Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who do you want to win the AFC Championship?

• Jets

Votes: 110 55.3%
  • Colts

Votes: 89 44.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
lmao, wow. The fact you actually believe the rule was just re-enforced is pretty sad. It's pretty easy to see the rule was changed. Are you one of those people that believed **** Cheney when he said waterboarding was just "enhanced interrogation"? lol

The NFL came out and said they enforced the rule. The reason you're arguing against that and piecing together a different story is because it suits your premise that the Colts had a rule change, when they actually didn't. You can roll with your dream scenario that the Colts had a new rule put into the books while I roll with the FACT that the rule was just re-enforced. You can proceed to make up garbage such as that on the fly though, just know you're wrong because not one source connected with the NFL will say that rule was put in or changed. Get your facts straight before you spout off, and before you dispute what I said again, give me your factual source instead of the bull that's coming out of your mouth.

Seriously? Are you that dumb? Law was in his prime when he was a Patriot. Of course his play is going to decline when he got older. Law was still a good corner in 2004 (so after the rule change) before he got injured. Got any more theories?

Keep the personal insults flying as it continues to make you look like an immature, naive child who can't handle a debate with another human being.

And your logic is flawed, majorly. Law wasn't out of his prime in New York. He had a career high 10 interceptions there. If you consider that out of your prime in any sort of fashion, then you're clueless. Secondly, even if Law was out of his prime, that doesn't mean his style of play changed. He was the same over aggressive corner that he was when he was in New England. Holding, grabbing, and consistently taking the offensive on WRs. He was like that in New England, he was like that in New York. He got called for it in New York, but never got called for it in New England. It's simple logic, the rule wasn't enforced while he was in New England but the rule was enforced when he was New York, hence why he led the league in pass interferences with New York but was called for nothing of the sort with New England. Do you get it now, or must I fire some extra repetition your way until you can comprehend my logic so you can at last put forth a reasonable response?

The rule was "re-enforced" because of the outcry from the Colts. Wasn't Polian on the Competition Committee in 2003 too? Go figure.

This part of your post holds no water to my argument because I never disputed that Polian was on the competition committee, why you asked that question and followed it up with a wise answer is beyond me.

Yes, it was re-enforced. Polian did bring it up to the competition committee. The problem is that you act as if Polian complained, and boom it was changed. You act as if he had the power to change any rule to benefit the Colts. Whatever he says is done, right? So if he wanted a rule that made it illegal for a corner back to be on the field at the same time as Reggie Wayne, it would be done, right? No. He brought it up. The league reviewed the tape of the 2003 game and gave it thought. They looked upon it and saw a problem. The Colts WRs were at a major disadvantage on the Patriots defensive backs because of how over aggressive they were being. It's one thing to be physical, bump a receiver at the line. It's another to physically grab a players jersey or ring him up by his neck like they did to Pollard that's still famous to this day.

Further proof? McGinest said Belichick coached them to continuously do what they do until a flag was called. That's how they played. Nothing wrong with it because they got away with it, but now that your defensive backs can't have a different style of physical play from every other team in the NFL, you take it out on us? Maybe learning to play defense like every other team in the NFL would work, don't you think? Everybody else does it.

Hilarious, talking down to me because I live in Canada. I'm a Pats fan through and through, you dumbass. It has nothing to do with becoming a dynasty. I don't live in New England, so that makes me a bandwagoner? **** off.

I haven't heard that one before. :rolleyes:

Take off the blinders buddy. It's amazing that fans from other teams (on different forums to boot) have said the exact same thing. The Colts get aided by officiating more than other team in the NFL. Don't even try to dispute this.

As for examples, I'm not going to go game-by-game, but here's a couple for you from playoff games.

2005 Divisional: a Colt clearly fumbles, Polamalu recovers it. Somehow the play is overturned, giving the Colts a chance to tie the game up

2006 AFC Championship: Ellis Hobbs is flagged for faceguarding in the endzone. That was not a rule and the NFL later admitted it was a terrible call. The ball gets moved to the 1 and the Colts tie the game on the next play.

If you want one from this year aside from the Texans game, go look at Bethea's interception in the endzone at the end of the first half against the Cardinals. He grabs Boldin, pulls him back a yard, and catches the ball.

Like I said, I try not to watch Colts games because it's the same **** every game.

Let me bring up a few for the Patriots:

2001 AFC Divisional Game: Charles Woodson comes off the corner, hits Brady's arm as he is tucking the ball back into his shirt (he wasn't throwing the ball), it was ruled a fumble and then Mr. Patriot over turned the call. If that wasn't a fumble, then a running back could take the hand off, pump fake the ball, and be void from a fumble for the rest of the play. "Go figure".

2007 vs. Ravens: Brady gets stopped on 4th down on what would have ended the game, but Rex Ryan called a timeout. The problem? The defensive coordinator isn't allowed to call a timeout in the NFL. The timeout should not have been granted, the game should have been over, right then and there.

It doesn't end there. Same game, Brady throws into triple coverage to Watson over the middle and a horrible holding call is made. That was 4th down, the game would have over again. Was Mr. Patriot reffing that one? Because it was ridiculous watching the refs drive down field for the game winning score.

2009 vs. Ravens: Brady barley gets touched, asks for a flag, and gets it because he's the poster/golden boy of the NFL and whatever he wishes gets granted. Probably the worst roughing call in recent memory. Had a huge impact on the game.

And it so pathetically ironic that you used that Bethea interception as an example when you LIVED OFF that style of play and making plays of that style of play during your whole Super Bowl fiasco.

It's ridiculous how you accuse the Colts of getting all the calls when that's not even remotely close to what happens. They were bounced out of the playoffs last season because the officials kept a drive alive twice. The Chargers didn't convert, they got two first downs on third downs because of yellow flags. However, you will completely ignore penalties that go against us and routinely continue your fictional rant that the Colts get all the calls.

Like I said, they've gotten about one phantom pass interference this year. Didn't the Patriots get an awful one against the Bills this year? If you can come on here and bring up multiple phantom calls we have gotten over the course of this year, then post them. You talk a big game on here, back it up. I know you won't which is why I'm daring you to, and I know you can't. You just blurt out random theories that insults the Colts. You aren't unique.

How did I do?

You're on a rival message board defending every knock on the Colts. What does that say about you?

Well, I think you're trying to say I'm a low life. Don't flatter yourself, you're out of the playoffs because you got bounced by a Ravens team that we flat out dominated on Saturday. I visit more boards then this board, I wonder how many times I have to tell you that before you stop making your that same, repetitive immature comment in every post.

Last edited:
Let me bring up a few for the Patriots:

2001 AFC Divisional Game: Charles Woodson comes off the corner, hits Brady's arm as he is tucking the ball back into his shirt (he wasn't throwing the ball), it was ruled a fumble and then Mr. Patriot over turned the call. If that wasn't a fumble, then a running back could take the hand off, pump fake the ball, and be void from a fumble for the rest of the play. "Go figure".

2007 vs. Ravens: Brady gets stopped on 4th down on what would have ended the game, but Rex Ryan called a timeout. The problem? The defensive coordinator isn't allowed to call a timeout in the NFL. The timeout should not have been granted, the game should have been over, right then and there.

It doesn't end there. Same game, Brady throws into triple coverage to Watson over the middle and a horrible holding call is made. That was 4th down, the game would have over again. Was Mr. Patriot reffing that one? Because it was ridiculous watching the refs drive down field for the game winning score.

2009 vs. Ravens: Brady barley gets touched, asks for a flag, and gets it because he's the poster/golden boy of the NFL and whatever he wishes gets granted. Probably the worst roughing call in recent memory. Had a huge impact on the game.

And it so pathetically ironic that you used that Bethea interception as an example when you LIVED OFF that style of play and making plays of that style of play during your whole Super Bowl fiasco.

It's ridiculous how you accuse the Colts of getting all the calls when that's not even remotely close to what happens. They were bounced out of the playoffs last season because the officials kept a drive alive twice. The Chargers didn't convert, they got two first downs on third downs because of yellow flags. However, you will completely ignore penalties that go against us and routinely continue your fictional rant that the Colts get all the calls.

OOOOOO they ain't gonna like this!!!! You can't state facts and examples to back up your argument! That's not allowed!!!!!

Everyone knows the Colts are the only team in the league who have ever benefited from a ref's mistake! EVER! Stop bringing up these scenarios!

Besides, what you SAW in those games was actually FAKE footage planted in the broadcasts by Bill Polian in an evil attempt to make it look like refs make mistakes in all games.

Dear FootballlFan85 and RWayne911....

GIVE IT UP.

No one cares.

Thanks

Colts didn't have fans before 06.

There wasn't a choice for the Lucas Oil center roof to collapsed due to the Colts sound system and the Jets were cited for cheating, so both teams were eliminated and the NFL choose to flip a coin to determine the AFC rep for the SB.

The Colts aren't even the most popular football team in their own state.

Peyton Manning will leave the NFL as a one hit wonder with great regular season stats that will eventually be surpassed in this evolving passing league.

Colts didn't have fans before 06.

Fail_Dog.jpg

Dude, I hate the Colts as much as the next guy. But that statement is just so far off it's hilarious. That's like people saying that the Pats didn't have fans before '01.

Fail_Dog.jpg

Dude, I hate the Colts as much as the next guy. But that statement is just so far off it's hilarious. That's like people saying that the Pats didn't have fans before '01.

The Colts were nothing in the state of Indiana before last decade. Its not far off.

Die thread!

DIE!!!

The Colts were nothing in the state of Indiana before last decade. Its not far off.

So now the statement has changed to "the last decade". Well done...

Re: It's a difficult question but....

Honestly, Jets. Im so sick of seeing Peyton throw a bad pass and whine incessantly about pass interference and getting it. The refs are way to easily swayed by the Colts and Im sick of it.

Cosmic justice would produce a Jets win, but Manning often seems to overwhelm cosmic justice(which is only a theoretical concept.)

So now the statement has changed to "the last decade". Well done...

I knew you would pick that little part out. Good job kiddo

Colts didn't have the fanbase they have now before 06 and during the last decade. That's all you had for a response? move along

Re: It's a difficult question but....

Cosmic justice would produce a Jets win, but Manning often seems to overwhelm cosmic justice(which is only a theoretical concept.)

Cosmic justice would've had Manning choking to death on an Oreo cookie ... or suffer a broken foot from a Sony television tipping over.

Living close to NY I have always been a staunch Jets hater - reveling in their badness. yet, for some reason I am finding myself rooting for them. is it AFC East loyalty? - is it that the pre-Kraft Pats franchise was also quite Jetesque?
Is it dislike of the Colts... dunno.. either way

J-E-T-..s .. forget it

Last edited:
I knew you would pick that little part out. Good job kiddo

Colts didn't have the fanbase they have now before 06 and during the last decade. That's all you had for a response? move along

Of course not. That's a bandwagoner for ya. The Patriots certainly didn't have the fanbase they have no before 2001. And, even then, the Patriots didn't have the same fanbase then as they got in 2007. There's always going to be the bandwagoner effect. However, your original point was that "the Colts didn't have fans before 2006". That's just ridiculous. The Colts had a lot of hardcore fans prior to that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back