PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: LeBron James

So, if you're a journalist at ESPN, and maybe you cover the NBA, do you keep digging and trying to get the scoop like you were before the show was announced?

Yer gonna eat that tomorrow night. You wanna climb to the TOP of the success mountain, you go to NEW YAWK frickin' CITY, 'cause that's where the pinnacle is. And coming from someone who ran an indie record label there for 17 years, I know a thing or two about what that means. It's not like I coulda reached those sociological heights tryin' that where YOU live.
The Lebron scale is tipping towards Gotham with each passing hour and I'm loving every minute of it. I mean, when you REALLY break it down to its essence, playing ANYWHERE outside of New York is always gonna be a "what if I was able to do all this good stuff in New York? Oh man, that woulda been even better."

There ain't no place that touches New York City as far as personal accolade experiences go. And that's coming from someone who's had a LOT of them.

.... you just wait 'till tomorrow night. You just effing wait. You're gonna be reminded of what you're NOT once again. Yeah, a NON New Yorker. As if you count for anything. lol. You're just a lesser version of who you COULD be to all of us looking down from the summit of the place they call Capitol Of Earth.

Now Lebron is gonna join our ranks. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Yeah, afraid of your inferiority complex rearing it's head once again when Lebron tells yer ass how much it rules here.

And that's from a Pats fan since 1979 who's originally from Connecticut (New England, anybody?).

I think you must be the biggest ********* I have ever met.
WTF do you know about me?
I am very happy for you that you had so much success that you go around to message boards and brag about how great you are.
Is it nice and cool down in Mommys basement this time of year?

I don't know whats more insulting the fact that you think you have to impress people on a message board or the fact that you think anyone cares.

According to multiple rumors, the Knicks actually do have a shot at getting him. He's gonna go for the Brinks truck and not the championships.

From what I've heard, they are pretty much out of it, mostly because they are so awful.
Rumors I heard are Miami is top choice and the only things that would stop it is the impression that he needed help to win or his loyalty to his hometown, and if its the first and not the second, he goes to Chicago.
I'm not really an NBA guy though, I' just passing along the stories I heard today while working at home with ESPN on in the background. (And there have to be at least 5 different experts giving their opinions)

.... you just wait 'till tomorrow night. You just effing wait. You're gonna be reminded of what you're NOT once again. Yeah, a NON New Yorker. As if you count for anything. lol. You're just a lesser version of who you COULD be to all of us looking down from the summit of the place they call Capitol Of Earth.

try second grade English comprehension for a clue on when and where to use "capitol" versus "capital"...idiot

LeBron James is the biggest attention whore this side of Brett Favre.

Does anyone else think this is the most overblown bs ever?
The guy hasn't won anything, and its 24/7 coverage on where he will sign a FA contract. He is now going to have his own special announcement show on, of course, ESPN, and I think its an hour long show.
I hope whereever he goes he wins nothing his entire career.
Absolutely. I've been having discussions in Oz with people and the consensus is he's so me driven that it strikes of being an attention whore. At least Favre has done something meaningful like throw the most interceptions in the history of the NFL.

No matter how personally skilled he is, LeBron has never made his team better. He is the team. Supporting cast or not Kobe Bryant is the best player in the NBA. He is the closer that gets it done no matter what the occasion.

LeBron James is a supremely skilled individual. That's it right now.

Last edited:
Absolutely. I've been having discussions in Oz with people and the consensus is he's so me driven that it strikes of being an attention whore.

No matter how personally skilled he is, LeBron has never made his team better. He is the team.

At least Favre has done something meaningful like throw the most interceptions in the history of the NFL.

I think its very Marino-esque.
They team over-relies on one player, and that player then gets all the credit for what the team accomplishes. Then when relying on that players fails when you face good TEAMS that player escapes accountability for failure because he has to carry the whole team.
If you look at how Marino played in thier playoff losses, he was usually the reason for the failure, and the same seems to go for James.

I think you must be the biggest ********* I have ever met.
WTF do you know about me?
I am very happy for you that you had so much success that you go around to message boards and brag about how great you are.
Is it nice and cool down in Mommys basement this time of year?

