PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts injuries (Sanders, Hayden, Jackson, Gonzalez, Hagler) - merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Colts lose LB and WR Gonzalez

Not saying that you are wrong but those calls happen on the road. Not saying they should...they just do. That is why this game is so desperately important for the Colts. They want nothing to do with the possibility of having to go through Foxboro to get to the Super Bowl. Besides the less than optimal (for them) weather in January, those calls are likely not to go their way and they should expect a few to go against them.

This is one tie-breaker that the Colts want to have in their pocket so they can give Sanders the last month of the season off.

Thank you. I'm so sick of the people claiming that Polian's role on the competition committee gives the Colts the officiating edge. I can't remember a single bad call at home in the playoffs. I can think of dozens on the road. It has nothing to do with the Colts, it has everything to do with our recent games with them being at their place.

Sanders may be the highest paid player in the NFL per actual game played.

Thank you. I'm so sick of the people claiming that Polian's role on the competition committee gives the Colts the officiating edge. I can't remember a single bad call at home in the playoffs. I can think of dozens on the road. It has nothing to do with the Colts, it has everything to do with our recent games with them being at their place.

Sanders may be the highest paid player in the NFL per actual game played.

Two come to mind right away.

1) Troy P. Int of Peyton That has to be the worst call in the history of the NFL

2) Phantom PI on Ellis Hobbs

I'm sure there is more

Re: Colts lose LB and WR Gonzalez

That's my point. It's whining if Colts fans do it, but it's not if Patriots fans do the same exact thing.

Not quite. The only thing that determines whether or not something is considered a whine is the message board on which it's posted.

Last edited:

it has everything to do with our recent games with them being at their place.

Assuming the opponent rotation stays the same...

2010: AFC South (Home)
2011: AFC South (Home)
2012: Indianapolis (Home)

So this will be the last regular season game at the LOS for a while. Assuming we all survive past 2012.

Last edited:

Not saying that you are wrong but those calls happen on the road. Not saying they should...they just do. That is why this game is so desperately important for the Colts. They want nothing to do with the possibility of having to go through Foxboro to get to the Super Bowl. Besides the less than optimal (for them) weather in January, those calls are likely not to go their way and they should expect a few to go against them.

This is one tie-breaker that the Colts want to have in their pocket so they can give Sanders the last month of the season off.

Outside of a certain AFCCG game, just how often do penalties that don't exist anymore "get called on the road"?

Re: Colts lose LB and WR Gonzalez

Not quite. The only thing that determines whether or not something is considered a whine is the message board on which it's posted.

ha ha ha ha

Outside of a certain AFCCG game, just how often do penalties that don't exist anymore "get called on the road"?

*cough* Tuck *cough*

:D the post is made as a friendly jab.

Ask the official and he will say there was contact. What about the infinite number of phantom holding calls that just happen to occur at key points against the visiting team? You think the Vikings are happy about the "tripping" call that effectively led to a 14 point swing against the Steelers? You think that call happens in Minnesota?

I agree with you that the call was really for face-guarding and anything after the fact is just CYA. Pass interference is one of the most subjective calls in the league and you tend to get the short end of those calls when you are on the road. So get HFA or be prepared to overcome these calls.

Home teams get borderline calls in all sports, I swear its just human nature. The refs, being human, are susceptible to that impulse to be affected by the crowd. The 06 AFCCG & our 07 victory in Indy both had some of the worst refereeing I've ever seen - and, unlike most time the refs screw stuff up - it was so consistently one-sided.

*cough* Tuck *cough*

The tuck rule was called against the Patriots earlier in that same season. It's been called time and again since that season.

It's a rule that existed at the time, and it still exists. It's a completely different scenario.

Last edited:

Ask the official and he will say there was contact. What about the infinite number of phantom holding calls that just happen to occur at key points against the visiting team? You think the Vikings are happy about the "tripping" call that effectively led to a 14 point swing against the Steelers? You think that call happens in Minnesota?

I agree with you that the call was really for face-guarding and anything after the fact is just CYA. Pass interference is one of the most subjective calls in the league and you tend to get the short end of those calls when you are on the road. So get HFA or be prepared to overcome these calls.

They called it faceguarding.

The guys that Beat Peyton are gone (Seymour, Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison) and in there place are younger guys.

This is by far one of the most complete Colt teams in a while. I can no longer look ar our defense and think oh boy we are in trouble. This defense is a little bigger and a lot more aggressive then in years past. Ron Meeks is doing wonders with that defense in Carolina (sarcasm) Coyer has brought a new attitude and we actually blitz on occasion it is amazing :)

Also who knows if the Colts can't compete, they have not been tested you are correct, they have played a softer schedule, however if you won the games you lost the record of your opponents would be what 2 games better then ours? Also the only way to know how good they are is to test them. Then we will see what kind of team they really are.

You can learn a lot from a loss, in fact you can learn more from a loss then you can in a win in my opinion.

We shall see on the 15th what this Colt team is made of.

1. Loses haven't helped Peyton win in the playoffs..... 1 game below .500 playoff record:cool:

-sick recky

2. physical receivers is not necessarly a good thing. I would focus on more if or not they can "block" well

3. Seymour, Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison only players to "beat" Peyton? plz....
Which Bruschi are you refering to? Post stroke or Pre stroke? Both versions beat the Colts. These 3 are aging anyways.... we have a plethora of younger physical players taking their place.

Gary Guyton,Whilite, Mayo, Banta Cain, McGowan

Pats are now in the 4-3 Indy has Not experienced this new change in defensive scheme, youthfulness and physical presence. The PATS are new.

Merriwheather and Chung can ******* hit. Darius Butler can pass protect w/ the elite.

A storm be brewin in INDY on November 15th and this THUNDER kills:cool:

Last edited:

*cough* Tuck *cough*

The Tuck rules is still a rule. What part of that don't you get?

Plus it gets called on the road. For example in the same 2001 Pats 'Tuck Rule' season it was called AGAINST the Pats allowing the Jets' Testaverde to keep possession of the ball instead of losing the 'fumble' deep in their territory. The rule was reviewed by the NFL competition committee and has been kept on the books, UNLIKE the bogus 'faceguarding' penalty call that was no longer a rule when it was incorrectly invoked against Ellis Hobbs III.

It really helps to learn the game before posting ignorance on a football board.

Last edited:

I think the correct numbers are 3-1

3 rings for brady and 1 for manning what else really matters:eek:

I think the correct numbers are 3-1

3 rings for brady and 1 for manning what else really matters:eek:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

TOUCHE well said. :)

a more filled out QB is living in the shadow of a smaller one.....

who could that be?:singing:

Last edited:

Right. So Terry Bradshaw is a better QB than Brady.

I get it.

If we go to the Steelers forum, I'm sure that is an argument they'll defend.

On another subject, how do you feel about signing that big contract to Bob Sanders now? Seems like he's been hurt more than healthy ever since that extension.

The Tuck rules is still a rule. What part of that don't you get?

Plus it gets called on the road. For example in the same 2001 Pats 'Tuck Rule' season it was called AGAINST the Pats allowing the Jets' Testaverde to keep possession of the ball instead of losing the 'fumble' deep in their territory. The rule was reviewed by the NFL competition committee and has been kept on the books, UNLIKE the bogus 'faceguarding' penalty call that was no longer a rule when it was incorrectly invoked against Ellis Hobbs III.

It really helps to learn the game before posting ignorance on a football board.

I actually think you don't get what post as a friendly jab means.

I was joking, relax homer, calm down, take a chill pill, don't take everything so serious man, stop harshing the mellow.

It was a joke that is all.

It really helps to read a post before jumping on the poster ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference