Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who do you want to win the AFC Championship?

• Jets

Votes: 110 55.3%
  • Colts

Votes: 89 44.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed my pick. I'm rooting for brute, and I mean BRUTE physicality.

Tough choice. Two teams that I never want to see win. I went with the Jets, hoping that they get blown out in the Super Bowl.

What I really want to see, though, is some over-the-top, borderline delusional trash talk out of Ryan this week. Stuff like:

• Sanchez is a better QB than Manning
  • The Jets would have beaten the Colts in the regular season even if they didn't pull their starters
  • Manning was lucky to leave that game when he did, because the Jets were just about to turn up the pressure
  • The Colts are afraid of the Jets

Ryan has run his mouth since the day he was hired. I'll be disappointed if he decides to be bashful now. Go for it, Rex. Have Fireman Ed open and close every press conference and interview with the J-e-t-s chant. Wear one of Namath's old fur coats while coaching the game on Sunday. You've got nothing to lose, except the AFCCG.
Kudos Koma. That's good for a giggle :D

I talked to a Dolphins fan at work today to see who is he rooting for this weekend.

I believe the phrase was and I quote: "I hope the stadium burns to the ground"

See no one likes the sackless Colts. They are the dirty whores of the NFL.

I gotta root for the Green team to destroy the Polian-built ***es. Of all the teams left, I'd say they're my 2nd favorite to win it all, after the Saints. Aside from that fact, I'm for whatever motivates the Patriots to make the team better next year. A SB appearance by the Jests will do that, IMO.

I gotta root for the Green team to destroy the Polian-built ***es. Of all the teams left, I'd say they're my 2nd favorite to win it all, after the Saints. Aside from that fact, I'm for whatever motivates the Patriots to make the team better next year. A SB appearance by the Jests will do that, IMO.

A 10-6 record and getting blown out at home in the playoffs wasn't enough motivation?

I talked to a Dolphins fan at work today to see who is he rooting for this weekend.

I believe the phrase was and I quote: "I hope the stadium burns to the ground"

See no one likes the sackless Colts. They are the dirty whores of the NFL.

Sackless Colts? what for pulling starters from a meaningless game?
Dirty whores of the NFL?.....explain please.

The rack or the firing squad. Hmmmm.....

Gotta root for the Jets.

First, it would be so ironic. The Jets would have been mathematically eliminated if they had lost to the Colts week 16, and it was likely the decision to rest their starters that led to the Jets' victory. For the Jets to then eliminate the Bengals (who also rested their starters week 17) and Colts would be poetic justice.

Second, keep the Colts out of the SB, where Manning has no chance. I don't want them to come close to winning a 2nd won and making "team of the decade" noise.

Third, I don't want either team winning the SB, and think the Jets have less chance in the game than the Colts.

Fourth, I think the Jets will be even more arrogant than usual going into next season. That's a good thing. It will be more fun to cut them down.

I just wanna see the Peytie Pout one more time

Jets fans expected Mike Francessa (who has been "hard" aka realistic about the Jets all year) to admit he was "wrong" on his first show since the win.

Instead his show starts off with audio clips of the three miss field goals. :rofl:

Francessa rules.

Last edited:
Gotta root for the Jets.

First, it would be so ironic. The Jets would have been mathematically eliminated if they had lost to the Colts week 16, and it was likely the decision to rest their starters that led to the Jets' victory. For the Jets to then eliminate the Bengals (who also rested their starters week 17) and Colts would be poetic justice.

Second, keep the Colts out of the SB, where Manning has no chance. I don't want them to come close to winning a 2nd won and making "team of the decade" noise.

Third, I don't want either team winning the SB, and think the Jets have less chance in the game than the Colts.

Fourth, I think the Jets will be even more arrogant than usual going into next season. That's a good thing. It will be more fun to cut them down.

^
I am patriots pam and I approve this message.

Now excuse me while I go fetal in a corner and start yet another round of "Bad news: OMFG one of these $#*$#* teams has to win and is going to the SB...Good news: But YAY! one of them has to lose and I will revel in their pain!" until the latter thought makes me feel better for a while.
cry.gif

EDIT: Oh, and NFC champ to win it all this year. Please please please please...

Last edited:
A Day in the Life of Jim Sorgi

7 AM. Wednesday morning. Time to go to work.

Jim awakens and lazily rambles into the shower.

You know, it gets easier and easier to awaken to an empty bed every morning. I can block it out. Well… until I see him.

So here we are, in the playoffs once again. I guess I’m pretty excited. One more win and we’re back in the Super Bowl. It’s kinda nice to be able to do this over and over, year after year.

All because of him.

Jim turns off the shower and walks out. As he gets dressed, he steps on something that makes a loud noise against his wood floor. He looks at the object with disdain, finished getting dressed, and walks out of his room. The object is his Super Bowl ring.

You know, it isn’t that bad being me. I have a pretty nice house, I make almost a million a year, and I really don’t have to do that much. Some might say I have it made. They have no idea what they’re talking about.

Jim finishes his breakfast, walks out the door, turns on his 2002 Toyota Avalon, and pulls out of the driveway.

The drive to work is about 45 minutes one way. It gives a man a lot of time to himself to think.

You know, I used to like him.

Back around 2004, I looked up to him. He was a mentor to me. I can’t say he’s not a good guy… because he is a good guy.

Jim pulls into parking spot 48. He glances towards the practice field. He sees Peyton, playing a rousing game of catch with Reggie and Dallas. Jim lets out a longing, desperate sigh and begins his trek to the film room.

The film room. Oh, how I hate the film room. It used to all make sense. We would go over our offensive game-plan, set a whole new set of cadences and audibles for the upcoming week, I used to find it pretty exciting. Now it’s mundane. The only think coach talks about is “Peyton, this is what you should do. Peyton, the coverage here dictates blah blah ****ing blah.”

The rest of the team quietly files into the film room. Peyton and Jim are seated several rows apart from each other. Peyton sits in the middle of the first row. After some brief introduction and congratulations on the previous game’s effort, Coach Caldwell begins explaining the game plan for the Jets game. Jim can be seen rolling his eyes and nodding off. All of a sudden, the scene changes.

~

“Jim, Jim! Help me, Jim!”

Karen?

“Jim… he’s got me trapped! I never wanted this! I only want you Jim, I love you!”

Don’t worry Karen, I’m coming!

From Jim’s perspective, we see that Jim is running through what appears to be Peyton’s backyard. Jim kicks the back door down, and runs into the kitchen, where his ex-wife, Karen, is handcuffed to the stove.

“Oh Jim, I knew one day you’d come to rescue me. Thank you Jim, I never wanted to leave you. He forced me… he has his ways.”

Karen, it’s okay baby, I miss you so much. Let me get you out of these han…

Suddenly, the room grows dark. Karen is no longer handcuffed to the stove. In fact, Karen is no longer a woman at all. Jim looks up to the towering figure above him, wearing a blue number 18 jersey.

“I’ve been waiting on you, Jim. I told you to stop thinking about me. I don’t want you thinking about me Jim!”

Peyton, I’m so sorry! It’s just a dream, it’s not like I…

Before Jim can finish, Peyton tackles him to the ground. He grabs a pair of scissors from the kitchen counter.

“It’s time to do what I should have done a long time ago, Jim. And just in case you were wondering, in Hell...you’re 3rd string!”

Peyton plunges the scissors towards Jim’s throat…

~

Jim awakes with a start to thunderous applause. The voice at the front of the room has a familiar southern drawl.

“That’s today’s film study, boys,” he says. As everyone files out of the room towards the practice field, Peyton looks Jim directly in the eye, and winks.

Last edited:
A 10-6 record and getting blown out at home in the playoffs wasn't enough motivation?

Don't worry, buddy. If this is, indeed, the downfall of the Patriots then rest assured that the Colts will not be far behind. Enjoy it while you can...

It never should have come to this. But reluctantly, I'll be rooting for the Jets. I root for anyone who plays the Colts. But I hope and pray that the Saints will beat either.

I don't care who wins this game as long as they get smacked in the Super Bowl by the Saints.

So..what they rested for a day which was a bag move I wish they didn't ..So I can hear the end of those '72 dolphins but I am routing for Manning to win over the Jets..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick