PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: LeBron James

He is the King Douche. I hate him so much, I've never seen a more self-absorbed athlete in my life, and he deserves nothing but the worst things in life. Why God would allow such a prick so much talent and wealth is beyond me. My only hope is that he blows his knees out and never plays again.

owww,

OK guys, take it a little easy allright? my god what is up with all this hate

this guy has done nothing to any of you personally, or to Boston as a sports world either, i dont understand this heated hate

is he the perfect human being being humble and all? no hes not, but who cares? he no rapist or murderer either

put some things in perspective

all the coverage about his free agency falls on the media, but this ridiculous hour long thing about his decision falls on diva james.

I hope he never wins a damn thing, and I'll be lmao'ing when ny turns on him after a 40 win season.

edit: change ny to miami

Last edited:
Don't believe anything until 9 PM tonight. The hype machine is spinning faster than ever.

I think the amount of hype given to James is due to the massive impact one organization - espn - has on sports and sports reporting. They had the contract to televise the NBA finals, and now they're milking whatever NBA-related stories while they can, while basketball is still fresh on people's minds.

The other day I ventured to their main site (yeah I know, dumb move) and where they post headlines with links to the top stories of the day, five of the top six links were NBA-related and not one about baseball - even though the NBA season ended weeks ago and MLB is in midseason.

To me this shows me 'news' portion of the organization, the side that reports on what is going on, is getting directive from the promotions side, the part that broadcasts events. I do understand its a business, but it seems that each year that passes they are more and more blatantly talking about whatever they broadcast and ignoring what they do not. Spelling bee and hot dog eating gets lots of coverage; hockey does not. If espn broadcasts the world cup it gets lots of coverage; if someone else has those broadcast rights the coverage drops dramatically.

Do we really think there would be so much talk about LeBron James if espn did not broadcast the NBA? They are such a powerful force on television that they set the tone for what is and is not relevant in the sports world in America. Sure, there are plenty of other sites and television networks, but they pretty much follow espn's lead, for fear of being left behind if they don't.

This is so true. They promote what they are showing. Good thing the NFL is bigger than ESPN, they can promote MNF all week long and forget the great matchups on Sunday, but it won't matter.

Lebron is always going to be compared to Kobe. Miami makes most sense for him, given he can win title(s) there. In Cleveland or NY, he would be a one man team.

What if Brett Favre decides to have an hour long special where he will announce whether or not he is retiring.

Never happen. BSPN won't be willing to give up an hour of broadcast time away from their 24-hour coverage of whether or not Brett Favre will come back. ;)

Lebron is always going to be compared to Kobe. Miami makes most sense for him, given he can win title(s) there. In Cleveland or NY, he would be a one man team.

If he goes to Miami, he can kiss his legacy good bye.

He'll always be the guy who couldn't win it until he played with Wade.

In Cleveland or NY, if he wins a title, he reaches God status. That one title would carry a lot more weight.

Lebron + Wade doesn't make sense on the same court given the way the two play. I do not see how they are complementary players at all. Frankly, if I'm building a team, I'd rather build it around Wade - he's tougher mentally, he makes his teammates better, he cares about winning. I guess Miami is banking on Wade's mental strength to make up for Lebron's lack of it.

owww,

OK guys, take it a little easy allright? my god what is up with all this hate

this guy has done nothing to any of you personally, or to Boston as a sports world either, i dont understand this heated hate

is he the perfect human being being humble and all? no hes not, but who cares? he no rapist or murderer either

put some things in perspective

So your idea of perspecitve is that only rapists and murders can be criticized?

Wow. I wonder where we're going to get the money for role players to put around these guys, if true. Chalmers is a three point threat, but he is by no means a machine.

The way I heard it the Heat have just 2 players under contract, Chalmers and Beasely. They have to dump Beasley to make this work and will be at the cap with 4 players. They can then exceed the cap by signing all the rest of their players at the minimum.

What if Brett Favre decides to have an hour long special where he will announce whether or not he is retiring.

I'll tell you what would make the ultimate reality show: an hour-long live special where Favre decides whether or not to retire -- where he talks to himself and others about what to do, then announces his decision in the show's last 30 seconds. :bricks:

Lebron + Wade doesn't make sense on the same court given the way the two play. I do not see how they are complementary players at all. Frankly, if I'm building a team, I'd rather build it around Wade - he's tougher mentally, he makes his teammates better, he cares about winning. I guess Miami is banking on Wade's mental strength to make up for Lebron's lack of it.

Exactly. I would honestly rather just sign Wade and Bosch and bring in guys like Derek Fisher, Eddie House, Nate Robinson, and Brendan Haywood to put around them. Wade's already proven he can win with a competent big man and a solid supporting cast.

The way I heard it the Heat have just 2 players under contract, Chalmers and Beasely. They have to dump Beasley to make this work and will be at the cap with 4 players. They can then exceed the cap by signing all the rest of their players at the minimum.

If LeBron comes aboard, there are going to be quite a few veterans who will be willing to join the Heat for the vet minimum.

If he goes to Miami, he can kiss his legacy good bye.

He'll always be the guy who couldn't win it until he played with Wade.

In Cleveland or NY, if he wins a title, he reaches God status. That one title would carry a lot more weight.

i see what you are saying, but i don't see him winning a title in cleveland or NY. 50 years from now no one will care who Lebron played with...as long as he wins. Plus he's got a HOF coach in pat riley, which he won't have in any of these other teams.

the celtics are in huge trouble. they are old and miami is clearly a better team now. and of course they can't rely on danny ainge's drafts for anything.

Yer gonna eat that tomorrow night. You wanna climb to the TOP of the success mountain, you go to NEW YAWK frickin' CITY, 'cause that's where the pinnacle is. And coming from someone who ran an indie record label there for 17 years, I know a thing or two about what that means. It's not like I coulda reached those sociological heights tryin' that where YOU live.
The Lebron scale is tipping towards Gotham with each passing hour and I'm loving every minute of it. I mean, when you REALLY break it down to its essence, playing ANYWHERE outside of New York is always gonna be a "what if I was able to do all this good stuff in New York? Oh man, that woulda been even better."

There ain't no place that touches New York City as far as personal accolade experiences go. And that's coming from someone who's had a LOT of them.

.... you just wait 'till tomorrow night. You just effing wait. You're gonna be reminded of what you're NOT once again. Yeah, a NON New Yorker. As if you count for anything. lol. You're just a lesser version of who you COULD be to all of us looking down from the summit of the place they call Capitol Of Earth.

Now Lebron is gonna join our ranks. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Yeah, afraid of your inferiority complex rearing it's head once again when Lebron tells yer ass how much it rules here.

And that's from a Pats fan since 1979 who's originally from Connecticut (New England, anybody?).
Wow. This comment is so over-the-top ridiculous it may be worth mentioning in the "funniest quote/link/post" thread.

New York is the largest city in the country. It is the center of the financial industry and has the nations best theatres. But that does not translate, as so many New Yorkers seem to believe, in the city being the best place in the world for anything and everything you can imagine. For example, a person working in high tech, aerospace, or healthcare would not feel "what if I could have done this in New York" because the capital of those industries is not New York.

The same goes for sports; playing in New York is not the be all, end all you make it out to be. If that was the case players in every sport would be heading for New York teams in droves, even willing to pay for less money in exchange for the privilege of playing in NYC. I don't see that at all; if anything I see NY teams having to overpay to get players to come there.

The comment near the end about others having an inferiority complex is laughable. Don't get me wrong, I love visiting New York, but I have no desire to live or work there. I don't know if you're being delusional or if is just utter hubris if you actually believe that someone that does not live there doesn't "count for anything", or that someone who does not live or work there is a "lesser version of whom they could be" or that by virtue of living and working there you look down on everyone else.

The arrogance of this line of reasoning is why so many people all across the country dislike New Yorkers; it has nothing to do with an inferiority complex. And by the way, if you really wanted to reach the pinnacle of success in your field, LA probably would have been a better choice of locales.

i see what you are saying, but i don't see him winning a title in cleveland or NY. 50 years from now no one will care who Lebron played with...as long as he wins. Plus he's got a HOF coach in pat riley, which he won't have in any of these other teams.

the celtics are in huge trouble. they are old and miami is clearly a better team now. and of course they can't rely on danny ainge's drafts for anything.

This is an extremely uneducated post. Danny Ainge Drafted Perkins late in the first round. Rondo and Al Jefferson ( used to trade for Garnett ) were also drafted in the later portion of round one. Leon Powe, Big Baby and Ryan Gomes and Bill Walker were all second rounders. Ainge's draft track record is as strong as any GM in the world today.

So your idea of perspecitve is that only rapists and murders can be criticized?

Andy,

Looks like you either misunderstood or jumped the gun based on a phrase that caught your eye. I suggest you read the post that ALP was responding to.

That other poster wrote: "...he deserves nothing but the worst things in life. Why God would allow such a prick so much talent and wealth is beyond me. My only hope is that he blows his knees out and never plays again."

Based on the above, ALP was absolutely right in asking the poster to have things in perspective.

And based on ALP's response, I don't think ALP's perspective is that only rapists and murders should be criticized.

I'll tell you what would make the ultimate reality show: an hour-long live special where Favre decides whether or not to retire -- where he talks to himself and others about what to do, then announces his decision in the show's last 30 seconds. :bricks:

And then changes his mind the next day. ;)

This is an extremely uneducated post. Danny Ainge Drafted Perkins late in the first round. Rondo and Al Jefferson ( used to trade for Garnett ) were also drafted in the later portion of round one. Leon Powe, Big Baby and Ryan Gomes and Bill Walker were all second rounders. Ainge's draft track record is as strong as any GM in the world today.

danny ainge did not draft kendrick perkins - he was drafted by the memphis grizzlies and traded shortly thereafter to the celtics. Rondo was drafted by the suns and then traded the the celts. Leon Powe averaged almost 8 ppg and was not even drafted by the celts - acquired via trade. glen davis was drafted by the sonics and traded to boston.

Last edited:

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back