PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Favre on plane to Minnesota, expected to sign $12M, one-year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know why teams would not continue to stack the box and let favre beat them or beat the vikings. that strategy should still work

i dont know why teams would not continue to stack the box and let favre beat them or beat the vikings. that strategy should still work

Minnesota's first two games:

Cleveland
Detroit

If they stack the box, the Vikings may score 50.

Everyone saying that the Vikings offense is more turnover prone now, remember we had Gus Frerotte last year. So it's still an improvement. lol

Not really.
'08 Vikings 452 attempts and 17 int 1/26.6 attempts
'08 Favre 522 attempts and 22 ints 1/23.7 attempts

'08 T. Jackson QB rating 95.4.......9TD/2 int------int 1.3% of passes
'08 Favre QB rating 81.0......22TD/22 int-----int 4.2% of all passes

Last edited:
So here's the thing, friends.

This afternoon when the rumors were flying, I went to Vikings Splash Page to see if it was legit or not. What popped up was a picture of the ol' hillbilly and the words "Are You Ready 4 Some Football?"

And underneath it, "Limited Number of Season Tickets Packages Still Available!"

I e-mailed the link to my friend who went to Chiefs camp with me, and he promptly wrote back "Yeah right! They couldn't sell out a playoff game last year, what makes them think people will buy season tickets to see a guy on Medicare?!"

I don't care who y'are, that's funny right thar! :D

Not really.

Those stats really only tell part of the story but I'm sure you already know that. for one T. Jack only played in 9 games and didnt even have 150 attempts on the season and only passed for 1,056 yards thats 117 yards per game hardly ever moving the offense and thus went 2-3.

The previous year was much much worse so no need to get into those stats.

He has potential but as of now he's a sh*t QB and for a team that thinks they can win now he's not a viable option.

Wonderful news.

Can wait to see how Favre will screw the Patriots one more time.

To recap;

The sack of monkey sh!t beat us in the 1997 Super Bowl.
He gagged away the last game of the year in 2002 vs the Jets and we lost the division on a tiebreaker.
In the 2007 playoffs, he blew the NFCCG vs the Giants and you all know how that story ended for us.
In 2008, the Jets signed him and got rid of Pennington, who led the Doofins to an 11-5 record and the division title AND, Favre blew the last game of the year vs the Doofins, so we once again lost the division on a tiebreaker.

SO, thanks to this media whore/hillbilly/redneck asshat, we lost two Super Bowls and mised out on the playoffs two other times.

Welcome back to the NFL you over the hill stiff.....................

Those stats really only tell part of the story but I'm sure you already know that. for one T. Jack only played in 9 games and didnt even have 150 attempts on the season and only passed for 1,056 yards thats 117 yards per game hardly ever moving the offense and thus went 2-3.

The previous year was much much worse so no need to get into those stats.

He has potential but as of now he's a sh*t QB and for a team that thinks they can win now he's not a viable option.

Agreed, I didn't say he was a good QB. The poster said that the int rate won't be worse than last year and I'm not so sure. Even T. Jackson's '07 year, he had an int % of 4.1%, less than Favre 4.2% last year.....

Pick a gif: all Favre-related reactions.

izcoxg.gif

2vb3qlc.gif

71fa73072c085b2df9ce0330423f39cd.gif

BabyScaredByTunnel.gif

If i see anyone wearing a purple Farve jersey..i may just punch them in the face.

He's proven himself a blatant liar now... not that any of us didn't know that. Do the Vikings play Kansas by any chance? :)

Sorry to double post, but this should make many of you smile like it made me smile:

Packers not shocked by Favre's Minnesota move - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Nick Barnett on Brett Favre returning said:
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP)—Nick Barnett tried. He really did.

But after reciting the preferred company line on Brett Favre’s upcoming comeback with the Minnesota Vikings—they look forward to playing against any good quarterback, they always enjoy the Vikings rivalry, blah, blah, blah—one of the Green Bay Packers’ most playful personalities couldn’t help himself.

“I think he’s a great quarterback, a great guy, a great leader,” Barnett said. “Would I like to hit him? Hell yeah, I’d like to hit him. All these damn practices out here and they didn’t let us hit him.”

Then the linebacker really hammed it up, looking directly into one of the TV cameras stationed around his locker: “I want to get a nice little shot on you, Brett. I said it. Put it on the bulletin board.”

Good stuff. :D

Not really.

I meant Frerotte in general. I wanted Jackson to start.

Re: OT: Reports: Favre on Vikings plane headed for Minnesota, rumored to join team to

I agree. I would note that
1) Favre definitely did not want to go through the various training camps.
2) Part of the reason for staying out of camp was to make sure he healed well enough to play.

Favre risked $12M rather than come to camp. In the end, Minny let him have his way, accepting him after camp was over.

I don't see the big deal with him retiring and then un-retiring. Last year the dance revolved around his relationship with GB coaches. He would rather retire than give in last year. In the end, he played for someone else.

At a certain point in their careers, a player can call the shots or retire. Favre has long ago reached that point. He's a HOFer with a bit left in his tank. If he plays as well as did last year, he will bring Minny to the playoffs and then who knows. Minny is a much better team than the jets were last year.

Despite the issues, I still say it's a better league with Favre than without him.

Wonderful news.

Can wait to see how Favre will screw the Patriots one more time.

To recap;

The sack of monkey sh!t beat us in the 1997 Super Bowl.
He gagged away the last game of the year in 2002 vs the Jets and we lost the division on a tiebreaker.
In the 2007 playoffs, he blew the NFCCG vs the Giants and you all know how that story ended for us.
In 2008, the Jets signed him and got rid of Pennington, who led the Doofins to an 11-5 record and the division title AND, Favre blew the last game of the year vs the Doofins, so we once again lost the division on a tiebreaker.

SO, thanks to this media whore/hillbilly/redneck asshat, we lost two Super Bowls and mised out on the playoffs two other times.

Welcome back to the NFL you over the hill stiff.....................

Man, that is some seriously depressing sh!t right there.

I was really, really, really hoping that GB could've beaten the Jints, so that we could extract revenge from him for '96 & '02.

For that same reason (among others) I remain very, very bitter about the AFCC loss to the Dolts.

If we could've beaten the Dolts, we would've beated Rex Gross Man & da Bears.
If His Lordship could've beaten the Jints, we would've beaten the Packers.
5 SB championships, incl. revenge on the 2 teams that beat us our other 2 trips.
That would've been a real dynasty, and would've cemented our place in history forever.
Everything else would've been gravy, and I could've died a happy man.

Prior to the 2007 season, did Favre not have a personal trainer who really put him through the paces to get ready for the season? I think that was the year. Turned out great for him, he and the Packers had a great season. Last year, he doesn't have the trainer because he is waffling on the retirement the whole time - what happens? Gets injured and can't play well down the stretch. There's a reason Jerry Rice was able to do so well despite his age - he worked his ass off keeping his body in shape. Favre is 40 years old, he is an injury waiting to happen. Throwing balls to high schoolers is not exactly great conditioning.

Prior to the 2007 season, did Favre not have a personal trainer who really put him through the paces to get ready for the season? I think that was the year. Turned out great for him, he and the Packers had a great season. Last year, he doesn't have the trainer because he is waffling on the retirement the whole time - what happens? Gets injured and can't play well down the stretch. There's a reason Jerry Rice was able to do so well despite his age - he worked his ass off keeping his body in shape. Favre is 40 years old, he is an injury waiting to happen. Throwing balls to high schoolers is not exactly great conditioning.

Favre also committed to the system that season as part of his please let me play one more season and I priomise I'll do it your way tour. He didn't fall off the wagon until that second playoff game. In his first official retirement PC he was brutally honest about the entire set of circumstances. Said after devoting himself to conditioning and actually watching film in the film room instead of dozing he found the entire process utterly draining and he could not do that for another year. He couldn't do what guys like Brady and Manning do. So he was out. I respected him then because he'd admitted for the first time in public that he didn't want to work that hard, only wanted to play on Sundays, the work was mentally draining and took all the fun out of football for him, but he realized it was necessary in today's NFL and therefore he was stepping down. He couldn't be what a franchise truly needed or deserved at the position.

Then he decided since it was all about him that effort wasn't entirely necessary after all.

He basically ripped off the franchise he signed with last season and is doing it again this season with a new one. I could care less about moronic owners and HC's swallowing the bait. I feel for the fans they drag along in the process. And for the fans who worshipped this jerk for over a decade even as he set the bar for INT by a $100M QB. He seems a little ticked at the reception he is getting this time around. But because he is totally self absorbed he will not let it deter him. He said last night he is not worried about his legacy because it is his...and all that matters is how he feels about what he's doing. I hope the HOF voters take that into account when they mull him over on that first ballot in 2015 or 2020...

There goes their season

Hardly. He is an upgrade over either Tavaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels.

If you want a guy who can help get you to the playoffs, then throw a boneheaded interception at a crucial moment to end the season then Favre is the man. Kinda like if you want a guy to help get you to the playoffs with flashy stats, then have his worst game of the season when there like Peyton Manning.

As much as I despise him now, this sideshow of his certainly is compelling to follow.

Hardly. He is an upgrade over either Tavaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels.

If you want a guy who can help get you to the playoffs, then throw a boneheaded interception at a crucial moment to end the season then Favre is the man. Kinda like if you want a guy to help get you to the playoffs with flashy stats, then have his worst game of the season when there like Peyton Manning.

As much as I despise him now, this sideshow of his certainly is compelling to follow.

Yes, but it sets back the development of Jackson (or potential development) for another year with no guarantee of success. Meanwhile, next year, Lord Allaboutme will have found a way to rip the hearts out of the Viking fans, destroy team chemistry, and the organization will still not have a good up and coming QB to take the reins and lead the team.

Regardless of whatever alleged skills Favre may still retain, he is a cancer on whatever team he joins, and the NFL in general.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case