontents.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back