PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts injuries (Sanders, Hayden, Jackson, Gonzalez, Hagler) - merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Colts injuries (Sanders, Jackson, Gonzalez, Hagler) - MERGED UMBRELLA THREAD

Without this recent super merge, almost half of the threads on the front page would have been dedicated to the Colts, and we don't play until next week

I have to believe your computer has a calculator function.

Re: OT: Colts injuries (Sanders, Jackson, Gonzalez, Hagler) - MERGED UMBRELLA THREAD

You all seem rather concerned with the Colts this year. I mean you're facing a division rival that has a very good chance to make it a game..

...but I've seen more Colts threads on this board in the last few days than Dolphin threads

Without this recent super merge, almost half of the threads on the front page would have been dedicated to the Colts, and we don't play until next week

what gives?

The LOLphins have an offense that some high school teams could shut down because Henne has struggled since taking over, and we covered a lot of Dolphins stuff when it was Jets/Dolphins during the bye week. The Colts are undefeated and are going public with a rash of injuries in recent hours.

Other than Joey Porter and his sad case of "Can'tshutupitus", what's there really to talk about with the LOLphins that hasn't been covered in the past 14 days?

You all seem rather concerned with the Colts this year. I mean you're facing a division rival that has a very good chance to make it a game..

...but I've seen more Colts threads on this board in the last few days than Dolphin threads

what gives?

Its not the dolphins game is meh, its just the Pats vs. Colts game is the ultimate showdown Pats fans have been waiting for.

1. Colts could be undefeated
2. Pats fans diss their easy schedule
3. Colts fans diss the pats for being 5-2.
4. We could be catching their defense at the right time.

what gives?

Hell, it's never to early to talk Colts vs Patriots. This is actually kind of late to start things up.

Hell, it's never to early to talk Colts vs Patriots. This is actually kind of late to start things up.

Have the Colts been trying to hide injuries until they knew they were of the worst kind?

The Official Website of the Indianapolis Colts

And as (Colts Head Coach) Jim (Caldwell) said, 'We're entering a phase now traditionally from Week 8 to 12 where our injuries spike. That has been true over the last seven years, and there's no reason to think it won't be true now. Having said that, you still have to get better. Good teams get better at this point. Poor teams do not. It's our job to get better, to improve on what we can improve on – which is plenty, based on Sunday's performance.

I believe he said this before ANY of these announcements.

More-over, why would they IR a corner and LBer and sign a DE? More bad news coming?

Last edited:

On a side note:

How are the colts favored by 9 against the Texans passing game against the injury defense.

AND how are we favored by 11 points against the dolphins. This makes no sense. I expected the Pats and Colts to be 4 point favorites.

it should be the talk two times a year if the didnt move out of the AFC East........2002 to until now wouldve looked alot different for both teams if they stayed

On a side note:

How are the colts favored by 9 against the Texans passing game against the injury defense.

AND how are we favored by 11 points against the dolphins. This makes no sense. I expected the Pats and Colts to be 4 point favorites.

Because the Colts defense is sort of like the Giants defense. If they get a lead, they can rely on their pass rushers to disrupt the other team's passing game. If their pass rushers don't get there, their secondaries are exposed. But that's the chance the Colts have been willing to take and it has paid off this season. That's why the Vollmer vs. Freeney match-up is going to be so important to deciding the game. We know what Light has done against Freeney, but he's very likely to be out for that game. I hope Vollmer is up to the challenge. If Freeney and the Colts get held up at the LOS, we could feast on their battered secondary. If they don't get blocked, it could be a long day for our offense.

Fantasy Football, Baseball and Basketball - news, projections, rankings, draft guide - Rotoworld.com

Damn looks like Sanders is gone for the entire season, and Hayden their number one CB is out up to 4 weeks.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Colts SS Bob Sanders is done for the season after being diagnosed with a torn biceps tendon.

Colts LCB Kelvin Hayden will miss up to four weeks with a knee injury sustained in Week 8.

I wish Mr Potato Head ( Peyton ) would get worms in his ears.

I hate the colts and I wish they would all catch the swine flue before
our game next week.

Boo Boo Sanders visiting Dr Andrews is music to my ears.

Fantasy Football, Baseball and Basketball - news, projections, rankings, draft guide - Rotoworld.com

Damn looks like Sanders is gone for the entire season, and Hayden their number one CB is out up to 4 weeks.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Colts SS Bob Sanders is done for the season after being diagnosed with a torn biceps tendon.

Colts LCB Kelvin Hayden will miss up to four weeks with a knee injury sustained in Week 8.

Just like I said in my post before this one, with Jackson, Sanders, and Hayden looking to be out for that game the pressure for the Colts defense is going to lie squarely on the shoulders of Freeney and Mathis.

Just like I said in my post before this one, with Jackson, Sanders, and Hayden looking to be out for that game the pressure for the Colts defense is going to lie squarely on the shoulders of Freeney and Mathis.

Yeah big time, luckily for the colts those two have the ability to apply pressure on a consistent basis. There going to have to though if that defense doesnt want to be dissected their next two games.

Is anyone else envisioning next week's game like the 2005 Colts vs. Pats game, except the sides have shifted?

Is anyone else envisioning next week's game like the 2005 Colts vs. Pats game, except the sides have shifted?

I would love for the results to be the same... except in our favor. :D

I liked the Pats in that game BEFORE the Colts had Hawkeye and BJ Honeycutt hovering around. Now I REALLY like them..

For those of you who are interested in how Jamie Silva's doing with the Colts, he is leading the Special Teams group with 7 solo tackles, he's 2nd on the depth chart at Safety with Sanders out and, most importantly, he's the Colts new punt returner. Gives us something else to watch on the 15th.

Bob Sanders is now out for the year. This is by far their biggest loss. Without him they are not the same.

Colts lose Sanders, Jackson for season; Gonzalez has surgery

I now feel guilty playing the colts in a few weeks without some of their key guys. Gonzalez and Sanders are extremely important to their team.

Bob Sanders is now out for the year. This is by far their biggest loss. Without him they are not the same.

I'd agree in theory, but they've already been without him. Sanders has appeared in 2 games this year and registered 2 tackles. Hayden is going to require the biggest adjustment, IMO.

what gives?

What gives is that we're probably going to murder the Dolphins, whereas the Colts actually worry me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back