PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts injuries (Sanders, Hayden, Jackson, Gonzalez, Hagler) - merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: OT - Colts injuries - MERGED UMBRELLA THREAD

Thier undefeated record is in damn serious jeopardy right now.

Unfortunately for the Colts, Manning and Wayne can't play defense...this team could suddenly struggle to win 10 games this year...thier defense is in shambles.

disagree...... The Schedule is FLUFF

weakest i have ever seen.

PATS will win for sure now.

Last edited:
Re: OT: Colts lose LB and WR Gonzalez

Calls change the course of games, against 'better' teams and 'losing' teams. The notion that they are just an excuse is simply a way to gloss over their impact.
This is the Raider theme song from 2001. The last 1:45 of play, AV's kick, 8+ minutes of OT...none of it mattered. It was the bad call that determined the outcme of the game.

Such horsecrap.

There are 60 minutes of football played (68 in that Raider game). If you say the outcome is changed by a few seconds of that ixty minutes, you might as well say the outcome was changed by a gust of win that blew a pass an inch to the side, a bounce of the ball, a clump of turf and slightly hindered someone, a flashbulb distracting a player, a cloud passing over the sun....

Whatever, man. If two teams are so equal in playing that after 60 minutes, it all comes down to one call in a game where probablly 6 calls could have gone either way, then neither team has a gripe about losing.

Yeah, the Pats have been on the side of bad calls, too, but you know what, if they had played better for the other 59 minutes and 45 seconds, that call wouldn't have mattered.

disagree...... The Schedule is FLUFF

weakest i have ever seen.

PATS will win for sure now.

psst...read again, you're actually agreeing! :p

Re: OT: Colts CB Marlin Jackson out for season with ACL torn in practice Wednesday

I'm with you, but I must remind myself that the Colts are a team that can lose a lot but still be really good. Still, with a shaky secondary and a defense that can be run on we'll score our points and I think we'll do surprisingly well against their pass with our vastly improved secondary, especially McGowan being critical likely taking on Clark.
Indeed, points scored shouldn't be a major concern for the Pats in this game the way things are shaping up.

On the other side of the ball, it is my opinion that containing Clark is the #1 key in controlling that offense and if McGowan is up to the task then BB will have significant flexibility in devising ways to cover Wayne. That would go a monumental way in stopping the Colts on offense because I don't believe they are going to be able to run on us straight up.

psst...read again, you're actually agreeing! :p

I should have quoted only "10 wins segment"

that is what I mean..... they will win more than 10

Re: OT - Colts injuries

I figure since you have 8 threads open on it one more wouldn't hurt. No pun intended.

So far this week...

Bob Sanders done for the year with a torn bicep tendon
Marlin Jackson done for the year with a torn ACL
Tyjuan Hagler done for the year with a torn bicep
Anthony Gonzalez has surgery to clean up his knee and will miss 2 to 3 more weeks
Kelvin Hayden injured his knee and will miss the next 4 weeks

Big hits, mainly on defense. Next man up.

I think we should have a mod merge and sticky at the rate your guys are dropping...

Would also piss off our one trick pony...

Just read over on Freaks that Bob has started 8 of 23 games since signing that contract...WOW.

Last edited:
Re: OT - Colts injuries - MERGED UMBRELLA THREAD

Well the Colts sure haven't gotten a very good ROI since signing Sanders to that huge contract. With him out the rest of the way, I wonder how many games he will have started for the Colts come seasons end since signing the deal?

You know if you open your bedroom window and listen closely, you can almost hear the herd of 10,000 bettors in Las Vegas at this very second jumping on the Texans +9 against the Colts before the spread drops to 5 or 6 by Sunday :)

No way in the world the Colts cover that 9 point spread with 3 serious injuries in the past week.

Thier undefeated record is in damn serious jeopardy right now.

Unfortunately for the Colts, Manning and Wayne can't play defense...this team could suddenly struggle to win 10 games this year...thier defense is in shambles.

but as long as you have number 18, you have a chance to blah blah blah, and blahdi blah blah blah, blah blah blah blahdi blahdi blah. If you take away number 18, then blahdi blahdi blah blah blah MVP blah blah blah.

I figure since you have 8 threads open on it one more wouldn't hurt. No pun intended.

So far this week...

Anthony Gonzalez has surgery to clean up his knee and will miss 2 to 3 more weeks

Workhorse, if you're still around, I know Donald Brown has been practicing but is he ready to go ? I don't trust the Colts at all with injuries and he could practice fully with a hurt shoulder if they're non contact practices. Just curious, especially with us being next on the schedule.

So far this week...

Bob Sanders => Melvin Bullitt
Marlin Jackson => Jerraud Powers
Kelvin Hayden => Jacob Lacey
Tyjuan Hagler => Philip Wheeler

Bullitt and Powers were starting anyway. Wheeler seems to fit well in the Colts scheme. Don't know anything about Lacey.

My concern would be around sub packages. Have Jennings as a nickel back, but it looks like special teamers after that. It doesn't look like the Colts could go dime even if they wanted to.

Now Sanders is gone...wow...they have taken large hits now...they have four tough games Houston twice...NE and Balt...with Denver and the Jets to go..Looks like the iron for another team as well as the Pats

Workhorse, if you're still around, I know Donald Brown has been practicing but is he ready to go ? I don't trust the Colts at all with injuries and he could practice fully with a hurt shoulder if they're non contact practices. Just curious, especially with us being next on the schedule.

Ya sounds like he is good to go. He wanted to play last week, but they held him out.

I think we should have a mod merge and sticky at the rate your guys are dropping...

Would also piss off our one trick pony...

Just read over on Freaks that Bob has started 8 of 23 games since signing that contract...WOW.

What the F are you coming to our board for????

And you, workhorse, get the ell out of here!!!!

IUCPF

Re: OT: Colts lose LB and WR Gonzalez

This is the Raider theme song from 2001. The last 1:45 of play, AV's kick, 8+ minutes of OT...none of it mattered. It was the bad call that determined the outcme of the game.

Such horsecrap.

There are 60 minutes of football played (68 in that Raider game). If you say the outcome is changed by a few seconds of that ixty minutes, you might as well say the outcome was changed by a gust of win that blew a pass an inch to the side, a bounce of the ball, a clump of turf and slightly hindered someone, a flashbulb distracting a player, a cloud passing over the sun....

Whatever, man. If two teams are so equal in playing that after 60 minutes, it all comes down to one call in a game where probablly 6 calls could have gone either way, then neither team has a gripe about losing.

Yeah, the Pats have been on the side of bad calls, too, but you know what, if they had played better for the other 59 minutes and 45 seconds, that call wouldn't have mattered.

Anyone who doesn't think bad calls can have a huge effect on games, even regarding good teams, has probably never played competitive sports on a higher level than Little League.

One would think that a fan base that had the Ben Dreith call made against them would understand this.

Last edited:

Bullitt and Powers were starting anyway. Wheeler seems to fit well in the Colts scheme. Don't know anything about Lacey.

My concern would be around sub packages. Have Jennings as a nickel back, but it looks like special teamers after that. It doesn't look like the Colts could go dime even if they wanted to.

If we could still trade I wonder if the Colts would be flooded with calls,like BB calling to grab a 4th rounder next season from Indy for Wheatley :)

since I reported most of them.

OUCH:violent:

Really? I thought Shefter was reporting most of them.

Wow! What a serious rash of injuries? We will find out if the Colts have any depth especially in the secondary. The Colts are lucky they have a cake schedule, but they only can lose so many players before they run out of quality players. They have already lost 4 starters on defense at least until Hayden comes back.

I hate to see injuries and would much rather see a healthy Colts team fall apart.

If we could still trade I wonder if the Colts would be flooded with calls,like BB calling to grab a 4th rounder next season from Indy for Wheatley :)

Or just send them J.Sanders so they can keep the locker nameplate and jersey. Reuse and recycle whenever possible.

That's about how it should break down. Lacey is an UDFA that has really impressed. He has started a couple games already and has log a decent amount of minutes. The big issue now is depth. If anyone else gets hurt practice squad guys will be starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3