PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Colts injuries (Sanders, Hayden, Jackson, Gonzalez, Hagler) - merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: Colts lose LB and WR Gonzalez

LB Hagler is gone for year.

WR Gonzalez could be out for the year but is most likely out for multiple weeks.

Let us hope the PATS can stay healthy so we can beat down on INDY @ INDY

I always like it when INDY loses :cool:

gonzalez doesnt seem be missed much. on the other hand does it seem a little overboard to anyone else when everyone keeps saying manning is doing it with a bunch of rookies. i mean he is playing great and all but they still have wayne and clark. the rookies are playing the 3rd and 4th WR i would think

Colts have not been tested..... in '09

Reality is going to hit you hard w/ a 1 in the loss column. FAKE schedule, very weak.

you can try and be positive....... but be realistic, despite home field advantage the Colts cannot compete. Not a pass rush team...... and not a threat to Brady in the pocket. Brady+ time in the pocket= touchdowns and mad yardage.

PATS have a physical secondary now that is going to dominate. Both teams have a weak running game........ and TFB will continue his lavish record against Peyton. The rivalry between these 2 is very lopsided in BRADY'S Favor..... what will it be now if Brady wins ?? 8?

GAME OVER

Regular season comparison or postseason? number 12 has been clutch.

TFB>Peyton

Gonzalez has been out since the 1st quarter of game 1. The Indy O has been doing great without him so I wouldn't call his absence headline-worthy.

Regards,
Chris

I'm going to be at this game!! I'll be in the 7th row on the colts side. The side sucks but I didn't have to pay anything for the ticket so I'll live with it. Thankfully I found out about this a week ago so I could start getting mentally prepared for all the crap I'm gonna have to deal with. The question remains, which jersey should I go with, Brady, Wilfork, or my old Bledsoe jersey??

I'm going to be at this game!! I'll be in the 7th row on the colts side. The side sucks but I didn't have to pay anything for the ticket so I'll live with it. Thankfully I found out about this a week ago so I could start getting mentally prepared for all the crap I'm gonna have to deal with. The question remains, which jersey should I go with, Brady, Wilfork, or my old Bledsoe jersey??

Best to go with the old Bledsoe jersey. Nothing is worse than being a lifelong fan of this team and getting accused of being a front runner just because of a few bad apples.

Nice to see Pats fans living in the past still. This isn't 2004. You're talking about the Pats and Brady owning the Colts?

Brady is 1-3 out of his last 4 VS the Colts.

The Pats are 1-4 out of their last five VS the Colts.

That is all.

We're talking about the decade altogether. By the way, we would be 2-0 in the last two if not for David Thomas and a boneheaded penalty that knocked us out of field goal range. Oh yeah, and that was with our BACK-UP quarterback. It's okay though, we'll settle for 2-1 in the last three in a few weeks.

And the Jets are a better team than the Dolphins.

Or do you guys only make fun of Jets fans for doing that?

The Dolphins weren't having trouble stopping a back-up that had only started a handful of games since high school. It's always good to see Colts fans taking anything they can. Face it, if Brady were in there last year we would be 2-0 in the last two (and that game might have been a blow out). However, even though he wasn't and we were playing with Matt Cassel, we should have upended you. But go ahead and be proud.

here we go again :rolleyes: Now we'll get to watch the ongoing colts vs pats debate tonight. Couldnt we have waited till we play them? :confused:

Personally, the Colts make me nervous. Then again, the next 5 games make me nervous :eek:

Yeah, Brady has only lost 3 out 4 VS the Colts, but sure, the Pats would have won if he was in there.

Seriously dude, you sound like a Dolphins fan.

1 loss? Maybe a fluke.

2 losses? start of a trend, but hey, maybe the Colts just got lucky twice right?

3 losses? including the AFCG? Maybe you should hold off on the "we would have won if we had Brady" stuff?

I could be like you and point out all the Colts injuries from last year. I could point out Manning wasn't healthy for a lot of last year.

But I'll just point out that the Colts have beaten the Pats 4 out the last 5 games. Including 75% of the time when Tom Brady is playing.

Seriously, how many Pats fans on this board ripped the Ravens when they blamed losses on ticky tack fouls? Remember that?

Go look at the threads calling out the Jets coach and fans for saying they're better than a team, even though they've lost twice to them this year.

Now look at what you're doing. Do you see the connection?

First off, the Thomas foul wasn't ticky tack. That deserved to be called because he acted like an idiot, was way too overaggressive, and hit his man extremely late. That was a 15 yard penalty that, if it hadn't happened, would have won us the game. On top of that, Gaffney missed a wide open catch that would have went for a TD. We could have easily beaten you by double digits but didn't.

Secondly, the last two times Brady played the game, we went up by double digits in the first half only for the defense to fall apart because we didn't have an answer for Dallas Clark (which is no longer the case), and then won the next year. Brady didn't play in 2008 but I think it goes without saying that he's a better quarterback than Matt Cassel, whom you guys could not stop throughout the entire game.

Third of all, when accounting for Brady, it doesn't suprise me that you would stop at the AFCCG because that's what's most convenient for your argument. Then again, you are a Colts fan coming onto a Pats forum to do nothing else but defend your team because of your rabid obsession so it SHOULDN'T be a suprise.

Fourth of all, Manning was anything but "unhealthy" in our game. Actually, when we played last year, that's when he was seriously starting to hit his stride. So blaming the fact that we were even in the game, in spite of our franchise being out, sounds a little dumb. Do you think you guys would even be anywhere near contending with us in a game of Jim Sorgi was starting? You don't have to answer that, by the way. We already know.

And last, but not least, I'm not about to blame the loss on injuries. It's pretty clear who the most injured team was in that game, but it wouldn't do me any good to point it out because we were still well within striking distance. However, I can point to one guy's boneheaded play (uncommon of a Belichick team) that lost the game. If I want to get really fancy, I can point to a dropped pass as well. However, I won't do that either.

Like I said, we can be 2-0 in the last two, but we'll settle for 2-1 in the last three. When the 2010 season is over with, I have a feeling the Pats will have the edge on the Colts for the decade series.

here we go again :rolleyes: Now we'll get to watch the ongoing colts vs pats debate tonight. Couldnt we have waited till we play them? :confused:

Personally, the Colts make me nervous. Then again, the next 5 games make me nervous :eek:

Yep. The Colts always make me nervous. I have a feeling we'll pull the game off though.

haha this colts fan has a little attitude. i think it might be because his mom didnt pack his snack pack for school tomorrow:p but i think the pats will win and the colts will slowly decline until finally losing in the first round of the play offs...quote me haha

Yep. The Colts always make me nervous. I have a feeling we'll pull the game off though.

The only way we win these upcoming tough games is to play mistake free football...............:eek:

Im starting my voodoo rituals early this week. Anybody have a Joey Porter doll? I need its head. Oh, and a live chicken (if Rex Ryan hasnt eaten them all) :D

Yeah, that's a really well thought out intelligent funny post.

THANKS! sorry that was mean but the prediction i made i actually believe in...they hit there stride early but i think it will start to slow down with either a loss to the pats or texans....yup i said it...texans...

THANKS! sorry that was mean but the prediction i made i actually believe in...they hit there stride early but i think it will start to slow down with either a loss to the pats or texans....yup i said it...texans...

Texans just lost their safety valve. I don't know much about their bu TEs, but Owens was what Coates was for Bledsoe. We'll have to see how they do their next game.

Dude. 4-1.

That's cute. We all know where you guys are in the regular season, so congratulations on that. However, we also know where you guys will be in the postseason. Here's to hoping you guys don't meet up with any 8-8 teams in the first round! :eat3:

:rofl:

Texans just lost their safety valve. I don't know much about their bu TEs, but Owens was what Coates was for Bledsoe. We'll have to see how they do their next game.

ya true butt Schaub is the leader in passing tds i think and they have andre johnson and kevin walter. also that moats guy had a break out game and if he does that again then schaub can use PA and open up the ever so dangerous johnson

That's great. Doesn't change 4-1 at all.

BTW, what happened last time the Colts and Pats met in the POs?

Wish we could have seen in 2007, but the Colts lost to San Diego... AGAIN. Usually the Colts don't get deep enough into the playoffs to meet up with the Pats. I hope that changes this year. ;)

I'll answer that question, though, when you answer mine: do you even think the Colts would be competitive in a game against the Pats with Jim Sorgi as their quarterback?

EDIT: And here's a better question: why are you here? One would think that if the Colts were such the dominant team over the Pats, their fans wouldn't have big enough chips on their shoulders to show up to the other team's forum to defend their team's honor.

Last edited:

Let me just add one more thing in here after doing some lurking of my own on the Colts forums. And that is this: ~Indy Amber~ is HOT! :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back