PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts injuries (Sanders, Hayden, Jackson, Gonzalez, Hagler) - merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT - Colts injuries

Maybe I'm drinking the kool-aid, but assuming no one else goes down, I think we'll be fine. Two days ago, I was thinking we had the deepest 2ndary in the league with 7 players I was comfortable being on the field.

Jackson being gone isn't the end of the world, he was only on the field about 10 snaps a game. Hayden being out medium-term is bad, but we've gone games without him. We went into the Cardinals game with 2 rookies on Boldin/Fitzgerald, and held them to 10 points.

Hagler gone sucks, but imo he was the weakest of the starting LBs, so not the end of the world there either.

Next 2 weeks are big for the Colts, a win vs the Texans puts them 4 games up in the division. A win vs the Pats near assures a 1st round bye.

Re: OT - Colts injuries - MERGED UMBRELLA THREAD

Despite all these injuries, we'll still beat you on 11/15

Jilla the prediction queen

That's about how it should break down. Lacey is an UDFA that has really impressed. He has started a couple games already and has log a decent amount of minutes. The big issue now is depth. If anyone else gets hurt practice squad guys will be starting.

Yeah my big scare is Jennings, we thought we were finally going to have him back to number 5 where he belongs, but rightback up to number 3.

Re: Colts lose LB and WR Gonzalez

That's a shame about Gonzalez on multiple fronts. I don't like the Colts, but I like him as a wide receiver and it sucks that he's going to be injured. On the second front, it sucks that he's probably going to be out because, when we beat the Colts, all the Colts fans are predictably going to blame the loss on not having Anthony Gonzalez. Sound familiar? "If we had Marvin Harrison, we would have won the game". "But you guys WERE winning and choked the lead away in the 4th quarter. On top of that, Harrison is not what he used to be". No response...

Or "...most of our players had the flu. They turned the stadium heat up. That PI call on Hobbs was BS..."

Yeah my big scare is Jennings, we thought we were finally going to have him back to number 5 where he belongs, but rightback up to number 3.

#3 but probably on the field a lot. I'm not sure how the Colts go against the Pats 3-wide without playing nickel.

Moss covered by Powers w/ Bethea over the top
Aiken/Tate covered by Lacey

That leaves Welker, Watson and a RB. I guess you could try to cover them with Bullitt and the linebackers and leave the deep middle open, but I wouldn't recommend it.

#3 but probably on the field a lot. I'm not sure how the Colts go against the Pats 3-wide without playing nickel.

That leaves Welker, Watson and a RB. I guess you could try to cover them with Bullitt and the linebackers and leave the deep middle open, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Well the good news for the Colts, at least short term, is they have been without most of these guys already. Hagler is the only one that hasn't missed a lot of time. Our LBers are fairly decent in coverage, especially Brackett. I haven't seen enough of Wheeler lately to judge him yet, but in the past moving forward was his strong suit, actually pile jumping is his best suit.

What the F are you coming to our board for????

And you, workhorse, get the ell out of here!!!!

IUCPF

Seriously dude why do you keep this charade? It's just sad that you troll around on your own board stealing the name of a Colts fan, acting like you are him.

Well the good news for the Colts, at least short term, is they have been without most of these guys already. Hagler is the only one that hasn't missed a lot of time. Our LBers are fairly decent in coverage, especially Brackett. I haven't seen enough of Wheeler lately to judge him yet, but in the past moving forward was his strong suit, actually pile jumping is his best suit.

Hayden only missed the Arizona, Tennesee, and Seattle games. Other than Arizona, the Colts' secondary didn't really face much of a test in those games. The Titans' passing offense sucks. Matt Hasselbeck was out of the game.

In fact, the Colts' pass defense hasn't really been tested yet. They have played Jacksonville (19th pass offense), Miami (29th), Seattle without Hasselbeck (rank irrelevant without Hasselbeck), Tennessee (26th), and San Fran with Alex Smith (rank unknown since Smith had his first start vs. the Colts). The only team they have faced with even an average pass offense is the Cards (8th).

The Colts will face better pass offenses come the second half of the season including Houston twice (3rd), the Pats (2nd), Baltimore (10th), and Denver (16th). Those are 5 games with passing offenses far superior to every passing offense the Colts have faced other than the Cards.

Seriously dude why do you keep this charade? It's just sad that you troll around on your own board stealing the name of a Colts fan, acting like you are him.

you're a good colts fan to have around

The 2 games coming up vs Houston are huge it will show if the Texans can move past Indy ...Colts still have Baltimore,Denver, and the Pats.

ESPN 30 for 30

The Band That Wouldn't Die by Barry Levinson

great episode about the Baltimore Colts !!!

Is the Pats-Colts game a throwback game?

How appropriate considering that if the Colts lose any more defenders, they may have to get some of those Baltimore Colts out of retirement.

No Colts were a old team in the NFL team...not a AFL team....

Wow, Moss double covered by Bethea and Powers. With Tate having single coverage on Lacey, Rookie vs. Rookie. Watson may require more coverage up the middle.

All I can say to the Colts fans is, Welker is going to do what Clark did to us on 3rd downs.

No, the Colts weren't an AFL team...

The Pats' last throwback game is against the Dolphins - this week IIRC. The Dolphins just aren't going to wear throwbacks (same as last week against Jets) because they weren't an original AFL team. I don't know why there's not a Pats-Jets legacy game.

Last edited:

How appropriate considering that if the Colts lose any more defenders, they may have to get some of those Baltimore Colts out of retirement.

hahaha the Baltimore Colts would never follow that drunk Irsay to Indy....

Re: OT: Colts injuries (Sanders, Jackson, Gonzalez, Hagler) - MERGED UMBRELLA THREAD

i think the colts are hard to throw the ball against. fact that their offense clicks and puts them ahead gives their defense not to play the run a whole lot. Especially with sanders out that is their biggest challenge. Yes they have lost players in the secondary but they have a very very good pass rush with freeny and mathis which helps them when other teams are playing from behind.
the colts formula is always been the same.get ahead and then use their speed on defense to stop the pass with a good pass rush. it hasnt changed.
their secondary didnt ever have any great playersIMO other than sanders whose biggest contributions were during the run defense.
So bottomline ,yes they have lost a lot of players on defense but the biggest threat is always the offense so they are not really significant aslong as freeny and mathis play.
just my opinion

No, the Colts weren't an AFL team...

The Pats' last throwback game is against the Dolphins - this week IIRC. The Dolphins just aren't going to wear throwbacks (same as last week against Jets) because they weren't an original AFL team. I don't know why there's not a Pats-Jets legacy game.

i agree...i really wanted to see the Pats in throwbacks against the Jets real uniforms.....all they would have to do is find a field with a baseball diamond on it and it would look like old Shea Stadium with the dirt infields...

Re: OT: Colts injuries (Sanders, Jackson, Gonzalez, Hagler) - MERGED UMBRELLA THREAD

You all seem rather concerned with the Colts this year. I mean you're facing a division rival that has a very good chance to make it a game..

...but I've seen more Colts threads on this board in the last few days than Dolphin threads

Without this recent super merge, almost half of the threads on the front page would have been dedicated to the Colts, and we don't play until next week

what gives?

its never to early to hate the Colts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back