PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts injuries (Sanders, Hayden, Jackson, Gonzalez, Hagler) - merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know whats laughable:

Moss will be double covered by Bethea and Powers

Tate will be single covered by Lacey (UDFA)

Welker will be single covered by Jennings.

:singing:

Send Tate and Moss on vertical routes all day and BOMBS AWAYYYYY

I just don't see it being that big of a problem for them. They've been plugging corners in successfully for the last decade, and they still have everyone they need on offense (Manning, Wayne, Clark). They'll still play most games with a lead, and will still have Freeney and Mathis wreaking havoc.

An injury bug bites the Colts every year. Same way as us.

What??????????

This was a joke right?

The Colts have had injuries as does every team, but this is the first season they have had injuries close to comparable to what the Pats went through.

The Pats had TROY BROWN and a street free agent playing corner and won the freaking Superbowl that season.

I would wager to say the Colts have had less injuries to starters since 2001 then the league average!

Either way, not comparable to the Pats, and certainly not the same way as the Pats.

They just whine about there injuries louder so you would think they had more.

Last edited:
This weekend's game line hasn't changed because of the group of the injured, Hagler is the only one that has contributed every week.

The impact from these injuries will be felt in the coming weeks when the depth, or lack of depth, will be impacted.

you really don't..... and only have 1 Super Bowl to show for it.

this is the first major loss for the Colts.

It will hurt depth tremendously in the secondary and do not attempt to play it down. You are just lucky to have a FLUFF schedule.

oh well, the PATS are coming:)

Last edited:
This weekend's game line hasn't changed because of the group of the injured, Hagler is the only one that has contributed every week.

The impact from these injuries will be felt in the coming weeks when the depth, or lack of depth, will be impacted.

Who cares about the weekend line. That is based on where the money is going gambling after the the line is set on Monday. The reason the line hasn't changed is because the gambling public hasn't changed their betting on the game.

As for the losses, I thought the fact that the Colts are going to face the likes of Matt Schaub (twice), Tom Brady, Joe Flacco, and Kyle Orton instead of the QBs they have faced (Kerry Collins, David Garrard, Chad Pennington, Seneca Wallace, Alex Smith, and Marc Bulger) is going to expose the fact that those losses will hurt the Colts. The Colts have been able to overcome the losses of Sanders, Jackson, and Hayden in some games this year because for the most part (other than Arizona) have faced mediocre passing attacks. Warner has had a very up and down season so far this year, but he still was able to pass for 332 yards vs. the Colts which is the most yards he passed this season.

If the Colts had played anyone so far this season, I might say that the losses aren't that big of a deal. But the Colts have only played one team with a .500 or better record and it is the Jeckyl and Hyde Cardinals who probably would be below .500 if they weren't in a weak NFC West.

Starting tommorow, four out of the Colts' next five games are against teams with 4 or more wins (three of them have 5 or more wins). In, their first seven weeks, they faced one. I think this is when the Colts' season starts and I think the injuries on defense will be exposed. Granted, with Manning playing like he is, they can still beat some or even all of those teams. But if I was a Colts' fan I would would be worried that they could get 2-4 losses in the next five weeks. Houston (5-3), New England (5-2), Baltimore (4-3), Houston again, Tennessee (only easy game they have during the stretch at 1-6), and then Denver (6-1) is a tough stretch. A lot easier than the one they just did in Jacksonville (3-4), Miami (3-4), Arizona (4-3), Seattle without Hasselbeck (2-5), Tennesssee (1-6), St. Louis (1-7), and San Fran (3-4).

And before you Colts fans bring up the Pats' strength of schedule so far, they have played far tougher teams with three of them dragging down the winning percentage. The Pats have played Buffalo (3-5), Jets (4-4), Baltimore (4-3), Atlanta (4-3), Denver (6-1), Tennessee (1-7), and Tampa (0-7). So the Pats have played four teams with .500 or better records compared to the Colts' one. The Pats are 2-1 against teams with winning records vs. the Colts' 1-0.

We lose meaningful players to injury every year.
You don't.

When you have so many injuries that Dallas Clark is out there playing corner and you still win the SB, then come talk

Last edited:
You know whats laughable:

Moss will be double covered by Bethea and Powers

Tate will be single covered by Lacey (UDFA)

Welker will be single covered by Jennings.

:singing:

Send Tate and Moss on vertical routes all day and BOMBS AWAYYYYY

I much rather prefer "Crossing Routes".... we don't do it enough and it will **** w/ any Secondary.

Sure we use the slot a lot. But we need to attempt more "Crossing Routes" (down field)

these routes will be deadly :) and I am Confident Bigger plays will happen as a result.

This new O-Coordinator.. I am not sold on him yet. He has to prove himself.

If You happen to have an account on here......... (Which YOU Probably do not)

-Attempt more Crossing Routes w/ your receivers-
:):):):):):):)

Last edited:
Re: OT: Colts injuries (Sanders, Jackson, Gonzalez, Hagler) - MERGED UMBRELLA THREAD

I don't like the Patriots but I wasn't cheering when Tom went down last year.
Colts message boards everywhere erupted with glee the moment Tom went down. There was a thread on it here at the time. It was absolutely disgusting. indystar, coltfreaks, maybe others.

Re: OT: Colts injuries (Sanders, Jackson, Gonzalez, Hagler) - MERGED UMBRELLA THREAD

Colts message boards everywhere erupted with glee the moment Tom went down. There was a thread on it here at the time. It was absolutely disgusting. indystar, coltfreaks, maybe others.

That is why I have no SYMPATHY for other TEAMS w/ significant injuries

I actually look forward to them now....

I never use to be like that until the Aftermath of TFB ACL/MCL incident

Other fans dumped on Brady.... (the Best QB for getting Hurt). this incident of hatred towards a hurt TFB has made me liking the injuries of teams That threaten the PATS.

Last edited:
You don't.

When you have so many injuries that Dallas Clark is out there playing corner and you still win the SB, then come talk

New England set an injury record that season. Asking for the same of another team before you'll acknowledge their injuries is a bit over-the-top. Suffice it to say that the Colts have Bob Sanders, so they do lose at least one player to injury every year.

Last edited:
Why dont we talk about the...

dolphinslogo.gif

you really don't..... and only have 1 Super Bowl to show for it.

this is the first major loss for the Colts.

It will hurt depth tremendously in the secondary and do not attempt to play it down. You are just lucky to have a FLUFF schedule.

oh well, the PATS are coming:)

If you mean have we lost Peyton for the season, then we haven't. But we have had our fair share. Marvin (he never was the same again), Sanders, Freeney, Dallas, the entire offensive line, and the majority of the secondary have all missed significant time in the past couple of years. Peyton wasn't right last year until around the middle of the year due to his two knee surgeries.

Last edited:

On the Colts' schedule:
Opponents win rate .453 - fourth easiest in the NFL right now

That is a funny stat because if the Pats won all of their games there schedule would be I think 2 games tougher ;)

That is disgusting, Sorry for our fanbase. There is nothing good about anyone getting hurt, especially and injury that could challenge their carrer.

That is disgusting, Sorry for our fanbase. There is nothing good about anyone getting hurt, especially and injury that could challenge their carrer.

man you are just 1 of the minority.... ppl chirp me all the time about TFB and they hope he gets hurt again. It is a jealousy thing... I swear.

Patriot hate from my experience is huge. I do go to school in NY btw.

Last edited:
That is why I feel many Bostonians on here have not been exposed to this intense hatred like it has been shun upon My Pats in NY--- while going to school.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference