PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: LeBron James

In NY he would play alongside Stoudamire who is nowhere as good as he is, but now makes the exact same amount he would expect to get for playing there. That would be too much for Lebron.

Miami makes the most sense, but then we are talking about common sense, not ego.

you're right. totally forgot about amare stoudamire. but he still won't win a championship in NY.

3 more hours until Decision 2010.

So what are we going to call this trio now? Can't call them the Big 3. :cool:

LeBron James is a sell out. I have absolutely zero respect for him now

It is all overblown, but I still think it's a big deal.

LeBron is arguably the biggest athlete in this country right now. I think he's better than Kobe. Kobe has just had the benefit of a much better supporting cast his whole career.

Now that he is a Miami Heat and not the Knicks, we all know you really meant he is the most overrated athlete in the country and he lacks heart and chokes in the big games. It was all there in your original post. You just have to read between the lines a bit.

I think this a huge mistake for King James. Chicago, with the addition of Boozer would have been a much better choice. This Miami team is not going to get it done.

Apparently I can't carry a team on my own, so hopefully they can carry me--self proclaimed "King" James....second round here I come...

I hope for his sake he didn't really ever want to live in Ohio anymore. This will give new meaning to the saying you can never go home again... He took less to leave them and made a nationally televised event of it. He's either naive as hell or a souless, self absorbed jackass. And if the three amigos don't get it done in Miami, and in a hurry, he may end up one of the least marketable mega superstars on the planet...

Many messages on Cavs forums about Lebron having a big ego and it's all about him ...

:rofl:

They just figured this out this past 1/2 hour ... :confused2:

Lebron going to the city that specializes in phony people ... he will fit right in.

Apparently I can't carry a team on my own, so hopefully they can carry me--self proclaimed "King" James....second round here I come...
I read he would make the decison within 10 minutes and at 9:23 he frickin said "Miami"....self proclaimed "DB"!!

Yer gonna eat that tomorrow night. You wanna climb to the TOP of the success mountain, you go to NEW YAWK frickin' CITY, 'cause that's where the pinnacle is. And coming from someone who ran an indie record label there for 17 years, I know a thing or two about what that means. It's not like I coulda reached those sociological heights tryin' that where YOU live.
The Lebron scale is tipping towards Gotham with each passing hour and I'm loving every minute of it. I mean, when you REALLY break it down to its essence, playing ANYWHERE outside of New York is always gonna be a "what if I was able to do all this good stuff in New York? Oh man, that woulda been even better."

There ain't no place that touches New York City as far as personal accolade experiences go. And that's coming from someone who's had a LOT of them.

.... you just wait 'till tomorrow night. You just effing wait. You're gonna be reminded of what you're NOT once again. Yeah, a NON New Yorker. As if you count for anything. lol. You're just a lesser version of who you COULD be to all of us looking down from the summit of the place they call Capitol Of Earth.

Now Lebron is gonna join our ranks. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Yeah, afraid of your inferiority complex rearing it's head once again when Lebron tells yer ass how much it rules here.

And that's from a Pats fan since 1979 who's originally from Connecticut (New England, anybody?).

Post of the Year. What a knucklehead. :rofl:

Yer gonna eat that tomorrow night. You wanna climb to the TOP of the success mountain, you go to NEW YAWK frickin' CITY, 'cause that's where the pinnacle is. And coming from someone who ran an indie record label there for 17 years, I know a thing or two about what that means. It's not like I coulda reached those sociological heights tryin' that where YOU live.
The Lebron scale is tipping towards Gotham with each passing hour and I'm loving every minute of it. I mean, when you REALLY break it down to its essence, playing ANYWHERE outside of New York is always gonna be a "what if I was able to do all this good stuff in New York? Oh man, that woulda been even better."

There ain't no place that touches New York City as far as personal accolade experiences go. And that's coming from someone who's had a LOT of them.

New Yawk is the most overrated city on the planet. It smells and there are plenty of rats. You people throw your trash onto the street instead of a dumpster. Even Lebron isn't stupid enough to go there. For whatever reason, the Yorkers think that everyone envys them...the rest of the country doesn't, believe me - it's all in your head.

I think this a huge mistake for King James. Chicago, with the addition of Boozer would have been a much better choice. This Miami team is not going to get it done.

So wait, you think Boozer and Derek Rose are better than Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh? That's a new one.

New Yawk is the most overrated city on the planet. It smells and there are plenty of rats. You people throw your trash onto the street instead of a dumpster. Even Lebron isn't stupid enough to go there. For whatever reason, the Yorkers think that everyone envys them...the rest of the country doesn't, believe me - it's all in your head.

There is a reason New York is called the greatest city in the world. With that being said, F**K Lebron!

I hope for his sake he didn't really ever want to live in Ohio anymore. This will give new meaning to the saying you can never go home again... He took less to leave them and made a nationally televised event of it. He's either naive as hell or a souless, self absorbed jackass. And if the three amigos don't get it done in Miami, and in a hurry, he may end up one of the least marketable mega superstars on the planet...

I don't think his marketability is going to change. He's one of the most marketable athletes on the planet (second only to Manning). I don't think that's going to change if the Heat don't win a title right off the bat. On top of that, all of the proceeds of tonight went to the Boys and Girls club. Even if he did it for self-absorbing purposes, good things came out of it.

As for this team, we'll see. It's going to be interesting to see how Riley puts the pieces around these three guys.

Last edited:
So wait, you think Boozer and Derek Rose are better than Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh? That's a new one.
I think Rose is better at playing point and not being a selfish showboating gun
than Wade. 3 guns on a team is not going to win a championship. I think Boozer is a comparable scorer to Bosch and way more physical. The main difference is Bulls have better and younger role players on the roster than Miami by a mile. It's all about chemistry and I think the Bulls are way more balanced than Miami and Lebron would have been a better fit in chitown.

Last edited:
I don't think his marketability is going to change. He's one of the most marketable athletes on the planet (second only to Manning). I don't think that's going to change if the Heat don't win a title right off the bat. On top of that, all of the proceeds of tonight went to the Boys and Girls club. Even if he did it for self-absorbing purposes, good things came out of it.

As for this team, we'll see. It's going to be interesting to see how Riley puts the pieces around these three guys.
Tiger Woods is still the most marketable athlete on the planet...

LeBron wants to play in a championship. This move was a no brainer for mine. I believe it didn't need to be a circus as such though. Good luck to him.

Last edited:
If O'Neal signs with the Celtics it will be for whatever they can afford that they feel he's worth. They're gonna resign Ray for 2 years and $20M...tomorrow, he announced that last night.

I just read an article over on SI where the writer is sticking to his prediction that LeBron goes to...Cleveland. Says it's the only home he's ever known, his real home, and if he screws with his homies by rubbing their noses in his defection on ESPN in prime time he won't ever be welcome in his own home again and he will give fans across the board more reason than ever to dislike him and flat out root against him. Guy makes a good case for believing if he were leaving he'd be doing it more circumspectly for that very reason.

O'Neal signed for the full mid-level exception: 5.7M per year for each of the next 2 years. I would have preferred Brendan Haywood, but this'll do I guess.

So next NBA is either Kobe winning #6 or King Douche winning his first.

fcuk

I think Rose is better at playing point and not being a selfish showboating gun
than Wade.

Apparently you didn't watch the Heat in '06. Wade was a very underrated passer when he actually had a team around him. When he didn't, he had to put it on himself. What did you expect the guy to do when the chips were down? Pass to Udonis Haslem? Also, I'm not sure how you can call Wade "selfish". The guy is leaving millions upon millions of dollars on the table to have these two guys join the team. That's the epitome of unselfish.

3 guns on a team is not going to win a championship.

Of course not. But this is one helluva start. You don't think they're going to put role players around these guys?

I think Boozer is a comparable scorer to Bosch and way more physical.

He's more physical, but he's not a comparable scorer. Despite playing on a team with better overall talent against defenses that didn't zone in on just him, Boozer scored 5 PPG less than Bosh. Also, Pat Riley seems to think Bosh is the better all around player than Boozer. You'll excuse me if I accept his opinion over your's.

The main difference is Bulls have better and younger role players on the roster than Miami by a mile.

Considering the only role players that Miami have right now are Mario Chalmers and a bunch of rookies (all younger than the Bulls role players), that goes without saying. The Heat now have the advantage of guys coming in wanting to be part of this super team, though, who are willing to sign for less than what they could get.

It's all about chemistry and I think the Bulls are way more balanced than Miami and Lebron would have been a better fit in chitown.

He disagrees with you. Apparently you weren't following the circus in Chicago last season.

Last edited:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back