PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you be happy if we came out of pick #3 with Maye or Daniels ?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you be happy if the Pats came out of the draft with Maye or Daniels at #3 ?

• Total voters
Its impossible to make an honest judgment until 3 seasons have passed.

Look at Corky Mac. After his inaugural 2021 season folks were getting the champagne ready.
Not so sure about that 3-season rule; I can see how it works for QBs but not for the rest of the team. It seems to me that you generally know in training camp; as I noted here on the very same day, Pop Douglas was the best WR on the field in training camp. AS an extreme example BB said, Lawrence Taylor's talent was pretty obvious from the first day of training camp.

As far as Mac, if you protect him and give him WRs that can get open, he would tear up the field. I hope he tears it up in Jacksonville ...

Last edited:
. The only real difference will be whether it costs them 3 first round picks, or just one first round pick, as it would this year.

I think this is the key . If we draft this year and it busts it's just a first rounder . What surety do we have that the one drafted next year won't be a bust.

I think looking at probabilities and the importance of qb position and the fact that this is a decent qb draft class , you just draft the qb when you are most comfortable with . I am okay if they feel JJ mcCarthy is the best fit and draft him at 3.

Last thing we want is to become too cute and miss out on all the top 4 prospects .

After 14 we have not had much success with first rounders as well. So I am not sure how our trade down will benefit.

With a poker face draft Maye/ Mccarthy and be done with it.. sit then for a year and develop all players.

I think this is the key . If we draft this year and it busts it's just a first rounder . What surety do we have that the one drafted next year won't be a bust.

I think looking at probabilities and the importance of qb position and the fact that this is a decent qb draft class , you just draft the qb when you are most comfortable with . I am okay if they feel JJ mcCarthy is the best fit and draft him at 3.

Last thing we want is to become too cute and miss out on all the top 4 prospects .

After 14 we have not had much success with first rounders as well. So I am not sure how our trade down will benefit.

With a poker face draft Maye/ Mccarthy and be done with it.. sit then for a year and develop all players.
While there is lots of misinformation being put out now, I have heard that both the Giants and Vikings love JJ McCarthy.

JJ McCarthy at #3 should not be a shocker to anyone, whether it be the Pats or whoever they trade the pick to.

JJ McCarthy at #3 should not be a shocker to anyone, whether it be the Pats or whoever they trade the pick to.
It won't be a shock to me and imo it's what will happen.

This is purely guesswork but i think Washington take Maye at 2 and we pass on Daniels and take JJ at 3 and a team trades up with Arizona and takes Daniels at 4.

His build is concerning especially considering for how much he runs. He was listed at 209, but he doesn’t look it. At the Heisman award show, he’s next to MHJ, Penix, and Nix. By comparison he didn’t look over 200. His shoulders and hips are so narrow.

Like you said, he played with exceptional talent. Through his first four years (all starting), he wasn’t considered an early round pick. He was great last year and put up huge numbers, but the talent he played with was crazy. His OL was named in the top four in the nation and he had the best receiving corps in the country. When he sat out the bowl game, his backup threw for 395 yards and 3 touchdowns.
Yep ...that's what worries me!

Yep ...that's what worries me!

He has the exact same build as Randall Cunningham, who played 16 seasons in a far more violent NFL Cumngham was 6’4 212 at his Combine, Daniels is 6’3 5/8 210 at his pro day. And both play the same type of game.

He has the exact same build as Randall Cunningham, who played 16 seasons in a far more violent NFL Cumngham was 6’4 212 at his Combine, Daniels is 6’3 5/8 210 at his pro day. And both play the same type of game.
I was thinking about him playing behind a stud line with stud receivers. Not that that is an automatic disqualifier, but kinda reminds me of a certain alabama quarterback, whose name will not be spoken here, that also had a stud line with stud receivers.

I'm ok with whichever one of the two likes bologna sandwiches.

I was thinking about him playing behind a stud line with stud receivers. Not that that is an automatic disqualifier, but kinda reminds me of a certain alabama quarterback, whose name will not be spoken here, that also had a stud line with stud receivers.

Yep, when I watch Jayden Daniels winning games with last minute drives, extending plays for big first downs, and breaking out of the pocket for 40 Yard touchdown runs the first thing I say to myself is “ man, that guy plays exactly like Mac Jones.” Great comparison. Right on the money. My other comparisons for Mac Jones are Ben Roethlisberger, because he’s so tough to bring down, and John Elway, because of the incredible athleticism, and last minute heroics.

After these pro days, we know exactly zero more than we did last week.

People need to remind themselves why Aaron Rodgers dropped to the low 20s after he was considered the potential 1st guy taken, and why Patrick Mahomes went at #10.

They had pretty putrid pro days. Mahomes in particular was called erratic.

I'm sure it was the Kansas City scouts spreading that all around the NFL.

Washington's Dan Quinn was seen shaking his head at a bad Drake Maye throw and so he walked away.

That's a really good acting job/show from Dan Quinn.

Congratulations to all these people trying to make this week's farce seem like it's much more important than it is.

What I want to know: who has the ability to read the defense and maneuver around the pocket? Who has the guts to stand in there and deliver when you know you're going to get hit? Who has the mental makeup to show leadership when you've been pounded and you're hurting and you don't seem to have any of the answers?

Those questions can't be answered at the combine or on pro day.

I will admit that Drake Maye being a QB in the ACC scares me a little bit. But... we'll see.

All top 3 QBs are in sack island territory. Look at Penix.

20240328_192404.jpg

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back