PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Peyton Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Peyton Manning

Sure, why not use these last three games to make a definite assumption? I mean, it's not like Peyton played crappy during his first 3 or 4 games while returning from surgery last season, right?

Geez man, Brady plays on an NFL average level for three games and some dudes here are completely changing their opinions on him. Peyton is a fantastic QB, there's no doubt about that. But if you thought Brady was the better player in the beggining of the season, you can't change your opinion based on the three games played so far.

The best example of this is Peter King's piece from last week. Brady looks like crap against the Jets and all the sudden he's like the 10th best QB ever on his list, way behind Brett Favre. I guarantee you that if he smoked the Jets he would've been top 5, above Favre. But it works both ways. If Brady outduels Manning in November, they'll be ready to annoint Tom and question Peyton.

Arizona seems to move the ball efoortlessly against the Colts D, but doesn't have a lot to show for it thanks to horrible refs (surprise) and bad mistakes.

The best example of this is Peter King's piece from last week. Brady looks like crap against the Jets and all the sudden he's like the 10th best QB ever on his list, way behind Brett Favre. I guarantee you that if he smoked the Jets he would've been top 5, above Favre. But it works both ways. If Brady outduels Manning in November, they'll be ready to annoint Tom and question Peyton.

I don't think it's going to be much of a "duel". You can see Brady's mechanics visibly improve over the last few weeks today. The only thing that's still off is his timing, which I expect to see improve over the next few weeks. The point is that Brady should be well into his stride come November.

Peyton is a GREAT regular season quarterback but when the postseason pressure arrives he wilts, whines, and gives you the "Manning face"

Manning Face

1200274240_peyton.jpg

IMO He should be in the top three of any G.O.A.T. conversation.

Manning is undoubtedly an unbelievable QB. For my money, in the almost 40 years that I have been watching the NFL, Manning, Brady and Joe Montana stand apart. Marino and Elway were awfully good, but I don't think they had the same ability to elevate the players around them. I can't evaluate older QBs like Unitas, who was well past his prime when I started watching. It was a different game then, anyway (heck, it was a different game 10 years ago).

My only gripes with Manning are (1) he plays for the Colts, and (2) he tends to whine and cry a lot when things don't go his way, instead of stepping up and taking responsibility. But he's awfully good.

Meanwhile, Colts are moving down the field at will.

Peyton Manning really is ridiculously good.
He has Favre/Marino's arm but also Montana/Brady's head, especially the past 4 years.
An argument could have been made that he could have been game planned against to make stupid throws or costly int's in the past, but he's pretty much the complete QB now.
I hate the fact that he's matured into also a very clutch 4th quarter QB.

What the Hell is on Reggie Waynes gloves? lol

Unfortunately he's definitely supplanted TFB for best in the league right now

Drew Brees definitely belongs in the conversation, IMO. Crazy to think that the Chargers, in 2001, were able to trade down and grab Brees and Tomlinson instead of staying pat at #1 and taking Vick.

Peyton Manning really is ridiculously good.
He has Favre/Marino's arm but also Montana/Brady's head, especially the past 4 years.
An argument could have been made that he could have been game planned against to make stupid throws or costly int's in the past, but he's pretty much the complete QB now.
I hate the fact that he's matured into also a very clutch 4th quarter QB.

Yup. They need to run directly at Freeney or up their gut, like the Dolphins did last week.

It is hard to stay with the run when they are down 2 to 3 TDs though.

As much as I dislike him, I find his Oreo commercials really funny.

Peyton is a GREAT regular season quarterback but when the postseason pressure arrives he wilts, whines, and gives you the "Manning face"

Manning Face

1200274240_peyton.jpg
true

the ironic thing is, him and eli only put together one succesful playoff streak (and peyton's playoff sb run wasn't even all that great in terms of stats)

I agree.

I don't like him as a person.

As a QB he is 2nd to only Brady.

How could you not like him as a person? He's a nice guy, he's classy, and he's funny. For me, it's the other way around. I like him as a person... hate his guts as a football player. :mad:

Manning Face

1200274240_peyton.jpg

He's won a SB and was unfortunate to go against BB's defense in frigid Foxborough in two postseasons. Let's give him some credit because he's played reasonably well in postseason besides the two games he's played up here.

Last edited:
The Cards rush 3 players and yet they let Brown get about 50 yards after the catch. The Cards are making it too easy for Manning and the Colts.

They didn't play a soft zone on that play. They played a pansy zone.

Last edited:
Arizona's defense is awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back