Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who do you want to win the AFC Championship?

• Jets

Votes: 110 55.3%
  • Colts

Votes: 89 44.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another reason why we should all want the jets to win, draft position. We get a higher draft picks if the jets makes it to the super bowl.

The Rats annoy me but I don't feel real hate for them. However, I do despise the Colts and everything they stand for. Jets beating the Colts would be hysterical. It was one thing seeing Phillip Rivers and LaClassian lose AGAIN but the Colts losing would be even funnier. The Jets are a monster spawned by the Colts cowardice and it would be big time Karma if the Green Beans made it to Miami. That said I'm still rooting for an NFC win at the big dance with Saints my preference.

Re: It's a difficult question but....

Honestly, Jets. Im so sick of seeing Peyton throw a bad pass and whine incessantly about pass interference and getting it. The refs are way to easily swayed by the Colts and Im sick of it.

Umm did you see the week 4 game between NE and Baltimore. You Pat fans have no right to complain about BS calls and baiting the refs after those bogus roughing calls. What a joke.

I voted for the Colts. I'd like to see a Manning vs Favre Superbowl, that would be one for the ages. Like Bradshaw vs Staubach, Favre vs Elway, Montana vs Marino, Elway vs Montana. That would be a great entertaining match up.

Rivers vs Breese would have been a good "upstart" QB matchup between 2 guys that have never won, but with Manning having 1 ring and Favre having 1 ring, its a great battle of legendary QBs (regardless of hatred for either, Favre and Manning are both clearly hall of fame QBs)

Plus...I can't stand the New Jersey Jets. I don't like their fans, having lived in NJ most of my life and I hate Rex from his days in Baltimore. Plus I don't want a Rookie QB who came out a year early getting into the SB, that's just got so much garbage associated with it in the long term, and the media love Sanchez would get, just makes me ill to think about.

Give me the Manning vs Favre matchup and I'll be a very happy camper.

Vikes to win it, would be very nice, for that Franchise to finally get a ring would be somethings special, and it would turn all the Favre haters stomachs to watch him lift the trophy again. Of coarse we'd have to deal with the "am I coming back" nonsense in the off season, but still, that would be the best game.

Jest Saints...blech, go Saints, Colts vs Saints...couldn't care, but maybe the Saints since they never won, but Vikings vs Colts would be great.

Hope the Jets win. I detest Polian. The fat bastard is one hell of a coach and is not afraid to tell most of the truth to anyone who will listen. Unlike BB who's press conferences are one continual bore.

Hope the Jets win. I detest Polian. The fat bastard is one hell of a coach and is not afraid to tell most of the truth to anyone who will listen. Unlike BB who's press conferences are one continual bore.

so as a Patriots fan would you want the Jets to win this week, only to lose the Super Bowl knowing the off season would be full of New Jersey Jets fans talking endlessly about how great they are if they pull off the miracle and actually win this thing?

so as a Patriots fan would you want the Jets to win this week, only to lose the Super Bowl knowing the off season would be full of New Jersey Jets fans talking endlessly about how great they are if they pull off the miracle and actually win this thing?

I would actually hope for the Jest to get to the SB to get blown away so all the fans can go back to the same ol jets mantra.

I voted for the Colts. I'd like to see a Manning vs Favre Superbowl, that would be one for the ages. Like Bradshaw vs Staubach, Favre vs Elway, Montana vs Marino, Elway vs Montana. That would be a great entertaining match up.

Rivers vs Breese would have been a good "upstart" QB matchup between 2 guys that have never won, but with Manning having 1 ring and Favre having 1 ring, its a great battle of legendary QBs (regardless of hatred for either, Favre and Manning are both clearly hall of fame QBs)

Plus...I can't stand the New Jersey Jets. I don't like their fans, having lived in NJ most of my life and I hate Rex from his days in Baltimore. Plus I don't want a Rookie QB who came out a year early getting into the SB, that's just got so much garbage associated with it in the long term, and the media love Sanchez would get, just makes me ill to think about.

Give me the Manning vs Favre matchup and I'll be a very happy camper.

Vikes to win it, would be very nice, for that Franchise to finally get a ring would be somethings special, and it would turn all the Favre haters stomachs to watch him lift the trophy again. Of coarse we'd have to deal with the "am I coming back" nonsense in the off season, but still, that would be the best game.

