PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: LeBron James

Exactly. I would honestly rather just sign Wade and Bosch and bring in guys like Derek Fisher, Eddie House, Nate Robinson, and Brendan Haywood to put around them. Wade's already proven he can win with a competent big man and a solid supporting cast.

I agree completely. If you surround Wade & Bosh with shooters, it could be pretty formidable. In addition to the guys you mention, I think Anthony Morrow would be a good fit.

That's not to say adding Lebron wouldn't work out. It could. Like I said, I think Wade is the kind of guy where it would work. He has shown ego isn't a real issue for him, and that he can handle pressure and excel. In terms of chemistry, personality and drive, he is a good counter for a self-absorbed drama-queen like Lebron, for whom winning typically comes second to show-time.

But basketball-wise, as good as the two are, its no sure thing they mesh on the court. At worst, its just unnecessary redundancy. Both players thrive on penetrating and getting to the hoop - how is one helping the other while they are both on the court? I will say I think, individually, they both fit well with Bosh.

Last edited:
Jermaine O'neal is leaning on signing with the celtics.
Averages about 13 ppg and 7 rpg. Looks like a solid signing - a replacement for perkins until he gets back.

Averages about 13 ppg and 7 rpg. Looks like a solid signing - a replacement for perkins until he gets back.

Looks like a solid signing until you see him on the court. He is not very good. And that's putting it delicately. Good depth, though. For the purposes that the Celtics are signing him for (playing center until Perkins is back, then coming off of the bench), it would be a pretty good signing. But he should not be relied upon to be a starter for a full season anymore.

Simmons has a good article about this situation over at espn.com.

I agree completely. If you surround Wade & Bosh with shooters, it could be pretty formidable. In addition to the guys you mention, I think Anthony Morrow would be a good fit.

That's not to say adding Lebron wouldn't work out. It could. Like I said, I think Wade is the kind of guy where it would work. He has shown ego isn't a real issue for him, and that he can handle pressure and excel. In terms of chemistry, personality and drive, he is a good counter for a self-absorbed drama-queen like Lebron, for whom winning typically comes second to show-time.

But basketball-wise, as good as the two are, its no sure thing they mesh on the court. At worst, its just unnecessary redundancy. Both players thrive on penetrating and getting to the hoop - how is one helping the other while they are both on the court? I will say I think, individually, they both fit well with Bosh.

Well Wade is a guard and LeBron is a forward, but I see what you're saying. That's one of my concerns about bringing him aboard is how they are going to share the ball. But, as I pointed out in another thread, it worked for the Olympic team. If Riley thinks it would work for the Heat then I'm all for it. Plus, Wade is a very underrated distributor (when he actually has a supporting cast around him).

By the way, word out of Miami is that Spoelstra will remain coach and that Riley is not coming back to the bench. I don't know if I buy it, personally. But that's the word as of now.

I think it was pretty obvious he was a egotistical douche when he wore a t-shirt that said "MVP" on it last year. I don't watch basketball and the overwhelming, never-ending hype surrounding this guy is just one of the reasons.

Does anyone else think this is the most overblown bs ever?
The guy hasn't won anything, and its 24/7 coverage on where he will sign a FA contract. He is now going to have his own special announcement show on, of course, ESPN, and I think its an hour long show.
I hope whereever he goes he wins nothing his entire career.

If he's smart, he'll probably goto Miami. Wade, Lebron, and Bosh is going to be nearly unstoppable. They would be the NBA's new Triumvirate (TM).

Ok but how much is he going to cost. and what are the C's going to do about ray allen?

If he goes to Miami, he can kiss his legacy good bye.

He'll always be the guy who couldn't win it until he played with Wade.

In Cleveland or NY, if he wins a title, he reaches God status. That one title would carry a lot more weight.

Bitter knicks fan? LOL. Amare Stoudemire is not a championship piece and besides Lebron would have more talent around him with Wade and Bosh. Kobe had to win 3 with Shaq. is anybody else talking down his accomplishments after he didn't win any more titles until Gasol arrived? Nope. Sorry New Yorkers, Lebron would be a fool to go there without more supporting talent.

Last edited:
Bitter knicks fan? LOL. Amare Stoudemire is not a championship piece and besides Lebron would have more talent around him with Wade and Bosh. Kobe had to win 3 with Shaq. is anybody else talking down his accomplishments after he didn't win any more titles until Gasol arrived? Nope. Sorry New Yorkers, Lebron would be a fool to go there without more supporting talent.

Although the Knicks are a pretty big joke of a franchise, part of me actually wants to see LeBron go there. It would reignite the Heat/Knicks rivalry.

Ok but how much is he going to cost. and what are the C's going to do about ray allen?

If O'Neal signs with the Celtics it will be for whatever they can afford that they feel he's worth. They're gonna resign Ray for 2 years and $20M...tomorrow, he announced that last night.

I just read an article over on SI where the writer is sticking to his prediction that LeBron goes to...Cleveland. Says it's the only home he's ever known, his real home, and if he screws with his homies by rubbing their noses in his defection on ESPN in prime time he won't ever be welcome in his own home again and he will give fans across the board more reason than ever to dislike him and flat out root against him. Guy makes a good case for believing if he were leaving he'd be doing it more circumspectly for that very reason.

If O'Neal signs with the Celtics it will be for whatever they can afford that they feel he's worth. They're gonna resign Ray for 2 years and $20M...tomorrow, he announced that last night.

I just read an article over on SI where the writer is sticking to his prediction that LeBron goes to...Cleveland. Says it's the only home he's ever known, his real home, and if he screws with his homies by rubbing their noses in his defection on ESPN in prime time he won't ever be welcome in his own home again and he will give fans across the board more reason than ever to dislike him and flat out root against him. Guy makes a good case for believing if he were leaving he'd be doing it more circumspectly for that very reason.

Although it's possible, an overwhelming amount of signs are pointing to him going to South Beach. Broussard, who scooped the story about Wade and Bosh, is saying that it's so almost as if it's a done thing. IMO, if it isn't the Heat, then it's going to be Chicago. If that happens, the Bulls should be considered the overwhelming favorites in the Eastern Conference.

OT: LeBron James

I can't even find this doofus listed as an OT. Sure he isn't a guard?

Jets fans will tell us that D'Bustshaw is better anyway

When you have two penetrators, there is no weakside in your offense. In my opinion, I wouldn't surround them with just shooters, I'd add a good solid big man who has soft hands and can get the quick dump off and lay or dunk it.

When you have two penetrators, there is no weakside in your offense. In my opinion, I wouldn't surround them with just shooters, I'd add a good solid big man who has soft hands and can get the quick dump off and lay or dunk it.

They have Dexter Pittman, the rookie from Texas already. He's a rookie, but he's got a big enough body to be competitive for rebounds.

The big reason why I think that Wade and James can coexist is because they're both absolutely devastating when they get hot, both can run fast breaks, and both are athletic nightmares to match up against. Think about it this way: if you put Wade and LeBron on opposite sides of the floor, how does the other team defend against that? One of those guys will have an easier path to the basket, every time.

Additionally, I think signing with the Heat would give James the ability to expend more of his energy defensively, which would be a nightmare for the rest of the league. He has the talent to be DPOY, though who knows if he has the mindset to pull it off. I kinda doubt it, but he'll be formidable no doubt.

Bottom line, if the Heat can get LeBron, I think they'd be foolish not to. You just don't get many opportunities to get a guy of that caliber. In that scenario, I'm not quite so sure that I like the Bosh signing, since personally I don't like any 7 footer that doesn't play defense and rebound first and foremost, but if Bosh is what it takes to lure LeBron, then so be it. I think Simmons made a good point yesterday about how they won't be able to lure in the James Poseys and the PJ Browns with the lockout looming. Which means that their chances of winning a 2010 title aren't the greatest, but post-lockout they'll be the prohibitive favorites for the next 5 years.

Last edited:
Lebron is always going to be compared to Kobe. Miami makes most sense for him, given he can win title(s) there. In Cleveland or NY, he would be a one man team.

In NY he would play alongside Stoudamire who is nowhere as good as he is, but now makes the exact same amount he would expect to get for playing there. That would be too much for Lebron.

Miami makes the most sense, but then we are talking about common sense, not ego.

In NY he would play alongside Stoudamire who is nowhere as good as he is, but now makes the exact same amount he would expect to get for playing there. That would be too much for Lebron.

Miami makes the most sense, but then we are talking about common sense, not ego.

Actually I'd venture that Chicago makes more sense than Miami.

Re: OT: LeBron James - "The Decision"

Breaking News: Lebron to the Harlem Globetrotters. You heard it here first.

We really should glorify our troops in such a manner!! Thanks, Little brother if your still lurking......sending you a 2010 Training Camp T-shirt amongst a few other items and some essentials (and yes, enough to share this time).

Actually I'd venture that Chicago makes more sense than Miami.

Unless you're considering the tax implications.
NY state has a 11% tax meaning ti would cost LeBron $12 million over the life of the contract versus about $5 million in Illinois ( potentially more to balance their budget when they raise rates) and $0 in Florida with no state income tax....... NY Psot did a story on this today but link isn't handy....
He's still be in MJ's shadow in Chicago until he wins six.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back