I don't know whats more insulting the fact that you think you have to impress people on a message board or the fact that you think anyone cares.

He's a gimmick poster methinks.

So, if you're a journalist at ESPN, and maybe you cover the NBA, do you keep digging and trying to get the scoop like you were before the show was announced?

Thats a trick question. There is no such thing as a journalist at ESPN.

And coming from someone who ran an indie record label there for 17 years, I know a thing or two about what that means.

Indie record label = Little talent and/or recognition that struggles financially to succeed

But thanks for your post, it was high comedy.

I'd take Rondo over the publicity whore anyday :)

hes coming to my KNICKS!

From what I've heard, they are pretty much out of it, mostly because they are so awful.
Rumors I heard are Miami is top choice and the only things that would stop it is the impression that he needed help to win or his loyalty to his hometown, and if its the first and not the second, he goes to Chicago.
I'm not really an NBA guy though, I' just passing along the stories I heard today while working at home with ESPN on in the background. (And there have to be at least 5 different experts giving their opinions)

Well, LeBron, Dwanye Wade, and Chris Bosh all want to play together. Wade and Bosh have already said they will take less money to get other players to help them win.

Why wouldn't LeBron get all the attention he is getting. Jordan got it long before he won an NBA title too.

Some people just love to hate it seems. Of course us guys that like the Celtics don't want him to win but it doesn't mean we have to trash the guy at every available opportunity. He is still very young and this is huge news for any city whose team is trying to sign him. The guy is the best player I've seen since MJ so it doesn't surprise me one bit.
Its big news in Boston too because of the situation that develops if he does leave Cleveland with the possibility of Shaq coming to Beantown. Its big news in a lot of cities for different reasons.

Why wouldn't LeBron get all the attention he is getting. Jordan got it long before he won an NBA title too.

Some people just love to hate it seems. Of course us guys that like the Celtics don't want him to win but it doesn't mean we have to trash the guy at every available opportunity. He is still very young and this is huge news for any city whose team is trying to sign him. The guy is the best player I've seen since MJ so it doesn't surprise me one bit.
Its big news in Boston too because of the situation that develops if he does leave Cleveland with the possibility of Shaq coming to Beantown. Its big news in a lot of cities for different reasons.
I call bull****. I have the upmost respect for LeBron James' ability. I think it's valiant that he's using the proceeds of his "decision" being aired by ESPN to go to charity. That doesn't change my opinion that I think he's an attention seeking whore who ridiculously ordained himself the King with slim to no justification for it.

By the end of his career he may very well be one of the highest individual accolade accumulators of all time. Right now he's just a supreme talent with no rings.

Last edited:
he's using the proceeds of his "decision" being aired by ESPN to go to charity.

Proceeds from where? Isn't ESPN the one selling the advertising? Or are they paying James for his appearance?

Proceeds from where? Isn't ESPN the one selling the advertising? Or are they paying James for his appearance?
I heard them saying last night that James suggested something about selling advertising space and donating the funds to the Boys and Girls Club of America. I'll forewarn you that it's an ESPN link for those who wish to stay away from it.

LeBron's announcement coming soon

<snip>

"Due to the unprecedented attention and interest surrounding LeBron's decision, we have decided to make this announcement on national television," James' business manager, Maverick Carter, said on lebronjames.com. "By doing so we have generated funds that will be given to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America. LeBron has a longstanding commitment to giving back to the community, and has worked with the Boys and Girls Clubs in cities across the country."

<snip>

Last edited:

Correct me if I am wrong but no one in history has had an hourlong special aired about their choice of a team in Free Agency.
The arrogance is disgusting to me.
I dislike when players are so arrogant that they act as if they are more important than everyone else.

People ripped Clemens for having his return announced during a game.
What if Brett Favre decides to have an hour long special where he will announce whether or not he is retiring.

Unfortunately, Andy...this looks like a precursor to come from the morons at FESPN that could leech into all the other major sports.

Unfortunately, Andy...this looks like a precursor to come from the morons at FESPN that could leech into all the other major sports.

And I hate it. I can't stand the golrification of the individual over the team in a team sport.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back