Jest Saints...blech, go Saints, Colts vs Saints...couldn't care, but maybe the Saints since they never won, but Vikings vs Colts would be great.

Thats pretty much what I'm thinking.

The Rats annoy me but I don't feel real hate for them. However, I do despise the Colts and everything they stand for. Jets beating the Colts would be hysterical. It was one thing seeing Phillip Rivers and LaClassian lose AGAIN but the Colts losing would be even funnier. The Jets are a monster spawned by the Colts cowardice and it would be big time Karma if the Green Beans made it to Miami. That said I'm still rooting for an NFC win at the big dance with Saints my preference.

Everything they stand for? I always felt since Jim Irsay took over as owner they were a classy organization. To me they seem to stand for character, accountabilty and hard work. How can anybody despise that? Sounds to me like most on here just have a very strong hatred for Peyton Manning, maybe a little jelousy the way the past couple of years have gone their way, plus in some peoples mind it just might inch Manning towards another arquement for Manning GOAT. Anyway, I would have to say Colts over Jets. Why would a Pats fan want the Jets to gain a little more swagger for 2010?

Everything they stand for? I always felt since Jim Irsay took over as owner they were a classy organization. To me they seem to stand for character, accountabilty and hard work. How can anybody despise that? Sounds to me like most on here just have a very strong hatred for Peyton Manning, maybe a little jelousy the way the past couple of years have gone their way, plus in some peoples mind it just might inch Manning towards another arquement for Manning GOAT. Anyway, I would have to say Colts over Jets. Why would a Pats fan want the Jets to gain a little more swagger for 2010?
Hmmm... Judging from your three posts I'd say you sound to me like a Chickens fan, so I'm not shocked that you'd pick them.

Simple. We want the Jets to beat the Colts this weekend. 1. it would prove what a fraud the Colts are to let them into the playoff's to begin with. 2. The Jets will get blown away in the Superbowl by both teams in the NFC. and 3. I want to see plenty of Manningfaces!!:D:D

Its quite simple really you just want to beat the Jets senseless all day long everyday and when they don't get up again and its safe to walk away and pick another fight you would go for the Colts.

I want the Jets to lose, to hell with draft position or anything else.

And just thinking a little further, a good running game and D in the superbowl works. I just couldn't take the Jets winning the superbowl.

I want the Jets to knock off the Colts then lose to NO in Superbowl. That is the best dream I can come up with given the sad state of affairs.

Simple. We want the Jets to beat the Colts this weekend. 1. it would prove what a fraud the Colts are to let them into the playoff's to begin with. 2. The Jets will get blown away in the Superbowl by both teams in the NFC. and 3. I want to see plenty of Manningfaces!!:D:D

Like the rest of world saw the look on Brady's face in New Orleans (after they quit, to avoid possible injuries) or after the Rat birds gave him his first home playoff loss? Got to be careful for what you wish for, you just might get it. I say pop the fat Rexy ballon ASAP. He already opned his mouth about not being afraid of the Pats and to go to a Super Bowl his first year at the Jets?!?!?!?! I would hate to hear that all off season and swell that ego for next seasnon.

Like the rest of world saw the look on Brady's face in New Orleans (after they quit, to avoid possible injuries) or after the Rat birds gave him his first home playoff loss? Got to be careful for what you wish for, you just might get it. I say pop the fat Rexy ballon ASAP. He already opned his mouth about not being afraid of the Pats and to go to a Super Bowl his first year at the Jets?!?!?!?! I would hate to hear that all off season and swell that ego for next seasnon.

You do make a good point. Rexy will swell before next season.

LOL!

What? You mean when the refs let the players actually play? The ensuing *****fest from Polian and the Colts was embarrassing. But I guess if Manning doesn't win, something has to be changed, eh? The funny thing is, the next year the Patriots beat them even worse while playing by Indy's rules.

Just incase you didn't know, it wasn't Polian who literally interpreted the new rules.

First off, I'd like to teach you something. A rule wasn't changed or made after the Patriots cheap ways. The rule was re-enforced. Learn to read, educate yourself on the game of football, then come back to me with the earth shattering nonsense coming out of your mouth.

They didn't take away the privilege to let players "play". Everybody outside of New England knew what they were doing. Willie McGinist admitted what they were doing. Their method of play was to hold, grab, and do whatever they need to receivers to stop them from getting separation.

The infamous picture of Pollard being rung up on that 4th down in the 2003 AFC Championship game was the icing on the cake. The Patriots wouldn't even let WRs run their routes. You actually think the personnel you had in 2001 was good enough to stop the greatest show on turf?

Why do you think Ty Law led the league in pass interferences when he arrived in New York? Because he couldn't do what he did in New England for years that made him this "elite" corner.

It's one thing to play past the rules a bit. The rule was re-enforced by the league (not Polian) after further review and seeing what the Patriots did in 2003. NFL Network had a damn segment on the thing, you hear the embarrassment in the radio commentary they were showing to you as they show that last drive effort by the Colts. The Patriots bent the rules too far, and they knew it. McGinist knew it too.

And it's good you listed four games where the Colts got the short end of the stick. How many examples do you want me to give where the refs ****ed over the other team? There have been so many phantom pass interference calls in favour of the Colts that it's become unbearable to watch them play. All Manning has to do is throw it up and if his receiver doesn't make the catch, there's a good chance a flag will be there to help.

Name the games where a phantom P.I. was put out there. Funny, we wouldn't even have a dynasty if it weren't for Walt Coleman's horrific call in 2001, and you want to talk about referees? You wouldn't be on this forum, on this bandwagon, or a fan of this team if Coleman didn't make that call.

The games this year where a "phantom" P.I. was called was in the second Texans game on Pierre Garcon. That was reviewed by the VP of officiating, otherwise you're reaching to your ass for excuses because those two interferences on Saturday were blatant interferences. Just because they called them in favor of the Colts on Saturday doesn't mean they were phantom or fake.

I already know what your reply is going to be. "Why are you here", or "why are you making excuses?". Expecting a logical retaliation from you is nearly impossible - enjoy the rest of the playoffs.

Last edited:
Just incase you didn't know, it wasn't Polian who literally interpreted the new rules.

First off, I'd like to teach you something. A rule wasn't changed or made after the Patriots cheap ways. The rule was re-enforced. Learn to read, educate yourself on the game of football, then come back to me with the earth shattering nonsense coming out of your mouth.

They didn't take away the privilege to let players "play". Everybody outside of New England knew what they were doing. Willie McGinist admitted what they were doing. Their method of play was to hold, grab, and do whatever they need to receivers to stop them from getting separation.

The infamous picture of Pollard being rung up on that 4th down in the 2003 AFC Championship game was the icing on the cake. The Patriots wouldn't even let WRs run their routes. You actually think the personnel you had in 2001 was good enough to stop the greatest show on turf?

Why do you think Ty Law led the league in pass interferences when he arrived in New York? Because he couldn't do what he did in New England for years that made him this "elite" corner.

It's one thing to play past the rules a bit. The rule was re-enforced by the league (not Polian) after further review and seeing what the Patriots did in 2003. NFL Network had a damn segment on the thing, you hear the embarrassment in the radio commentary they were showing to you as they show that last drive effort by the Colts. The Patriots bent the rules too far, and they knew it. McGinist knew it too.

Name the games where a phantom P.I. was put out there. Funny, we wouldn't even have a dynasty if it weren't for Walt Coleman's horrific call in 2001, and you want to talk about referees? You wouldn't be on this forum, on this bandwagon, or a fan of this team if Coleman didn't make that call.

The games this year where a "phantom" P.I. was called was in the second Texans game on Pierre Garcon. That was reviewed by the VP of officiating, otherwise you're reaching to your ass for excuses because those two interferences on Saturday were blatant interferences. Just because they called them in favor of the Colts on Saturday doesn't mean they were phantom or fake.

I already know what your reply is going to be. "Why are you here", or "why are you making excuses?". Expecting a logical retaliation from you is nearly impossible - enjoy the rest of the playoffs.

Wow. So we are really still a threat to the NFL huh?

No, I dont think the Pats are a threat in the NFL any more, well not this season anyway. Have to wait and see next seson though.

Although I an not a fan of Manning, I have a disdain for Sanchez & his tub-of-lard coach.

So, Colts all the way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes